TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Go drop ride.

After riding The Giant Drop, Dreamworld last week (377ft)I am all for bigger drop towers. Being a veteran theme park junkie I have to say I didn't think there was many things out there that would still have me afraid to go on but this certainly did.

May be heading to the park sometime next week, anyone have advice for what to do besides the major rides?

This is what I do when I go. It works for me, and I ride everything that I want several times.

Purchase your tickets online (unless you have a pass) Look to see if they have the Play & Dine Deal. It is the best value at BGT. You will receive two vouchers, one for admission and one for All Day Dining. Redeem you ADD voucher at Zagora Bar, then definitely ride Cheetah Hunt first thing. Try for front row for the best airtime in Florida. Then ride Montu in the front.

After Montu, make you way to the back of the park by cutting through Edge of Africa. Perhaps hit the 2 coasters in Timbuktu on your way to Kumba. From Kumba head straight to SheiKra. (Last time I was there, the queue was full by noon, on a weekday.)

You must make time to see the shows, and a last row ride on Montu later in the day. Montu rides amazing later in the day.

Give Kumba some lovin for me while you are there, please.

Am I the only one who prefers the Intamin 2nd generation drop towers (the ones with several 4 seat cars) over the newer gigantic Gyro drop style towers with the 40 person seat ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings (acrophobia is the exception)?

Nope, those have the best and most intense drop!

Am I the only one who prefers the Intamin 2nd generation drop towers (the ones with several 4 seat cars) over the newer gigantic Gyro drop style towers with the 40 person seat ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings (acrophobia is the exception)?

I think I share that same sentiment... While I really enjoy both, I found Giant Drop at SF Great America far scarier than Drop Zone at Kings Dominion... with the possible exception of Acrophobia SFoG, which frightened me on MANY levels... I am truly sad that Sandstorm is being removed from the park (one of the FEW "spin" rides I love) I am looking forward to BGTs annoncement on 6/11 (in anticipation of a tower)...

Those definitely have the most intense "freefall feeling. Too bad they are not higher capacity.

FALCON'S FURY!!!!

http://falconsfury.com/en/Parks/BuschGardens_Tampa/Home/Attractions/Rides/Falcons-Fury

Introducing Falcon’s Fury, Busch Gardens® Tampa’s newest thrill ride that lets you soar and dive like a magnificent bird of prey.

You’ll climb nearly 300 feet to an incredible view of the terrain beneath you, then pivot 90 degrees in midair to a daring dive position, eyes fixed on the ground far below. An instant later, you'll plunge at 60mph straight down to where you started, with speed, power and adrenaline like you’ve never experienced before.

Take to the skies with Falcon’s Fury – only at Busch Gardens. Rising Spring 2014.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

It has been confirmed to be an Intamin!

Edited by ernierocker

Yeah, I'm not quite sure what Busch Gardens Williamsburg was thinking when they built Mach Tower instead of something like this.