TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

p. 74 - Nest, a new inclusive playground!

^They look like fun. Both of them! Is the soundtrack what you hear on the train?

It's nice and bouncy, almost stuck in my head, heh.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Efteling has announced Nest, a new inclusive / accessible playground opening next year. The playground will be themed to Efteling's roller coasters and attractions, for younger children and those with

A couple of days ago, the Efteling presented a live broadcast of the new Aquanura show. Personally this was exactly what I needed in this challenging year. Enjoy:   This is a tempo

@Nrthwnd, The trains are not going anywhere it's the boat ride with the whale that's going.   Last week there was some news about the expansion, the Dutch high court has revealed a partly ju

Posted Images

^They look like fun. Both of them! Is the soundtrack what you hear on the train?

It's nice and bouncy, almost stuck in my head, heh.

Actually, they are fun! In my opinion, Max (the blue one) is the best when riding backrow. You also hear the soundtrack on the train, so not only on the POV.

I wonder why Efteling chose to have the trains depart at opposite ends of the station, rather than race side by side?

Surely the fun factor of increased rider interaction would be more appealing.

They do look charming though!

It's a welcome addition because there aren't any coasters for the under 1.1m's at Efteling. But compared to Eftelings normal efforts this kind of seems a bit rushed and the lack of theming doesn't help. You couldn't see Europa Park or Phantasialand installing this with-out loads of theming, seems a bit of a missed opportunity.

From a park that used to prioritize theming over everything I don't really get this... A weed infested walking trail?

As much as I love Efteling I am wondering that too. There is really not much themeing besides some props in the queue area (which looks tiresome being a cattlepen) and gorgeous station design. The ride is "cute" but I feel like we would bitching so much about this ride if it was at another park but since it's located at Efteling it gets a pass.

Max & Moritz sure looks "fun" but it's nothing else than two glorified powered coasters on a field full of weeds. Bob felt special and unique whereas this doesn't. Hopefully, at least running both sides, capacity will be through the roof!

I wonder why Efteling chose to have the trains depart at opposite ends of the station, rather than race side by side?

I am thinking the same thing. At least according to both POVs, there doesn't seem to be much train interaction when the trains depart at opposite ends of the station. They seem to cross/interact only 1 or 2 times. But this can of course be different in real life, because I will say that watching POVs of West Coast Racers or Twisted Colossus does not give an accurate representation of interaction with the other train (since the POV cameras are fixed). So riding it is probably different.

It still looks like a wonderful pair of family coasters. It's funny that the relative lack of theming (for Efteling) is drawing criticism for this ride, but if this exact pair of coasters and theming were at a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park in America, it would be above and beyond! Just goes to show the differences between European and American parks. And yeah, the capacity looks phenomenal.

This is all speculation but I guess it has to do with the fact they already have a racing coaster in Joris en de Draak, so they probably wanted to keep twin track design fresh and have them go in opposite directions. But Like I said that is just guess work.

For me it works, the theme is two kids running amok in a village so seeing the trains go in opposite directions creates a chaotic scene, but for the onride experience it did nothing for me, they could easily run these coasters independent from one other if you ask me.

• 3 months later...

Efteling has announced Nest, a new inclusive / accessible playground opening next year. The playground will be themed to Efteling's roller coasters and attractions, for younger children and those with disabilities to feel like they are experiencing them and taking part. The playground will indirectly replace the Polka Marina roundabout ride.

https://www.efteling.com/nl/blog/nieuws/20201013-aankondiging-nieuw-speelbos-nest

• Like 1

^Sad to see that the train will be retired. When we rode it back in 2010, we found out the engineer had family in Canada, in central BC! But the new forest play area for kids looks great! Efteling is a wonderful park and spread out so nicely. Hopefully, we'll get there in a couple of years from now. 🎠

Here's our engineer who has family in BC! (TPR 2010 Europe Tour)

Resize of M-09.jpg

A couple of days ago, the Efteling presented a live broadcast of the new Aquanura show. Personally this was exactly what I needed in this challenging year. Enjoy:

This is a temporary version of the show, inaugurated to celebrate the 25-year career of Dutch artist Guus Meeuwis. 

• Like 1

@Nrthwnd, The trains are not going anywhere it's the boat ride with the whale that's going.

Last week there was some news about the expansion, the Dutch high court has revealed a partly judgment that said that the park isn't allowed to expand yet. About 15 from 141 points aren't good enough but the park now has half a year to fix them, so this still hasn't come to an end.

• Thanks 1