Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1257 - World's Tallest Water Coaster coming in 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby B&MGuy35 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:36 am

_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Does anybody know why there was an explosion like sound when Maxx Force tested. It could be heard all the way from the Mardi Gras section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the sound the air compressors make. Unfortunately there’s no way around it. This is the first time we’re seeing this in North America so unless anyone’s been over seas and ridden any of their other launches coasters you’ve never really heard it before. But it’s the same as their towers and swing rides, but this is so much more intense so it’s much louder

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:11 am

B&MGuy35 wrote:This is the first time we’re seeing this in North America so unless anyone’s been over seas and ridden any of their other launches coasters you’ve never really heard it before.

Oh yeah, there definitely hasn't been another one in the Midwest for the last 15 years.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby TNT » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:03 pm

B&MGuy35 wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Does anybody know why there was an explosion like sound when Maxx Force tested. It could be heard all the way from the Mardi Gras section.

That’s the sound the air compressors make. Unfortunately there’s no way around it. This is the first time we’re seeing this in North America so unless anyone’s been over seas and ridden any of their other launches coasters you’ve never really heard it before. But it’s the same as their towers and swing rides, but this is so much more intense so it’s much louder

The compressors are twin screw compressors. They don't make explosion like sounds, they make a droning sound.

The explosion like sound is caused by the ride dumping the compressed air from the launch cylinder to prevent the piston from hitting the end of the cylinder.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:48 pm

Edit: Nevermind
Last edited by 9Armgeddon4 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:59 pm.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Buzzsaw Falls, the Premier coaster, did not have a launch. The launch was entirely S&S's work. It is also the exact same technology that is being used on MaxxForce, so no, the assertion that this is a first of its kind in North America is just wrong. It's literally been in the next state over for a decade and a half.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:46 pm

^ Alright understood even though I knew that already.
Now that that’s over with here’s a TR from yesterday that I meant to post last night but forgot

So I decided to visit the park yesterday with a friend since I had a bonus BAFF offer. Now I knew the park was going to be busy and sure enough it was. Lucky that didn’t stop us from riding most of the coasters and rides. Goliath, X-Flight and V2 had too long of a line so we didn’t get to ride them as well as the Dark Knight. Joker was closed most of the day as was one of Log flumes(the arrow flume). We were also lucky enough to see Maxx Force test run while riding STT early in the day. It’s still going to be a while before it opens though but it’s just great to see it test run. I’m not sure when I’ll be back to the park but I’d like to to be after Maxx Force opens.
Here are our ride totals
STT: 1x
Whizzer: 1x
Demon: 1x
Lobster: 1x
Triple Play: 1x
Viper: 1x
Giant Drop: 1x
Justice League: 1x
American Eagle: 2x both sides were actually open but not racing. This was the first time in years I’ve seen both dudes open st the same time.
Revolution: 1x
Raging Bull: 1x
Ricochet: 1x
Yankee Clipper: 1x
Batman the Ride: 1x
Roaring Rapids: 1x
Condor: 1x
Superman: 1x

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby OrlandoGuy » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:40 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Buzzsaw Falls, the Premier coaster, did not have a launch. The launch was entirely S&S's work. It is also the exact same technology that is being used on MaxxForce, so no, the assertion that this is a first of its kind in North America is just wrong. It's literally been in the next state over for a decade and a half.

We get it, you have the biggest d*ck in the room because you keep track of different ride technologies. Aren’t you one of the guys on here that constantly berates “enthusiasts” that nerd out about random stuff? The pot shouldn’t call the kettle black.

Postby prozach626 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:29 am

I don't see anything other than him stating pretty basic knowledge of his home park. He's familiar with Powder Keg and he's correcting misinformation. Maybe we should just go on talking about how Maxx Force's launch system is the first of its kind in North America?

Just chill... and no one here wants to continue your nerdy conversation about genital size.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby OrlandoGuy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:54 am

prozach626 wrote:... and no one here wants to continue your nerdy conversation about genital size.

Lol....good one?

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:41 am

Hello All! It looks like my trip will fall before Maxx Force's opening day (great job as usual Six Flags), on July 8th so I have a few Flashpass questions (I'm going to reserve 2 Gold Flashpass online unless that's not the best way to get one):

Does this park use the shittybands or the Classic Q bot?

Which rides are not worth ever using Flashpass for? I am planning on going straight to the back of the park and Goliath once I pick up from reservation counter, anything that has a higher priority than that?

I am travelling with 3 people total, one is a Six Flags over Georgia Gold Passholder, how much would it cost him and what is the best way to gain admission to the Waterpark?

Thank you all for the help!
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!