TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

The park's agreement with the state for some of their tax incentives requires them to pull a certain percentage from out of state. I think it's 25%. They did this same deal last year as a way to boost that number. It was marketed to Indiana and Tennessee at the time.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2015/05/22/kentucky-kingdom-approved-million-tax-recovery-incentives-kentucky-tourism-development-finance-authority/27784821/

That is an interesting incentive to manage around. $3.75m over 10 years is decent for a park of this size.

It changes the hurdle rate around a bit, but I would still guess that the risk is fairly low with initial demand relatively low from out of state guests, and most visitation will be incremental (IE, they don't go with out this offer).

Curious if they ever release if they hit this number.

Second day free offers provide great perceived value as a guest but the cost to the park is basically zero.

Yeah that's one of those incentives that's basically all mental, like "all you can eat pancakes". The vast majority of people can't eat more than two or three restaurant-style pancakes, and the vast majority of those coming from out of state will only do one day at the park.

Second day free offers provide great perceived value as a guest but the cost to the park is basically zero.

Yeah that's one of those incentives that's basically all mental, like "all you can eat pancakes". The vast majority of people can't eat more than two or three restaurant-style pancakes, and the vast majority of those coming from out of state will only do one day at the park.

The site is advertising one day tickets at $39.95, so even if you do go only one day, it's still $10 less than you would have paid. Really good news for us residents of neighboring states.

That's a great promo for sure but does it seem to anyone else like they are "begging" for people to come with these promotions (maybe not that drastic but it get's the point across best).

As opposed to raising prices to scare out of state consumers away? No offense, but I don't understand your point or cause for concern. I'll be honest, although I planned on sneaking away and driving the four hours to the park sometime this summer the out of state offer definitely made it more appealing.

That sure is one hell of a deal for out of state customers! This looks like a continuing push by Ed to really put this park back as a strong regional destination like he had planned.

And if we do the math for a person with no season pass...

Regular one day ticket $39.95, plus $8 for parking would be $47.95. Per drink is a little over $2 usually.

Discounted $29.95 TWO day ticket, plus parking is $37.95; $45.95 if you do come back the next day (added parking again). All that mixed with the free drinks!

Edited by Midgetman82

Yeah at one point I was seriously considering adding Kentucky Kingdom on to my Kings Island/Cedar Point trip this summer but I decided on Kennywood. When I saw this offer I *almost* tried to see if I could squeeze in a day and a half at the park but unfortunately it's not possible.

The people that go for this ticket won't be back all too often if they're not enthusiasts getting a season pass from out of state, so it's safe to assume this won't be that many people and they'll be paying their way through anyways with parking and food. There's really no way the park loses out too much with this one. I think it's a good idea.