TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

p. 734 - Lightning Rod closed for remainder of 2020 season

Mask don't do much, stop getting your titties twisted over stupid stuff

Banned from our forum. I simply do not have time nor do I care to put up with self-entitled assholes here that think they can do whatever the fuck they want to.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean like this. . . (pssst, all wooden coasters run on steel rails, well, with the exception of the flying turns)   Also, who would have thought the first RMC coaster to get the RM

Their season pass renewal system is running on the same server as Lightning Rod. 

Shenanigans! Dollywood is a theme park. Do you realize how many people go to Dollywood for the shows? Or the Eagle habitat? Or the soot train? Or just to take it all in? Or the freaking cinnamon

Posted Images

Ok. For this masks don't do much argument and shouldn't be worn in theme parks... Lotte World just had a confirmed case visit their parks. The person wore a mask at the park and at school. Other people in the theme park wore masks and so far there have been no linked cases back to him yet. I think they tested over 800 people from the school and park that he may have come into contact with and they were all negative.

Now even though Lotte World is indoors it's quite open so these aren't great comparisons but they are the closest I have. A person in a nightclub spread the virus and there's 277 cases connected to him. That's pretty crowded but another is a table tennis gym. People were further apart and someone still spread it to 50 people.

As for this hot and not breathing. I'm a teacher and it's 32C here yesterday and today. I wore mine no problem walking to and from school in the open heat (maybe 2.2km each way) and the classrooms were quite hot and so did all the students. You do see a lot of people who decide to randomly wear their masks on their chins or off their noses but the majority of people young-old are wearing them all day straight no problem.

Posted (edited)

I’m so glad you’re on this forum to be the voice of reason. Do you just stay here to keep tabs on how insane Americans are and then laugh about it with your friends? That’s what I’d do if I were you.

And yeah, at the end of the day this isn’t a debate about the efficacy of masks anyway. It’s about respecting the park’s rules and not being dramatic about it or making a simple decision to not go without being obnoxious about it. To people who have responses like that, I welcome you to start your own theme park and then you can make whatever rules you want.

Edited by coasterbill

For all the people in the no mask camp, feel free to make a little road trip out of Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World. They are both only recommending masks and are 1.5 hours apart. Free world, free choices for all! You just have to understand that you don't make the rules, but feel free to act on your preferences! Theme parks across the board need our entertainment dollars this year!

Did anyone happen to take note of how quickly reservations disappeared for Dollywood’s opening day (June 15th)?

Hey everyone! I am curious if anyone has suggestions about the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. I went to Dollywood the last two years and my friends and I wanted to do other things in the area. I am interested in the Mountain Monster thrill tower, white water rafting, a mountain coaster, and many other things. We plan on hiking and whitewater rafting one day, going to this new waterpark called Soaky Mountain on another day, and we have a third day to do things. If anyone has any good suggestions of things that are off the beaten path or shouldn't be missed I would greatly appreciate hearing your thoughts!

Does anybody know if the timesaver is more expensive if you buy the day of instead of online?
Same price. They just might sell out, not that I know of thst ever happening.
Hey everyone! I am curious if anyone has suggestions about the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area.

If anyone has any good suggestions of things that are off the beaten path or shouldn't be missed I would greatly appreciate hearing your thoughts!

Lots of good zip line options.

This has been my favorite so far

https://www.legacymountainziplines.com

Of course lots of great hiking in the national park.

Was just in the area for a week. Very few people are wearing masks. Some of the attractions were giving out masks and asking people to wear them and most people refused to wear masks. Lots were thrown on the ground. Only a few businesses were requiring them. Some restaurants were reducing capacity some were not. Lots of signs posted asking for compliance with social distancing but no enforcement that I saw. Staff at most businesses were wearing masks.

Yup same thing I said about the skylift a few weeks ago. They give them out and ask you to wear, but most people tossed them off GOING UP the lift, onto the ground. Ripley's had a free mask making station to make cloth mask! It was free the day I went (I'm sure it still is) the girl said 3 people had stopped to make mask. They were trying to make it fun, to encourage people to wear by teaching how to make one!

It's going to be very hard for Dollywood to enforce unless they kick everyone out of the park. I can already see mask tossed everywhere at Dollywood

We will see how it works out for them.

