TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags [FUN] Corporate Discussion Thread

p. 91: Six Flags and Cedar Fair to enter "merger of equals" agreement, company will still be called "Six Flags"

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't see much discussion. But looks like the passes are back to more reasonable prices right now.  At SFoG, Gold good now through Sep 4 2023, $65.  Platinum Good til Jan 2024 and White Water for $90 (in August it was all parks).  Takes the $250 Diamond to get all parks though.

still not liking the short season for Gold pass.

Meal passes too. $110 for 1 meal, $150 for 2 meals. Not great, but given inflation the last 2 years not horrible.

Looks like similar at other parks.

It was recently brought to my attention the CEO was bragging about trying 100 pizzas, chicken tenders, 200 burgers, and we need to be reminded of where this company is headed 😛

someone sound the alarm if he starts talking about the day of reckoning 🚨🤣

1 hour ago, tndank said:

I would imagine most folks just renew again in August and the short season doesn't really matter.  

Assuming they have the same offer again next year.
With the way they've changed stuff over the last year there a lot of uncertainty with that.

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2022 at 10:24 AM, TEDodd said:

I didn't see much discussion. But looks like the passes are back to more reasonable prices right now.  At SFoG, Gold good now through Sep 4 2023, $65.  Platinum Good til Jan 2024 and White Water for $90 (in August it was all parks).  Takes the $250 Diamond to get all parks though.

still not liking the short season for Gold pass.

Meal passes too. $110 for 1 meal, $150 for 2 meals. Not great, but given inflation the last 2 years not horrible.

Looks like similar at other parks.

if you didn't see it. . Cyber Sale thru weekend with free upgrade to Platinum for that $69 price.

yeah. .with tax and handling fee, it still comes out to ~$80. . but gets you the whole year, and waterparks.  and includes parking.

I'm wondering how long it'll take them to either jack up the price of or totally cancel the grandfathered in memberships. The monthly payments on the new diamond passes are almost $10 per month more than I'm paying for diamond plus meal plan. I'm honestly shocked they've let the old passes live this long and even more shocked that the price hasn't changed since 2019.

2 hours ago, Zand said:

I'm wondering how long it'll take them to either jack up the price of or totally cancel the grandfathered in memberships. The monthly payments on the new diamond passes are almost $10 per month more than I'm paying for diamond plus meal plan. I'm honestly shocked they've let the old passes live this long and even more shocked that the price hasn't changed since 2019.

I am sure that if one of the many pass or membership options that they have tried was successful, our old membership price would be subject to change or discontinuation.  Since they haven't been successful in driving attendance, I don't think they want to lose us too.  They are kind of leaving the existing customers safe for now while they experiment with new customers until they find a balance that works.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 11:53 AM, Zand said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's really, really, really, really hard to pull the plug on tons of guaranteed money every month from people who have given you their consent to bill them monthly until the end of time and then actively hope that they'll renew knowing full well that a large percentage of them will not or that they won't until their next visit and you can lose out on money for months / years. There are probably tons of people and families paying Six Flags $5-$7 per month per person who never go and don't care enough to cancel it thinking that they'll go eventually. SeaWorld still hasn't done it on passes that they haven't sold in like 5+ years. It will cause an absolutely apocalyptic quarter when they're already dropping bombs every 3 months.

As for raising the price, they probably will do this but incrementally so people don't notice and cancel. That said, it's what they should have done all along instead of the current plan which is to have 34 different active pass types and see what sticks (not an exaggeration).

• Like 4

On 11/28/2022 at 11:38 AM, coasterbill said:

There are probably tons of people and families paying Six Flags $5-$7 per month per person who never go and don't care enough to cancel it thinking that they'll go eventually. 

This is basically where I'm at, I've had 3 passes for like $13 total a month for a few years now but I've barely been going. Covid initially and lately just too busy but the price is too good to cancel especially cause I'm gonna start going again soon. Great adventure is our home park and we plan on hitting up holiday in the park at least once and 1 visit alone basically covers the parking and tickets for the year. 

