TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amazing water slides

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually known about the LIM waterslides for awhile now. But I can't wait to see this LIM slide in action, it sounds really neat. The pitures I've seen of it so far, this thing looks really technological, with all kinds of wiring going on. According to ProSlide at WWA, all they said is that this thing goes uphill "fast" when compared to other uphill water rides.

This site says that there are only 18 slides. I remember seeing a picture a really long time ago that showed an aerial view of a tower that had 50 slides on it. The slides all wound around each other in the shape of an octagon, and the entrance to each one was on one big platform in the middle. I tried to look for that picture again, but I could not find it anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

what?! 50 slides? wow just made me surprised lol!

i wanna get to sd2k's soak city 'n gonna slide 'em

all down in couple o' hours! a bunch of so crazy

stuffs! i guess 10 more slides can pack in a space!

Guinness World Record

Certificate

Nagashima Spaland has the most slides in one space

(50 slides) and this is the world record.

There are at least 11 slides at the top level of that tower alone, plus more below that. I finally found Nagashima Spa Land on Google Earth (!) and counted them.

If you have Google Earth, you can check it out for yourself. The coordinates of the tower are 35 degrees 1 minute 49 seconds North and 136 degrees 43 minutes 43 seconds East. (It can be pretty hard to find Nagashima Spa Land if you're like me and haven't been to Japan before. I found another city in the prefecture called Nagashima and spent about 20 minutes looking around in that, only to find out that it's in another city on the other side of the Mie prefecture!)

It looks like there are probably a lot of other slides in the tower that start off further down.

There are 2 Weird NJ issues that have lots of great stories about Action Park and the Cannonball Loop. I saw this slide with my very own eyes. It was real. My first visit to Traction ...I mean Action Park, someone died on my very first ride on my very first visit. It was a Kayak ride 2 people were electrocuted while I was on it. The best slide I was ever on was at Action Park. It's called the Colorado River. It was one of the first "family" type slides but with a ground hugging course that was extememly agressive. Your boat will go vertical and the people at the top would land on the people on the bottom. It was more like 10 min mosh pit in a boat. I believe it still runs at Mount Creek (Name Change). I'm not sure if they changed the layout or the safety of it.

I second Bomb Bay at Wet n Wild, I remember the attendant telling me to jump up and he would press the button to open the floor, definitely cool!!

I've seen that looping waterslide on other forums and people just can't believe it's real, but it definitely appears there was a crack out there who actually built this, I would love to hear from someone who rode this what it felt like, it looks like a slide you would see in a Simpsons go to the waterpark episode.

Totally check out the Wilderness Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI.

Wilderness Territory has 8 waterparks!!! 4 indoor and 4 outdoor! All indoor slides except the flumes go outside and come back inside at the bottom!

Indoor:

Wild Water Dome features a huge wavepool, tan-through roof, 2 mammoth family slides

Wild West features a interactive wave pool, large indoor/outdoor spa, huge interactive waterplay structure with 2 flume slides, 4 turbo tunnels, 1 2-person atomic coasters, 1 mammoth family slide and 1 bowl slide.

Klondike Kavern features an adventure river, large indoor/outdoor spa, interactive waterplay mountain, 2 turbo tunnels, 2 2-person atomic coasters and 1 4-person tornado type ride.

Wilderness on the lake features a play island and massive indoor/outdoor spa.

Outdoor:

Lost World Waterpark featuring an interactive river ride with everything from raging rapids river sections uphill currents and beach runoffs.

New Frontier Waterpark featuring an adventure river, large activity pool, play island, 1 turbo tunnel, 1 2-person pipeline and 1 2-person atomic coaster.

Lake Wilderness Waterpark featuring several activity pools and 1 turbo tunnel, 1 2-person pipeline, and a few little speed slides.

Hurricanemovie.gif.9108d4e5dd2d131dd735103b0a11d6bd.gif

Hurrican Waterslide

waterdome2.jpg.f1a69c43f03e8f343f57c4774f279808.jpg

Wild Waterdome

• 7 months later...

I like these 5 slides at Wild Waves (WA)

Blue and black are hydro slides.

Black and white are speed slides.

p7437.jpg.fdde45d116fecf11e5ba28edd1a7ed6f.jpg

Thanks RCDB for the picture!

ev03.jpg.3d39d1f2949016fc977e2090134dac39.jpg

Thanks TPR for the picture!

Dude, these water slides are amazing! My favorite water park is Hyland Hills Waterworld in Denver, CO. I highly recommend everyone go there. All of their slides are great. The freefall speed slides are amazing, and their bowl slides are too. But their all time best is the underground, heavily themed "Voyage to the Center of the Earth" - truly an amazing experience! They also have an underground Egyptian river run, but it's not as fun as VttCotE. I'm going there in a week from today!!!! Rumor has it they are adding yet another water slide this year, but I have yet to confirm that. And to think I used to be afraid of large water slides. Now I can't get enough of them!

-Sam

Thought I might post some updated pictures of some of the rides in the two main Australian Water Parks.

The Rip: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=170

The Temple of Huey: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=169 There have been reports of more construction happening around this tower of late, with plenty of area to expand into. So needless to say we are hoping for something mind blowing.

Super Tubes HydroCoaster..The LIM version: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=168

The Green Room: http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=163

I know that this can get a bit freaky when you are only inches from touching the water pipe on the first run through...have pics somewhere of that.

The Nick kids area seems to be a standard set up, or at least from what I am told : http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/gallery.php?gid=167

I can't remember the name of the park but if you are ever in Nuevo Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta Mexico, there is only one water park there and it is one of the best I have been to. They have a ton of slides and it's Mexico so the operators don't give a darn and let like 15 people go down at once. It's wild.