TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to have an option for either a flat empty land sandbox mode or either a randomally generated already terain sandbox mode.

I would love this too. I always do this when playing No Limits, I would love it even more in RCT. In past games I've played scenarios in sandbox by using the money cheat in order to get some varied terrain.

• 2 weeks later...
More concepts... A Toon Town-looking building, and some coaster car designs...

10482762_1521836364722124_1995077091236650448_n.jpg?oh=2c818205e3ca4642dc4721d135fb986e&oe=54EC59AC&__gda__=1424862099_9cda2ec021845450c45e460dbd89d318

This looks like a design for a sit down restaurant, there is an outdoor seating area with chairs, tables, and umbrellas so I would think it would be perfect for a sit down restaurant. I actually like the design of the building, its not a generic looking building and it has some unique features added to it.

It sounds like they started working on this game earlier this year. I wouldn't want it to be rushed either. If it turns out to be a polished version of RCT3, I don't know if I'll get it when it first comes out. Plus the expansion packs are inevitable. I might have to wait for a Platinum version like I did for RCT3.

• 4 weeks later...

Its cool to see that the site supports all versions of RCT and allows you to buy them!

From the website:

RollerCoaster Tycoon World fans, we are excited to share two exciting progress updates focused on new community channels and game development.

First, today we are launching the official RollerCoaster Tycoon World website (www.RollerCoasterTycoon.com) with built-in forums for you – our dedicated fans – to talk with the Atari team and developers to help us shape the game. The new forums strengthen the Atari RCTW community so gamers can play an active role, hear updates, and have an open forum for engagement.

Second, we are thrilled to announce we are partnering with Area 52 Games studio, a AAA production house on the next phase of development for RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Specializing in online PC gaming experiences, the Area 52 Games studio has brought together a team of veterans who have worked on major IPs across simulation and strategy genres, including Tropico, the Sims series, the Railroad Tycoon series, the original Pirates, Age of Empires, Forza and other well-known games. ​ Many thanks to Pipeworks for all their efforts in getting us to this point in the development of the game.

We are so excited to continue working on RCTW, and are 100 percent focused on creating the next great RCT game! Stay connected to the RollerCoaster Tycoon website, Facebook and Twitter page as we’ll soon be releasing new assets including screens, art, dev blogs, videos and much more!

To comment on and discuss this post please visit our new Forums by Clicking Here!

-RCTW Team

I guess this is actually a flat ride according to the forums over there. (That or they were drunk. ) If so, I actually wouldn't mind that look. Graphics overall don't look much (if any) better then RCT3. However that I guess is not the final version...

http://forum.rollercoastertycoon.com/showthread.php?384-Introduction-to-the-Community-Manager-at-Area-52-Games&p=1791&viewfull=1#post1791