Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Are they putting it in a building?¬†ūü§ě

the whole ride?

no way..it stands out in the skyline, and the two SF versions of this coaster are both outdoors.

BUT, I do think it's a strong possibility, we can see an enclosed portion of the queue - it's also something they can work on without impacting the ride (since noted, the back 6-8 switchbacks are NEVER full of people, so construction there wouldn't shut down the ride )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Curse you, ambiguity!!!

 

I wouldn't object to the whole ride being in a building, but yeah Paramount was the only one ever to fund a building like that, and I doubt we'll see that again.

 

I meant an indoor queue. Appreciated in the stupid hot Texas summers, but also a really great opportunity to set a creepy mood. It would be cool if they did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CP_RULES said:

Wait, so is Poltergeist open still? I was very much looking forward to getting to ride it next weekend.

as far as I'm aware, the ride is operating.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SharkTums said:

^Maybe spoke too soon! Rumors are it valleyed today!

yup . it's been valleying lately - it did on April 11 too.  (and one other time the other week).

Expect more severe wind restrictions to be put in place on the ride, but I fully expect it to be back up and running relatively quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

a  response I posted earlier to someone complaining about "poor ride maintenance" at the park:

 

 

NOTHING to do with poor maintenance.

SFFT has an excellent maintenance staff.   

This particular coaster tends to valley in high wind - which is exactly what happened here.

now, the question is - did the ride operators not notice the wind-sensors warning them the winds were too high for the coaster to operate?  Or was the sensor faulty and didn't warn?

(and by the way, Iron Ratter *also* tends to valley in high wind, so that's why that ride also shuts down if wind gusts)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

know how I kept saying that Park President Jeffrey Siebert has been teasing "something" coming to Poltergeist and I was saying how I have a feeling that it might be an enclosed "haunt" portion of the queue. . since they never use those back 6-8 switchbacks?

well. .   Mr. Siebert just posted THIS pic on socials.

they certainly made room for . . . something. . by removing the 6-8 switchbacks in this portion of the queue!
 

195195773_10226663258072172_8660261443076495746_n.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bert425 said:

know how I kept saying that Park President Jeffrey Siebert has been teasing "something" coming to Poltergeist and I was saying how I have a feeling that it might be an enclosed "haunt" portion of the queue. . since they never use those back 6-8 switchbacks?

well. .   Mr. Siebert just posted THIS pic on socials.

they certainly made room for . . . something. . by removing the 6-8 switchbacks in this portion of the queue!
 

195195773_10226663258072172_8660261443076495746_n.jpg

What did this area look like before for us unfamiliar folk? Just switchback queue on the bottom right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@CP_RULESjust rows and rows of switchbacks.

in this pic (from the stairs leading up to the station), the switchbacks on the left (other than what's under the shade overhang) are gone.

 

Polty.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, bert425 said:

@CP_RULESjust rows and rows of switchbacks.

in this pic (from the stairs leading up to the station), the switchbacks on the left (other than what's under the shade overhang) are gone.

 

Polty.PNG

Thanks, wow! That is a lot more than I was picturing. If it is anything like most of the overflow queues at SFStL it's a good riddance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/2/2021 at 10:42 PM, CoasterGuy06 said:

I wish other Six Flags GMs gave half the effort that Jeffrey Siebert gives to SFFT.

Me too! He was so funny and personable when my son was drilling him about the name for their Boomerang.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was at the park this afternoon, full report to come. However, was the green paint on Poltergeist noted previously? Looks like they might be going for a repaint soon:

 

D56D0E6D-33BE-402A-8184-9ACC2C30307B.jpeg

1550A2B9-1CF5-4C12-88A5-AD857D54E99B.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

I was at the park this afternoon, full report to come. However, was the green paint on Poltergeist noted previously? Looks like they might be going for a repaint soon:

 

D56D0E6D-33BE-402A-8184-9ACC2C30307B.jpeg

1550A2B9-1CF5-4C12-88A5-AD857D54E99B.jpeg

yup. . Mr. Siebert was teasing the new paint at the end of April (they painted two small sections to compare and get feedback then) - I believe they decided to go with the darker green (of the two "tester" colors on the track.

I heard it was back up and running (as of earlier this week). . glad you got a ride!  (based on the exit ramp pic of the track you posted :) )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

^The darker green looks better, and yes we got a ride in! It was one of my husband’s favorites of the trip. There was a very friendly and only somewhat official looking Six Flags gentleman outside Polty when we were exiting, could this have been the famous Mr. Siebert?! We will be back again tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

^The darker green looks better, and yes we got a ride in! It was one of my husband’s favorites of the trip. There was a very friendly and only somewhat official looking Six Flags gentleman outside Polty when we were exiting, could this have been the famous Mr. Siebert?! We will be back again tomorrow.

yay!

he's very often out and about in the park - I almost always see him and say hello.

he wears a Park President badge. . but here's what he looks like :)

 

IMG_4538.JPG

 

IMG_8122.thumb.JPG.063e799802f3b0aa8fdc13a76ef9d88c.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, bert425 said:

yay!

he's very often out and about in the park - I almost always see him and say hello.

he wears a Park President badge. . but here's what he looks like :)

 

IMG_4538.JPG

 

IMG_8122.thumb.JPG.063e799802f3b0aa8fdc13a76ef9d88c.JPG

That was him! He seemed very interested in the guest experience in the best way. What a guy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/