TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roughest coaster

I would have to say The Dragon at Adventureland in Iowa.

never have I seen stars (best way I can describe it) inside/after a loop, and that 2nd loop did it to me.. Though surprisingly I took photos of a lot of stuff but do not have photos of its 2 loops or lift!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The roughest rollercoaster I have ever ridden would have to be Thunderbolt at Dreamworld on The Gold Coast , Australia it absolutely bashed my head from one side to the other I had a stuffed neck etc for weeks after riding it. I can't say I was disappointed when it was demolished. Probably caused people serious injuries it was so bad.

Flashback at Magic Mountain in CA was quite rough from what I can remember of my trip there.

The rollercoaster at New York New York, Las Vegas. I think it actually looks pretty good but looks are definitely deceptive! I couldn't believe how much it hurt, the restraints kept jabbing me on the side of my neck. Rode it after I had just got married aswell, what a way to start married life! The wife nearly filed for a very speedy divorce as I forced her to ride!!

Well, I finally went and rode SOB at KI this past weekend for the first time. While I would not say it is rougher than the Hurler or WildBeast, I got off feeling as if some of my insides had been rearranged. A very strange and unpleasant feeling in my body while going through the two big helices. Luckily for us, it was a walk-on at night.

So, to update the list...I would rank the Top 3 roughest coasters:

3. Son Of Beast (KI)

2. Hurler (KD)

1. WildBeast (CW)

Sorry, but I still don't see Mean Streak as being anywhere near as rough as a lot of coasters out there, especially the three listed above.

^Ride Minebuster in the middle of the train in a "wheel seat" and get back to me.

You know, I may actually have. However, it was my 13th credit at CW, after, what FOURTEEN HOURS at the park! After all of their.......ahem.....shaky coasters, I really don't know if I cared at that point!

But honestly, I don't know why wooden coasters don't bother me more than rough steel coasters. I can't stand most Arrows or Vekomas with shoulder-crushing OTSRs, but I actually like Hurler, SFNE's Cyclone, and Astroland's Cyclone, and didn't mind Predator, Mind Buster, and Wild Beast...oh well, at least I do hate SFA's Roar.

This is easy. Wild Beast @ Canadas Wonderland.

This is the only coaster where I actually thought I could get brain damage from riding. Not even the lifthill on that ride is smooth!

can't stand most Arrows or Vekomas with shoulder-crushing OTSRs, but I actually like Hurler, SFNE's Cyclone, and Astroland's Cyclone, and didn't mind Predator, Mind Buster, and Wild Beast...oh well, at least I do hate SFA's Roar.

I certainly would not rule out some of the older Arrow's and Vekoma's as being pain machines either. I got seriously banged on Vortex at KI, despite someone telling me in the line of Beast to "ride in the front, it's not bad." I liked the first drop, but after the first two loops, look out!

As far as Mind Buster, I refused to ride it after Wild Beast - my body could not have handled any more abuse at that point. From there on out, it was flats or Behemoth for the rest of the day at CW!

I was also at three parks this year that had SLC's and did not ride any of them. I have no shame in skipping the coasters that I know definitely fail!

• 7 months later...

Looping Thunder (Pinfari Looping Star) at Oaks Park has a rep for roughness, and it deserves it. It especially hit me on this one spot on my lower back. It hurt for days (mildly) after I rode it 5 times.

Timber Terror gave me a headache every time I rode it! I believe all the other coasters at Silverwood also contributed throughout the day, but it was hard to keep track. There's one part of Timber Terror where I could practically feel my brain bouncing back and forth inside my skull...not so fun.

^Really? I honestly did not find the original X that rough at all. Bouncy yes...VERY bouncy, but not really rough.

I rode on an outside seat with no rider next to me. It bounced a LOT. It was rough though. My head was bashed multiple times against the headrest. I had an awful headache when I got off.

BTW, my title says "X is the best". That's because I asked for a title about Tatsu being good and X not. So the Title Fairy gave me "X is the best. Tatsu sucks."

Without a doubt the Ninja at SFOG is the roughest coaster I have ever been on. Sometimes you can brace yourself and prepare for certain sections you know are going to hurt but this piece of crap just hits so hard you dont stand a chance.

Boomerang at KBF, Ghostrider at KBF, Desperado at Buffalo Bills, X2 in an outsidse seat (inside is actually smooth) at SFMM, Viper at SFMM, Hurricane at SCBB, Kong at SFDK, and Jet Star 2 at Lagoon.

Even though I love most of those rides, they love banging your head back and fourth (except the ones without OTSR's, they just like to throw you around).

I got back from Wild Waves Theme Park a few days ago, and I finally got my credit for the Wild Thing (this was my third visit there).

It's an Arrow Loop and Corkscrew, and I knew it was going to be a rough ride, so I braced myself while riding. It still hurt like hell though, with the jerky transistions and constant headbanging. The only smooth part of the ride was the loop.

The Wild Thing at Wild Waves wins my award for roughest coaster I've ridden.

I've never found The Wild Thing to be that rough...a little headbanging through the corkscrews but not that bad. Maybe it depends on how tall you are. I haven't been on any really rough rides, I feel like there was one, but I'm spacing out...

Manhattan Express or whatever they're calling it nowadays.Kong at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and even though I had always enjoyed my rides on Gwazi and felt it was just rough enough that I liked it and didn't cause me pain,my last ride on it was the roughest yet and actually hurt.

I never realized Gwazi was considered to be so rough. It's the only wooden roller coaster I've been on, but I really, really like it.

The roughest experience I've ever had on a roller coaster was the Dahlonega Mine Train at SF Over Georgia.