TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^^ Haha..

That happens literally all the time at Banshee. Closed for a storm or a technical delay, move that first train, and they line up.

People will line up at the entrance during lightening. No rain, but lightening. "When is it going to open?" "How long after you hear thunder before it reopens?"

Guests be like: "Is it going to open soon?"

f6eab2b3-4f2b-489d-9e07-5e5507f67a6b.jpg

Jesus Christ the inside of the station looks incredible. Now with lines as well themed as Mystery Mine, and Firechaser, (hell even Wild Eagle takes a dump on any 'themeing' and six flags park has ever done shy of the Dark knight at Gadv) but I didnt think it would look THAT good. Excited to ride. Going up there for the second time this year next weekend for 4 days. Staring at this massive ride in all its glory not once but twice is gonna be agony, but i shall survive haha.

I love what's happening in this thread! At least you're all having fun with this.

One thought did cross my mind though. Is RMC getting a free pass from the enthusiast community? I feel like if this was say an Intamin ride, everyone would be up in arms fuming, going crazy, claiming that Intamin would go out of business and no one would ever work with them again. Full disclosure - I support both companies, just interested in what you all think.

I think being Dollywood has a lot to do with it too. If this were Six Flags and Intamin, people here would be banned left and right.

I have a very hard time believing that they will intentionally not test during normal operating hours, or if they don't that it has anything to do with guest relations. Guests complain about stupid crap no matter what you do, I'm pretty sure they'll do whatever is necessary to get the ride open asap.

They should have called that element a "peel out".

Why's that? Sorry, it may sound stupid, but I don't get the joke (If it is one)

giphy.gif

A thing you can do in a fast car, I guess. Seems appropriate to me.

Excellent choice of gif there. That happens to be what I drive actually, and I can confirm that fun things can be done in said car...

Nice. I had an 08 350z Touring with the 6 speed. They are great cars, but for some reason I just never really fell in love with mine. The VQ motor was a really strong motor, though. I didn't keep mine long. I think I really missed practicality and a car that I could drive every day. Within a year I sold my 350z to buy my 13 WRX. After another year I upgraded to my 15 STI. I am now content.

Sorry... couldn't resist the car conversation. Back on topic...

They should have called that element a "peel out".

Why's that? Sorry, it may sound stupid, but I don't get the joke (If it is one)

giphy.gif

A thing you can do in a fast car, I guess. Seems appropriate to me.

Excellent choice of gif there. That happens to be what I drive actually, and I can confirm that fun things can be done in said car...

Nice. I had an 08 350z Touring with the 6 speed. They are great cars, but for some reason I just never really fell in love with mine. The VQ motor was a really strong motor, though. I didn't keep mine long. I think I really missed practicality and a car that I could drive every day. Within a year I sold my 350z to buy my 13 WRX. After another year I upgraded to my 15 STI. I am now content.

Sorry... couldn't resist the car conversation. Back on topic...

Nice! Mine is an 06, also Touring and 6 speed. Yeah, they’re a lot of fun. She can be a bit difficult to daily, but I don’t have a family yet so I can get away with it. I can imagine it would be hard not to be content with the STI. Awesome cars from what I hear!

Anyway, yeah, back to the endless chatter about Lightning Rod. Hopefully not too long now...

The Z is my "someday car". Every time I see one drive by I'm just like ...damn.

You can pick them up pretty reasonably, anymore. They also hold up pretty well. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Happy hunting.

I would guess that they're not going to schedule testing and commissioning of a prominently delayed attraction based around Dolly's schedule. If it's done before it'll open before, and if it's done later it'll open later. They are almost certainly in ASAP mode now.

You all know what I think!

I've joined the dark side![emoji317]

It'll never open.

Guy, you can't give up on the strippers! How will they support themselves and their children? Think of the Children Guy! For the love of God, think of the Children! lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You all know what I think!

I've joined the dark side![emoji317]

It'll never open.

Guy, you can't give up on the strippers! How will they support themselves and their children? Think of the Children Guy! For the love of God, think of the Children! lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I will never give up on the strippers! I support unwed mothers every chance I get. Besides, they are all needed for the grand opening of Valravn.

But Dolly has got to do something miraculous for me to become a believer again.

Sent from my MacBook Pro using brain impulses that move the muscles in my fingers