TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance this is coming to Dubai?

Just a thought.

Probably not,otherwise it would say "Dubai" on the customer info,much like the Chimelong paradise coasters did.

If it weren't for us nosey enthusiasts then the plant wouldn't have been requested by domestic customers to conceal the destination of their products.Prior to this setback we never spent time trying to decipher just what model the track was for as we just would wait for the park to announce it.

I cannot seem to find it on screamscape, but maybe someone here knows what Im talking about. Probably 2 or 3 weeks before the IAAPA this year, screamscape reported that B&M would possibly release a new kind of coaster at the event. Unfortunantly the topic was never mentioned again and nother happened at IAAPA to my knowledge. Does anyone remember this article I am talking about? and do you think possibly this could in fact be the new coaster type screamscape was reporting?

Yes, I was just thinking the same thing....

But, what type could that be?

I can't really think of a new style for B&M...

But, the darien Lake standup theory sounds quite plausible too...

:7

I cannot seem to find it on screamscape, but maybe someone here knows what Im talking about. Probably 2 or 3 weeks before the IAAPA this year, screamscape reported that B&M would possibly release a new kind of coaster at the event. Unfortunantly the topic was never mentioned again and nother happened at IAAPA to my knowledge. Does anyone remember this article I am talking about? and do you think possibly this could in fact be the new coaster type screamscape was reporting?

From what I understand the information was shared to a select group of people behind closed doors. B&M has had these kinds of meetings at IAAPA in the past. That is how they showed the Flying coaster concept to Six Flags at IAAPA in 2000. They saw it during the presentation and signed the contract the next day for Superman at SFOG.

From what I understand the information was shared to a select group of people behind closed doors. B&M has had these kinds of meetings at IAAPA in the past. That is how they showed the Flying coaster concept to Six Flags at IAAPA in 2000. They saw it during the presentation and signed the contract the next day for Superman at SFOG.

Fantastic. I am impatient and I just want to learn what it is now!!! If B&M did in fact release this new design, would it be a standup to Darien Lake? According to rcdb its an intamin coming from six flags astroworld, is this a misunderstanding? Or could it in fact we some new design, like a stand up invert haha, or maybe you just get to ride the b&m ball.

That's odd because if B&M had a meeting with SFI on the flyer prototype as early as 2000 then why did they sign a deal with vekoma to purchase the two remaining flying dutchman models left over from the paramount/vekoma exclusivity contract for installation the very next season?

Back on topic: I now think it may be virtually impossible to figure out where this ride is going,it may still be a project for 2010 though that's being produced early to meet a tight construction schedule & what with all of the issues that the plant has had with people being able to figure out where their products are going who knows? in the future they may have to resort to A:storing completed track inside the factory or B: restricting access to the areas surrounding the plant's property to keep us enthusiasts from being able to photgraph the customer labels,let alone the track itself....just my .002 cents.

I think that "X-works" probably doesn't mean "Ex-works", because since when has a park been responsible (or wanted responsibility) of delivering the roller coaster? We have rumors that B&M were planning on unveiling a new roller coaster type at the IAAPA, and Robb's statement makes me believe this is in fact a prototype.

What would really help would be to see more bar codes from recent coasters. If they follow the "MC-108" customer label that Diamondback had, it would make it seem very unlikely it is for a park.

^We have no idea who's responsible for shipping the coaster. All we know is that the pieces are loaded onto flatbeds and driven to their destination. That doesn't tell us if it's the park picking them up or the plant delivering them.

It's probably the latter rather than the former.I'm sure that the plant probably contracts out their drivers to do the actual shipping.

That's odd because if B&M had a meeting with SFI on the flyer prototype as early as 2000 then why did they sign a deal with vekoma to purchase the two remaining flying dutchman models left over from the paramount/vekoma exclusivity contract for installation the very next season?

I think you answered your own question. Liking the flyer concept+wanting the rides installed in 2001+what was most likely a good deal=two Vekoma flying coasters in 2001 to be followed by B&M's in the following years.

I think I've kept up with this entire thread thus far ... has anyone mentioned the possibility of it being for that new park in Cozumel (Mayan Adventure Land)?

I have no idea how firm the plans for that park really are, and if this is way too early for them to be ordering track, but maybe?

I think the whole 'X-WORKS' thing is pretty obvious...

This ride must be going to SFMM! I mean seriously, Shapiro was so excited that X(2) now actually WORKS, that he called up B&M and ordered a brand-spankin' new coaster for 2010!

Now was that really worth 45 pages of speculation?

^ Yup! Like someone said this thread just keeps repeating itself. Even all the bad jokes keep coming back!

I think I've kept up with this entire thread thus far ... has anyone mentioned the possibility of it being for that new park in Cozumel (Mayan Adventure Land)?

I have no idea how firm the plans for that park really are, and if this is way too early for them to be ordering track, but maybe?

Yeah, I think it was ruled out because that park announced the "rides" section wouldn't open until 2012.

I'm still placing bets on this is Carowind's new coaster.

--Robb

Just saw this on screamscape. Carowinds is having a meeting of sorts concerning their new 2010 coaster tomorrow.

New Coaster - In Planning - (1/29/09) If you had any doubts that Carowinds was planning a new roller coaster for 2010, this should set your mind at rest. Click here and scroll down a bit until you see the first entry for 1/30/09 for a “Carowinds 2010 Coaster” project bid to discuss “Bid Invitation & Instructions, Ride Confidentiallity, Contract2009_0129_2010CoasterCaptureor Policies & Insurance-General Term”. While this gives nothing away as to the size and scale of the project, I’m sticking to my guns and predicting that we may see the next evolution of Cedar Fair’s B&M Hypercoaster design, from Behemoth last year to Diamondback opening in a few months, to the Carowinds 2010 project slated to cause the removal of the Log Flume this year to make room.

Might help the speculation.

EDIT: Didn't even notice that the same link was posted in the carowinds new coaster thread till just now.