TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 401: Herschend Enterprises named majority partner and park operator

So I'm tentatively planning a stop at this park on my "big park trip" of 2022.  Problem is, I would only have 3 and a half hours (up to closing time) at this park, on Thursday June 30th.  Would that be enough time to hit all of the coasters, and possibly the drop tower?

EDIT:  I see also that it's only $5 more for a 2nd day ticket?  I was planning on visiting Holiday World the following day, but if I don't need a full day there I guess I could swing by in the morning as well.

Coasters only?  Most likely plenty of time with 3.5 hrs and you can probably sit on them for a couple laps.  Middle of the park is a sizable water park but I've never done it, so can't comment on that.

$5 bucks would pretty much guarantee you can wrap up things in the mornings if needed before going to HW.  You pick up an hour between parks.  Doubtful you'd need it, but for $5 it's not a bad move, right?

Holiday World is obviously the superior park. We only spent 3 or so hours at the park on a weekend last year and got on everything we wanted, including the drop tower and coasters. It is definitely doable.

1 hour ago, Taylor Finn said:

Holiday World is obviously the superior park. We only spent 3 or so hours at the park on a weekend last year and got on everything we wanted, including the drop tower and coasters. It is definitely doable.

false. Kentucky Kingdom is better. Both are fun in there own respects. Holiday World I think is the only park I have been to where I preferred the water park to dry park. They have an impressive collection of water coasters. Get a couple laps on Voyage, ride all the others coasters for the credits and then spend the rest at Splashing Safari. 

Kentucky Kingdom on the other hand has 3 coasters that can be marathoned along with a very impressive collection of flats and lots of alcohol! 

On 5/10/2022 at 7:45 AM, Taylor Finn said:

Holiday World is obviously the superior park.

I didn't know the word "obviously" could be so subjective.

8 hours ago, prozach626 said:

I didn't know the word "obviously" could be so subjective.

Hahahah, I personally like Kentucky Kingdom a lot, too. It may have been obvious in years past but KK has definitely added some coasters. Both are fun parks, just Holiday World is more my speed.

On 5/9/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mike240SX said:

So I'm tentatively planning a stop at this park on my "big park trip" of 2022.  Problem is, I would only have 3 and a half hours (up to closing time) at this park, on Thursday June 30th.  Would that be enough time to hit all of the coasters, and possibly the drop tower?

EDIT:  I see also that it's only $5 more for a 2nd day ticket?  I was planning on visiting Holiday World the following day, but if I don't need a full day there I guess I could swing by in the morning as well.

3.5 hours will be plenty of time. I've never waited more than 15 min for anything there. The wp is pretty standard other than when they turn on the super waves in the pool and that is a better spectator sport than a participation event.