TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, this is disappointing. I thought these developers knew what they were doing. That barn swing ride does look awful. Why is it on fire? Ugh... they're making this way too cartoony. I still want to give this game some more time. I want to SEE the things they're talking about. So far all we have are a few screenshots and a few concept art pics. I was really excited about this game, but now it feels more... "meh". Maybe Frontier is making CPT because they know how bad of a direction RCTW is going right now.

So RCT4 is going to be like RCT3 only way worse? I don't get it. What's the potential upside to this game?

As you know I can't stand RCT3. I feel like RCT2 is much better and much more realistic but obviously a game with 4 isometric views would be a tough sell in an age where everyone wants everything to be 3D so I expected them to stick with 3D but make the track transitions less choppy and add a little more realism. That's all they had to do but somehow they managed to take what I consider a crappy game (RCT3) and come up with a game that's so bad that it makes RCT3 look amazing by comparison.

They're removing options and coming up with stupid, unrealistic rides and themes. What's the point? I'm really just confused at this point. How did we "progress" from this...

to this...

10955213_1557428057829621_7780272301701567338_n.jpg?oh=f63c6693a6eaaf4ca25e0577181f09bf&oe=55628D70&__gda__=1432026656_44c292110c1bdba7103a3646127ad631

And it took them like 15 years to do it? I mean... can Atari really look at both Arrow Loopers I just posted and not see that this game sucks?

^

Oh. lol I don't know if I was part of that discussion. I'm hardly ever on this forum.

Over all, I feel sad. This game looks way too cartoony, and they're ignoring our suggestions about realism. I know we can play No Limits, but I would've liked RCT to mature. RCTW seems more cartoony than the previous PC titles.

No update this week it seems. They usually post the blog on a Friday.

I was hoping the "interpretation" of there only being 3 coaster tracks in the game was wrong. But upon looking at all the screens we have. So far they've only show arrow style track and wooden track. I mean I could be wrong but you'd like to think there would be more than 2 types of track in screens from a game where coasters take up such a major part.

Saying that. Back in 1998/99 Chris Sawyer didnt show off 45degree track until right before release of the demo. So maybe they have kept some things up there sleeve.

I still doubt it though.

Also a quick looks at that "Unofficial" screen suggests it is real. (The horror)

Perhaps its just a prototype screen from early on.

Maybe they based them on these trains

Slightly off topic, but what coaster is that? It looks like BMRX / Jetline / other Schwarzkopf with psycho drop but with different colors and trains.

Edited by A.J.

I'm reading this thread, and while I am a bit disapointed that that the game (from what i've seen) isn't exactly a masterpiece; I do believe that maybe we're being a bit unfair. (pages 27-30) We don't even know how it works yet, I personally think that we should wait for the game to be out before we make any rash judgments. Who knows? It might even be pretty good.

You with me on this?

^ and ^^

Not really with you I'm afraid. The coaster tool sounds great. Amazing even. but what use is an amazing tool if you only have 3 coaster track types to use it with. (even with loads of car types)

It may be a good game, perhaps even a very good theme park management game. But it doesn't look like it will be a good Roller Coaster Tycoon game.

^ and ^^

Not really with you I'm afraid. The coaster tool sounds great. Amazing even. but what use is an amazing tool if you only have 3 coaster track types to use it with. (even with loads of car types)

It may be a good game, perhaps even a very good theme park management game. But it doesn't look like it will be a good Roller Coaster Tycoon game.

I respect your opinion.

I think they didn't literally mean that there are only three tracks, as we have already seen two different types of steel,the intamin, which the developers say isn't just concept art, and the arrow. Also, why is everyone hating on the screaming swing? I dont get whats wrong with it. So long as I can finally make zero g rolls and innelmans on my inverted coaster, I really dont care how cartoony it is.

Also, why is everyone hating on the screaming swing? I dont get whats wrong with it.

That Barn Swing, as it stands, effectively forces you to use a theme that you may not want to use. If that ends up being the only swing ride in the game, it would be impossible to have a swing in your park without having a burning barn theme.

For example, I would have loved to incorporate some gyroscopes into my RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 park but the only "Space Rings" ride was themed to Sci-fi - that same ride was generic in RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and 2 so you could build your own theme around it. This was the case for several attractions in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, such as a HUSS Condor-style attraction only being usable in the Adventure theme.

Being locked into a theme really limits your creativity sometimes.

^ I think this would be a good approach. Would also allow for selecting an area of the park and hitting one option to theme all rides, restaurants etc in it to one theme.

Im settling on the idea that this is shaping up to be more of a fun-toon game, and not at all like a simulation. As long as its really good at being that, it will be fun. RCT3 was never exactly serious, nor was it meant to be, no matter how much the fans of the earlier games wanted it to be. Its not being built for the enthusiast, dont expect enthusiast-friendly things. There are other products for that. Atari just need something that will sell well.