We canceled our Six Flags membership when it became clear than Covid wasn't going to be over soon. We may pick up one of the new annual passes this year, as Great America is our new closest Six Flags, and we really enjoyed that one last time we were in Chicago. $74 may be higher than usual for Six Flags, but it's cheaper than Valleyfair's lowest tier pass, and both parks' middle tier pass is $100. I really don't think this pricing structure is the end of the world.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

just noting for those that didn't see it. .   Today is the last day for this sale at SFFT.

was at the park yesterday for an event and had a chance to ask upper mgmt about this sale, and why SFFT was the only park that offered it.

response I got was that the other parks will be starting their Spring Break Sales "soon" . . . but that SFFT did their sale early, and "was the *only* park that would have the offer to buy Platinum and get upgrade to Diamond free". . . . that the other parks will only offer buy Gold and upgrade to Platinum free.

the person I spoke to did not want to specify why SFFT was able to make this offer, or why other parks are not going to be offering it.

but did state that once this sale is done?   the deal is gone for good.

just noting, for anyone thinking of getting a pass?  today is the day, I'd buy it.   

image.png.61de914aff4ba313b1a867d9bfc8636d.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

All the new things for 2024:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230830171652/en/Six-Flags-Unveils-Thrilling-New-Rides-and-Experiences-Including-Three-Roller-Coasters-Family-Rides-Water-Attractions-and-an-Upscale-Glamping-Experience

Six Flags Over Texas – The world’s first log flume now becomes one of the world’s longest log flumes in 2024. The new El Rio Lento will feature one new lift hill and two big drops including a giant, steep nosedive to add to the fun. It’s a family fun ride for thrill seekers of all ages!

Six Flags Fiesta Texas – An expansion of the DC Universe land will include CYBORG™ Cyber Revolution, creating a visually stunning and air-time-filled ride experience of four individual arms rotating in fast, intermeshing orbits; SHAZAM!™ Tower of Eternity rotating family drop tower; METROPOLIS Transit Authority allowing 16 passengers to relax and enjoy an aerial view 17 feet above DC™ Universe aboard two Art Deco covered monorail-style trains.

Six Flags Great Adventure – To celebrate its 50th anniversary year, the park will introduce the first super boomerang coaster to open in North America. THE FLASH™: Vertical Velocity rushes forward and backward at nearly 60 miles per hour through a 180-degree twisted drop and zero-G roll. In a flash, it changes direction and speeds off again, backward! Guests can also immerse themselves in an authentic African lodging experience at the NEW Savannah Sunset Resort & Spa. Set within the expansive 350-acre Wild Safari Park, guests will enjoy ultra-luxurious “glamping” tents, scenic vistas, spa services and VIP dining, all creating an unforgettable safari getaway.

Six Flags St. Louis – THE JOKER™: Carnival of Chaos, standing at a staggering record height of 17 stories tall, whips back and forth as the giant disk spins guests higher and higher while reaching speeds up to 75 miles per hour.

Six Flags Great America – Sky Striker is a giant pendulum attraction that sends riders on a breathtaking journey to extreme heights. A massive, 17-story pendulum that glides effortlessly back and forth while rotating clockwise, reaching speeds of nearly 75 miles per hour delivers a heart-pounding experience of weightlessness at an astounding 172 feet in the air.

Six Flags Over Georgia – The first-of-its kind “Ultra Surf” coaster is bringing a totally new coaster experience to the park with a track that launches riders forward and backward surfing at 60 miles per hour through a refreshing splash pool. Free-spinning seats ensures no two rides are alike. While the name of this thriller is still TBD, Six Flags Over Georgia fanatics will be invited to take part in the selection of the coaster’s official name! Follow the park’s social media for details.

Six Flags Great Escape – The Bobcat wooden roller coaster roars in at nearly 40 miles per hour with a family-friendly modernized coaster train providing a comfortable ride experience with tight turns, hills and curves thrill seekers crave.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...