TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What should be the next Six Flags clone?

^ I agree! That Floorless layout would be perfect for SFStL and SFA!

I definitely see X-Flight being cloned at other parks. It can sit on flat ground, and can go to basically every Six Flags park because SFGAm is the only one with a Wing coaster (although I hope it doesn't go to SFMM. It will "be the same as X2 and Green Lantern!").

I don't think a Wing Coaster is a good fit for SFMM either. I think SFMM needs a B&M Hyper or Giga with lots of airtime. Something like that is what the Park is lacking.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFMM has Goliath, a hyper already. Also, do you really think SFMM would invest in something that has no inversions and have it be expensive, too?

I know they have Goliath, but I'm talking about an airtime Hyper, not a twister Hyper. And I know, SFMM will probably never install one, I'm just saying what the Park needs.

^ It's a love or hate ride as being mentioned more than 100 times. Insane at Grona Lund deserves the name while SFMM might not be the proper place for any coaster. Green Lantern, unfortunately, became one of the SFMM coasters. GL has amazing force that can easily eat Batman. It's my favorite coaster at SFMM along with Viper.(Yep, I think GL is better than X2 and Apocalypse ) Guss I'm kind of biased though.

I think the most possible clone would be DDD or a compact RMC around the size of Coney Island Cyclone.

^ I agree! That Floorless layout would be perfect for SFStL and SFA!

I definitely see X-Flight being cloned at other parks. It can sit on flat ground, and can go to basically every Six Flags park because SFGAm is the only one with a Wing coaster (although I hope it doesn't go to SFMM. It will "be the same as X2 and Green Lantern!").

I don't think a Wing Coaster is a good fit for SFMM either. I think SFMM needs a B&M Hyper or Giga with lots of airtime. Something like that is what the Park is lacking.

This is another park where I think an Intamin woodie would be a perfect fit. Especially since they have lots of airtime

I'm not sure I'm stretching the theme of this thread here, but there should be clones of SFNE's Batman - the Dark Knight, but under a different name and theme since most Six Flags-owned parks have Batman-themed rides. I think the layout is ideal for all parks lacking a floorless coaster, plus many Six Flags parks need a coaster like it!

I actually kind of like this idea. The ride is really compact and is actually pretty intense for a floorless coaster. It's the kind of ride I could see being cloned just because of the compact layout.

^ It's a love or hate ride as being mentioned more than 100 times. Insane at Grona Lund deserves the name while SFMM might not be the proper place for any coaster. Green Lantern, unfortunately, became one of the SFMM coasters. GL has amazing force that can easily eat Batman. It's my favorite coaster at SFMM along with Viper.(Yep, I think GL is better than X2 and Apocalypse ) Guss I'm kind of biased though.

I think the most possible clone would be DDD or a compact RMC around the size of Coney Island Cyclone.

Regarding the zac-spins. I am not sure that any major park in the US is a good place, unfortunately. If we could run them like I've heard they run Insane - it would be great. Unfortunately, in the US - someone would bruise their knee or throw up and sue the crap out of the park - so they cannot run them to their full potential.

This is just an opinion of mine, and might not be worth anything - but after talking to fellow TPR members who travel overseas - the "never in the US" phrase comes to mind.

• 9 months later...

I could see X-Flight's layout becoming a common clone at more Six Flags parks because of it's compact layout and good GP appeal. Plus, X-Flight is a lot of fun.

Even though they technically aren't coasters, Super Loops are obviously now becoming a thing for Six Flags, and I wouldn't be surprised if we see one in all Six Flags parks eventually.

• 5 months later...

Maybe if they were to do a compact RMC model, and then offer it up to all the parks in the chain, that would be pretty cool. Though guess you could argue that they would be better off doing a remodel on their own woodies, the ones that don't have them could go with a clone.

I'm really surprised they didn't hop on the Eurofigthers.. They're realitvily cheap, they look good, they fit into a really small footprint, and they're tons of fun. And they're not great on capacity, but a lot better than you would think.

After NTaG, I bet Six Flags is pretty much done with Gerstlauer. Plus all I've heard is how DDD is a capacity nightmare, even though it's not like SFOG is remotely close to pushing the dispatching limit.

Question: "What ride should become Six Flags's next clone?"

El Toro. Clone it at every park. Including Great Adventure. Just build another one. They had two Rolling Thunders, why not two El Toros?

Thread done!

Robb ended this conversation on day 1...lol

El Toro would be the best option.

Question: "What ride should become Six Flags's next clone?"

El Toro. Clone it at every park. Including Great Adventure. Just build another one. They had two Rolling Thunders, why not two El Toros?

Thread done!

lol