Even the outdoor attractions that required them, people weren't wearing and just ignored all requests when asked to put them on. These businesses really had nothing they could do bc it was everyone doing it, so how do you even attempt to handle that? With everything else going on, how do you even try and control thousands of people who refuse without simply closing your doors?

Disclaimer: This is not an anti-mask post. This is what I've truly observed around the area. My wife and I have been able to find some fairly thin mask at OLD Navy that seem fairly cool

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

These businesses really had nothing they could do bc it was everyone doing it, so how do you even attempt to handle that? With everything else going on, how do you even try and control thousands of people who refuse without simply closing your doors?

They'd only have to kick a few out before others got the point.

Yup same thing I said about the skylift a few weeks ago. They give them out and ask you to wear, but most people tossed them off GOING UP the lift, onto the ground.

That is awful. Not only are those people littering on natural landscape, they're also preventing someone who would actually use the mask from having it. I'm getting tired of head-ranting every time I read something like this.

Was just in the area for a week. Very few people are wearing masks. Some of the attractions were giving out masks and asking people to wear them and most people refused to wear masks. Lots were thrown on the ground. Only a few businesses were requiring them. Some restaurants were reducing capacity some were not. Lots of signs posted asking for compliance with social distancing but no enforcement that I saw. Staff at most businesses were wearing masks.
I did want to make a comment on the reduced capacity at restaurants. A lot actually are doing this, they've just removed tables unlike a lot of places that place signs on the table not to use. An example of this is old reds. They normally have double the amount of tables they have right now.

When they remove tables completely, it gives a look like you aren't reducing capacity but really are

Yup same thing I said about the skylift a few weeks ago. They give them out and ask you to wear, but most people tossed them off GOING UP the lift, onto the ground.

That is awful. Not only are those people littering on natural landscape, they're also preventing someone who would actually use the mask from having it. I'm getting tired of head-ranting every time I read something like this.

Skylfit tried to make it a souvenir type item. They printed or stamped Gatlinburg Skypark on them

I didn't get one, I had my own

It's one thing to ignore the rules, it's a whole other thing to then take the free thing they've given you to protect everyone and litter with it! Ugh! Humanity.

Tennessee sucks. I’m not in pigeon forge, but visiting in middle Tennessee and keep getting stared down for wearing a mask when I go in stores. This state gets what it deserves if this thing spikes.

I did want to make a comment on the reduced capacity at restaurants. A lot actually are doing this, they've just removed tables unlike a lot of places that place signs on the table not to use. An example of this is old reds. They normally have double the amount of tables they have right now.

When they remove tables completely, it gives a look like you aren't reducing capacity but really are

The upstairs at the pancake pantry was closed, but downstairs tables were as packed in as ever

Calhouns and monster burgers had some Tables off limits.

Calhoun's has been in trouble for not following rules. They are based here in Knoxville and have been all in the news for it. I'm surprised they even had tables off limits

this may have already been answered, but does Dollywood sell masks?

I can get N95 masks through my job but they tend to break easily. I just want to make sure I have a backup plan and don't want to assume anything.

I might be mixing them up with someone else, but I thought I read, they would be available in limited qty

this may have already been answered, but does Dollywood sell masks?

Doesn't mention selling, but the FAQ page says they will be available.

https://www.dollywood.com/playsafe/faq#maskFAQ

"Guests are encouraged to bring a mask with them when visiting. However, masks will be provided for guests in need."

Calhoun's has been in trouble for not following rules. They are based here in Knoxville and have been all in the news for it. I'm surprised they even had tables off limits

We were there when the doors opened and the restaurant was empty so I may have misinterpreted

FYI,

If you are a season pass holder it appears you can only enter at 9, 10, 11 or 12. If you are more than an hour late they give you a super hard time and almost didn't let me and my wife in.

Considering we visit in the evenings a lot, there is no way to book anything past 12 with our season passes!

I was told it's so they could cancel your reservation and let someone else in if you don't show early enough........

Just tossing this out there

Dollywood, why not make evening specific hours for season pass holders as well!

To be fair you were an hour late. If I was a business I would probably sell your spot too.

That being said do agree that there should be evening slots for pass holders. While I don't know the exact statistics I would assume most pass holders attend towards the evening with ticket holders earlier. After all most pass holders are more local and work during the day while ticket holders are there earlier as they only have limited time.