TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

^ Me and the family already discussed making a day trip on a weekday sometime after the coaster opens. I'm still guessing towards a mid-may opening. I have finals next week and going on a cruise in a couple of weeks from now. We really don't care if the coaster opens during that time, as long as we can find a day to attend the park afterwards, we're all good. At least our next "planned" trip will likely be sometime in July, usually two to three days.

SFO, thanks for posting the great video.

All, Taking the family to Dollywood in late May (first time). Will we be fighting crowds if we hit the park during the week?

IF we are fighting crowds, any advice on the best route to take when entering the park? We plan on arriving right when it opens.

Trying to figure out if investing in a Timesaver Pass is worth it or if its not needed since we are avoiding the weekend.

Any chance you've got those videos in a format that doesn't hate life?

Yeah, the sideways format was a little annoying, but as mentioned above, any video of some solid testing is good stuff!

And I must say - Holy crap was that thing HAULING!! I can't even begin to fathom what a ride on this awesome coaster will feel like.....okay, maybe I can fathom it.....probably will feel something like this:

I have to say, Lightning Rod is gonna make one hell of a first RMC coaster (hopefully, provided it's open by our trip!) for me!!

From that clip of it coming out of the quad down (that is what we're calling it, right?) it looks phenomenal. Wish we could see how much it hauls through the whole back of the course.

I really, really, really, really, really want to go to Dollywood, why does it have to be in the middle of nowhere?

Edited by boldikus

I really, really, really, really, really want to go to Dollywood, why does it have to be in the middle of nowhere?

Quoted for truth.

The crazy thing is, even though I'm just in the next state over, it's almost exactly the same distance from me as it is from you.

Quoted for truth.

The crazy thing is, even though I'm just in the next state over, it's almost exactly the same distance from me as it is from you.

From a major airport? Not sure how anyone could make a statement that Dollywood is in the middle of nowhere. It is in the smack dab middle of the one the bigger tourist traps and one of the top 2 (most years it is #1) visited national parks in the country.

Edited by ernierocker