Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby willthegolfer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:59 pm

SPOILER ALERT : This was posted over at SfGam world. Credit to user bluebear816, who received a screenshot of this page. Image
Top Five Coasters- 5. Cheetah Hunt 4. Viper (SfGam) 3. Kumba 2. Montu 1. Goliath (SfGam)
Check out my RCT2 park, Six Flags North Woods!LINK
Wishlist - Every RMC, El Toro, Skyrush, I305, Fury 325, Maverick

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby anewman35 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:16 pm

And here's a link to a cached version of it. It's definitely real, although maybe not final because there is at least one typo in it:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:jCAHEY-w9tgJ:https://blog.sixflags.com/greatamerica/atttractions/40-seasons/facts+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby ImmelMatt » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:44 pm

No refurbed Sky Whirl? :cry:
Something clever or funny should go here.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby RandallDuell » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:58 pm

The amount of awesome that would be them ordering up a new age Sky Whirl would be off the charts. I've oft times wondered what Intamin/whomever would do, with today's technology, if asked to build a triple wheel?

Glad to hear that those two areas are being spruced up, and that a few of the kiddie rides are coming back (I guess that's what'll be going in the ropes course's old spot...?

Will be fun to see just how detailed they get - I have some faith that we'll be surprised with some of the attention to detail.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:43 am

Join Six Flags Great America as we celebrate 40 seasons of thrills in 2015, honoring the park’s history and applauding its growth. This season will see many new projects and events throughout the park. Namely the return of classic kiddie rides, a weekly event highlighting one of our world-class rides, and the refreshing of the Carousel Plaza and Hometown Square areas of the park.

Great America opened in 1976 in honor of the bi-centennial and to celebrate rich American history. Over the years, Six Flags Great America has evolved greatly, striving to create lasting memories for families.

From its conception in the 70s through today, Six Flags Great America has always pushed the envelope in thrills, entertainment and innovation. This park has seen 40 incredible seasons providing memories for millions of families. These memories live on for generations to return and pass on to their children. Join us in 2015, as we commemorate our 40 seasons at Six Flags Great America.

40th season celebration
Complete refresh of the Carousel Plaza and Hometown Square sections
Coaster celebrations
In-park festivities and weekly events
Restoration of three original chiildren's rides
Tots Livery Surrey Carriages
Red Baron Airplanes
Lady Bugs

Six Flags Great America today includes:

80 rides, slides and attractions
100 acres of fun
20-acre water park
Home to Goliath, the world's tallest, steepest and fastest wooden roller coaster!
40seasonslogo.jpg

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby anewman35 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:45 am

RandallDuell wrote:Glad to hear that those two areas are being spruced up, and that a few of the kiddie rides are coming back (I guess that's what'll be going in the ropes course's old spot...?

They haven't officially said this (maybe at the event today?) but it makes massive amounts of sense for them to be going in the old Hometown Park area (where I believe they were originally) - It's covered up now by a basketball game, but you can see from overhead maps that all the ride pads are still there. And they keep going on and on about Hometown Square, which is where those rides would be, so it doesn't make any sense to put them in County Fair.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Waltrane » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:51 am

I rode the Red Baron and the Lady Bugs as a kid. It's nice to see these come back. I'm happy the announcement wasn't for Ignite 2: Electric Boogaloo. Them saving money at this park can only (hopefully) mean something big in 2016. Let's hope for an RMC retooling of the Anerican Eagle!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/d07a25bf830f44bab60863e8d0fa0958.jpg[/img][/url]

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:21 am

General park improvements are always welcome. Are they going to be improving their horrifying customer service, as well? :lmao:
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby EricGarbo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:31 am

I like the new rides announcements at SFMM and SFNE, but something about this announcement helps with my blood pressure. It's nice to see a little bit of a u-turn from a straight trip into the abyss.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:33 am

Yeah, it really isn't much, but the park did just get Goliath, so this event is perfect for the park. Bringing back some of the original rides from the park will bring back some charm from Great America's early years, and I don't think adding charm to a park is a bad thing at all.
2016 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing
2017 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing

2018 Valleyfair Ride Operator - Steel Venom/Scrambler
2019 Cedar Point Ride Operator

Top Ten: Steel Vengeance - Fury 325 - Twisted Timbers - Intimidator 305 - Lightning Rod - Maverick - Millennium Force - Top Thrill Dragster - Banshee - Goliath (SFGAm)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!