TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

The station looks good. I like the big signal lights. Sends a nod to the original RCT games. I still need to see more. Sucks that Atari won't be showing the game at E3.

I think because they have apparently scrapped the old game and started over, there wouldn't be much to show at E3 now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/rollercoaster-tycoon-world-production-blog-11/

Dear Fans,

We’re just getting back from E3, after showing a number of Atari projects. We hope you are as excited as we are for the many great games coming out later this year – including RCTW! The development team is hard at work polishing our newly integrated milestone. This game is big and we have a lot to do over the next few months which is why we have an incredible (and large) team working on it.

All of this work now also allows us to begin showing off full in-game screenshots rather than the game engine shots we had been showing for the last few weeks. For the first time you get to see what the game actually looks like right now un-edited, and how all of the hard work is paying off.

To start, we wanted to share a view down a path in a park a member of our team made. The focus of this first shot is scenery and environment. Before we reveal the rides (and more) we wanted to start with the basics – the ground floor of your park, if you will.

We are gearing up next for our developer reveal and screenshots that we know will get everyone very excited. Rather than me talking about many of the new and improved features, I have asked the team to take a shot that simply shows them all off – including the rides. Until then, we will be a little quieter on the forums and social media as we focus on our upcoming big reveal.

That said, keep posting on our forums as many of your ideas (which you will see very soon) have made it into the game and are shaping it every day! Now’s the perfect time to join our community, as you’ll soon be able to chat with our development and community management teams!

Cheers,

“Mattlab”

Executive Producer

RollerCoaster Tycoon World

I hope that they are able to make this run well consistently without downgrading the visuals. With the impressive polycount on everything in that screenshot, I can imagine some huge slowdowns once your park starts to get semi-big.

What is up with the Cat mascot? When will RCT realize that theming is not necessary and should be optional?

However, it does look like a much nicer looking RCT3. Hopefully the rides end up looking good.

• 2 weeks later...

^Here is the blog post that goes along with that image...

Link

Dear Fans,

As you have seen in my recent blogs and screenshot reveals, the future is bright and the ride to the finish is clear.

One of the reasons for this is the new developer, Nvizzio Creations, whom we chose to work with a few months ago. They have brought fresh new ideas and expanded on the essentials all while embracing the challenge of making such a historic and giant game as RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Everything we have shown you recently has been the work of this incredibly hard-working and talented team. Nvizzio loves this franchise as much as we all do and wants to make a game they too can enjoy for decades to come.

Until this point (and since blog 6) I wanted to just show you their work before revealing their name, so you could judge them on the merits of their work because, frankly, they deserve it.

Additionally, with this talented and large team, we were able to quickly respond to your feedback to make this game better. You saw this with the significant upgrade of the graphics of the game and you will also see in some of the features we will announce (think UGC at launch!). No stone has been left unturned in an effort to make this the next great RCT game in the franchise.

And with that, I want to reveal a fully in-game, unedited screenshot of RollerCoaster Tycoon World, taken only one day ago. This shot contains a sneak peek of a few things you have been asking about (curved paths!). Many of the pieces in the shot were released over the last few weeks. Today you get to see how Nvizzio has brought them together – before even implementing the many layers of additional polish yet to come.

Today’s just an introduction; you will learn more about the team and have a chance to interact with them in upcoming blogs and social media. We are super excited with the progress being made on RollerCoaster Tycoon World and welcome your continued feedback as we get closer to launching the game! See you on the forums!

Cheers,

“Mattlab”

Executive Producer

RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Well, color me impressed.

I'll be happy if it doesn't crash all the time like RCT3 has been doing a lot lately on my computer.

I remember hearing somewhere that they're using Unity instead of some crappy in-house engine, so stability won't be as much of an issue.

How on Earth did a new dev team come along and make such an intense improvement in so little time? This whole situation is so bizarre.

Atari hasn't done anything to earn my trust, but that screen shot looks great!

I wonder if Robb has any input since he knows the industry.

They're probably using all of the same code for in-game physics and how you can place and interact with things, which would mean a bulk of the improvement we've seen has just been the art style they're using. That's not unrealistic for a few months.

Officially excited again. This whole announcement process has been (dare I say it?) an emotional roller coaster.

Literally my ONLY worry at this point is that this turns out like Zoo Tycoon for the XBOX where it lacks customization but so far it looks AMAZING! Can't believe this is the same game we saw in that trailer months ago.

They should add some mods to make it even more realistic.

Six Flags Mod? Includes peeps dropping an obscene amount of trash, employees on cell phones, line jumping, and coaster stacking!

Cedar Fair Mod? Every 5-10ft a trashcan is placed automatically.

Okay I've been off this since that bad trailer and the news that they we're redoing the game, frankly I had no faith anymore that they could make it something nice again. Just hope they also are working on the coasters, but what I can see now looks better then before.

Edit: I still am not buying this if they don't redo the coaster though, it's what the game is all about and still haven't seen a photo of them making angled turns.