TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rollercoaster Tycoon World (RCTW) Discussion Thread

I wouldn't be surprised if there are expansion packs. If there are, I might wait for "platinum" version of the game like I did for RCT3.

It would be a shame to wait for the expansion packs to come out if they end up like Wacky Worlds and Time Twisters though. Those were pure crap and the custom scenery the users made was much better than anything in either of those. Not every RCT game had good expansion packs.

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That's true. RCT3 had some pretty good stuff in their expansion packs, but the custom scenery fans made stood out the most.

Btw, Pipeworks read my list of suggestions on facebook and gave it a "Like". I hope they take a majority of what I suggested into consideration.

I agree. I'm not a fan of the ticket booths. But keep in mind that in the post they said "early concepts". This could mean they threw out the idea of ticket booths altogether.

Everyone has put in their orders in regards to what they'd want for this to be the RCT game of our dreams. Pipeworks is reading what fans are suggesting and passing some of the suggestions on to the rest of the team. We'll just have to wait and see. However on facebook, they do keep saying more will be revealed "soon". That "soon" has been going on since September 17th. But I'd rather wait a while so that they can get things situated before they show off more of the game.

I'm sure they're aware of some of the negative reactions and criticisms of the screen shots they released. Honestly, I thought what they showed was interesting, but I am hoping for a more realistic-looking game. I hope they cut the cartoony stuff out... like the knife chopping sound for the sushi restaurant thing...I know some people think it's harmless, but I find it too cartoony. That'd be like if the chicken restaurant stalls in RCT3 made a clucking noise every so often... pointless, annoying and cartoony. In RCT3 the only things to have extra sound effects are the shows and attractions, and that is only when they're in operation.

Something else I'm worried about is all this "established mascot" stuff. They're just ripping off Disneyland. I wouldn't want themed rides for the mascots they're making up... I mean... What if there's a cool ride, but the only version of it is a Robin Raccoon themed one? Then you'd be forced to use that whenever you want that ride... I'd just like a bunch of regular rides you can find in real life, and decorate them how I please. Also I think the themes thing should be removed as well, since it could create the same problem of limited ride choices... RCT3 had this problem. Sometimes less is more.

Wouldn't they see the great lengths people go to to make ride huts invisible in RCT2 and realize some people really hate them? People routinely get a trainer, build a dummy coaster and a scenery track under each, re-color the land, raise the land, put an invisible scenery piece underground, lower the land, make the dummy ride invisible and then re-color the land and delete the dummy ride while now having to use map object manipulation to raise the land again and zero clearance to build anything on the tile and people go through all of that just so they can avoid those dumb huts. I hope they give you the option not to have them because their fans have made it obvious that they really hate them.

Lol Yeah... He got on my nerves. "Tropical Drinks 1 doesn't match the scenery!" bleh bleh bleh bleh bleeeeeh... When he was just complaining that I didn't have enough drink stalls like 2 minutes ago.

One thing I liked in the scenario mode was when a celebrity would come to visit and you got a list of their expectations of your park. Joe Slugger, Kara Oki, and Clint Bushton... hahaha good times.

So, maybe these are just an option if you choose to use them?

I'm still holding strong to the idea that there may be different construction modes based on desired skill level.

Decided to stop by their facebook page:

Would you guys take into consideration a new terraforming system that allows for more interesting park layouts? In all of the other RCT games it was extremely difficult and time consuming to make something that wasn't a flat plot of land that also looked somewhat decent at the same time.

Hmm... I don't know... I mean, I didn't mind the terraforming system in RCT3, but if they can improve on it, then, sure. But I'd want to be able to change it if I don't like it. I heard in RCT3D you can't form the land at all. I know it's dumb to think they'd make the same mistakes as the last two RCT installments, but I can't be too sure... Like many fans, I have little trust in Atari, and I can only hope they've learned form their mistakes.

Another thing that is worrying me are all the concepts for the stalls and shops. I don't mind some of them, but I have an icky feeling that they will be animated stalls and shops, which I don't want at all.

Edited by Risky

I'm not saying to get rid of terraforming, just to make it more intuitive, less glitchy and able to produce more "spectacular" results. ;P

Also:

Oh, another thing:

It'd be nice to be able to create a plot of randomly generated trees from the player's selection. Or for creating a new scenario from scratch to be able to have randomly generated terrain.