Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Visiting this park for the first time on a Sunday after starting the morning out at KK.  How is this park on Sundays lines and crowds wise?  I would like to get in the water park for the 2 older water coasters single rider lines. at some point during the day, my main focus will certainly be the 4 coasters.  Thanks for any tips!

All the weekdays of my trip are at CP and KI so I will be more leisurely at those.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CoasterAuditor said:

How is this park on Sundays....  

Painful. Like every day.

 

  

2 hours ago, CoasterAuditor said:

lines and crowds wise?

Oh. I thought we were talking about the roller coasters.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, CoasterAuditor said:

Visiting this park for the first time on a Sunday after starting the morning out at KK.  How is this park on Sundays lines and crowds wise?  I would like to get in the water park for the 2 older water coasters single rider lines. at some point during the day, my main focus will certainly be the 4 coasters.  Thanks for any tips!

All the weekdays of my trip are at CP and KI so I will be more leisurely at those.  

It will be busy but your best bet is to get there early and beat the church people. Good news like I said in the KK thread you will gain an  hour and nullify the travel time so easy to get there early and rope drop. They will let you in to the locker area by the water park a little early so you can stash your water park stuff and go get some a couple coasters in but I would get back over and change and be ready to do water park right when it opens. Do Cheetah Chase first and then yes definitely do single rider on the other two. Then as the water park crowd builds go back over to the dry park and finish/repeat what you need to 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know there has been a lot of jabber on here about going to HW for the first time...but I thought I'd ask for some help anyways!

I have a couple questions:

How should I hit this park? Go the back first and do T-bird and Voyage, and then come back to the front for Raven and Legend, or do something else?

I'm on the fence with the water park, on the one hand the three water coasters look great and it does look like a solid water park. On the other hand I know we are going to have to leave early around 5 or so, in order to drive to KI for are next stop (Sorry KK, next time...) and I'd really like to prioritize the dry park. Any ideas?

 

Any other advice would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance everyone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would def start from back to front.  Hit the back two coasters, do some water park activities as soon as they open, then the rest of the park.  If it makes it easier, the water coasters have single riders lines.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^ what he said, at rope drop Raven, Legend, and the kiddie area in the front of the park is where everyone heads first and then work their way back as it gets closer to water park opening time. When the water park opens you'll have you pick of which dry rides to ride.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/8/2022 at 4:09 PM, prozach626 said:

Who would pay $400 for some used bearings?

Enthusiasts like exotic anal beads, ok?  Don't kink shame.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back to my hotel after my first trip to Holiday World.  A full report will follow, but here are some bullet points:

-Legend, Raven, and Voyage are all insanely good rides for different reasons, despite the roughness on the first and last of those.  All have found a place in my Top lists (see signature).  I regretted skipping rerides only 15 minutes down the road, but the extreme heat combined with the not-exactly-smooth wooden coasters had given me a recurring headache.
-Water coasters are absolutely bonkers!  This was my first time going on any of them, and holy shit.  Airtime on a water ride!
-This is going to be probably a me-only problem, but the water park needs more for solo-traveling adults who are mostly introverted.  It's weird getting on a big group-tube with a bunch of randos, sorry not sorry.  There's plenty of kids slides and big-tube slides, but there are only three solo slides and they are all super short.
-SHADE!  After my day at KK yesterday, this day was so much better on my body despite the hills because of the ample shade (excepting the long walk back to Thunderbird).
-Anyone who says KK is an objectively better park than this is out of their mind.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Water coasters are absolutely bonkers! 

 

3 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Anyone who says KK is an objectively better park than this is out of their mind.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

I think it's just the lack of beer that most people here can't stand holiday world, not objectively looking at the park as a whole. And they've never been on the water coasters, because they will change your life.

They had another set of slides for solo riders way out near Thunderbird but they took them out. They were decent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Just got back to my hotel after my first trip to Holiday World.  A full report will follow, but here are some bullet points:

-Legend, Raven, and Voyage are all insanely good rides for different reasons, despite the roughness on the first and last of those.  All have found a place in my Top lists (see signature).  I regretted skipping rerides only 15 minutes down the road, but the extreme heat combined with the not-exactly-smooth wooden coasters had given me a recurring headache.
-Water coasters are absolutely bonkers!  This was my first time going on any of them, and holy shit.  Airtime on a water ride!
-This is going to be probably a me-only problem, but the water park needs more for solo-traveling adults who are mostly introverted.  It's weird getting on a big group-tube with a bunch of randos, sorry not sorry.  There's plenty of kids slides and big-tube slides, but there are only three solo slides and they are all super short.
-SHADE!  After my day at KK yesterday, this day was so much better on my body despite the hills because of the ample shade (excepting the long walk back to Thunderbird).
-Anyone who says KK is an objectively better park than this is out of their mind.

Glad you tried the water coasters! I don't think people often believe me when I say they are something different than what you encounter at most water parks. Not only air time but I actually saw Wildebeest valley once and have to be evacuated, lol, just like a coaster. I get that it can be weird to go solo on a water ride with strangers, we often do it just to use the single rider line and my son finds that sort of thing a little difficult, not me I'll make friends with anyone but I understand the issue. Just remember you are all there for the same reason so if nothing else you have at least that one thing in common.

I realized after our last visit that seat selection on Voyage (and probably the other two) makes a huge difference. After only ever riding in the front and not finding it to be rough, in fact we got a particularly smooth ride last October at night when it was much cooler, I rode in row 2 which is a wheel seat and got jackhammered all the way around. If you ever get a chance to do a night ride on Voyage it is a legit contender to Beast and with the cooler temps slowing it just enough to smooth it out but still letting it haul ass. Or the even more rare trimless night ride. Unfortunately, it is a hard thing to score because they don't often stay open late enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 5:44 PM, Mike240SX said:

This is going to be probably a me-only problem, but the water park needs more for solo-traveling adults who are mostly introverted.

Not the target market or the money maker, bro. Holiday World focuses heavily on families.

Glad you had fun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

Not the target market or the money maker, bro. Holiday World focuses heavily on families.

Glad you had fun.

Yeah, I totally get it.

Thanks, it was a good time

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/