TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

44 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

Saw a pic of Dare Devil Dive with planes stalled upside down on TTS Facebook page. F that! No idea how long they were upside down. Choose your flat rides accordingly.

haven't seen this yet (haven't been on FB), but each plane is programmed different, and some of them DO have an 8-10 second upside-down stall.

so could it just be a pic of that moment in time, and not a ride issue?

There's video, just shy of 30 seconds, and it's upside down for the entirety of it, while the rest of the ride is not moving, so it's not that.  Hopefully it wasn't much longer than that for the sake of anyone caught on it in the heat now, but it definitely wasn't an ordinary ride cycle.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 10:01 PM, CP_RULES said:

Am I the only one who thinks Zamperla is a big miss? All of their rides feel like cheap versions of what they should be. Here's to hoping for something better... That said, S&S is typically a solid manufacturer and I couldn't care any less for their 4D coasters. To each their own...

BUT it looks like they are actively trying to offer higher-quality coasters. They started advertising their new, higher quality train design a few months ago and they are now going to start producing their own track rather than have a third party manufacturer do it. I know their rides are generally a bit lower quality, but I really think they are trying to make high-quality coasters. I think this model could be good for Six Flags. 

5 hours ago, Bamwa said:

Saw a pic of Dare Devil Dive with planes stalled upside down on TTS Facebook page. F that! No idea how long they were upside down. Choose your flat rides accordingly.

Just curious how you were certain it wasn't a photo that just happened to be taken while the ride was upside down?

1 hour ago, boldikus said:

Just curious how you were certain it wasn't a photo that just happened to be taken while the ride was upside down?

There's video of it.

I don't remember if we're not supposed to link to videos on Facebook, or just certain other sites, so I won't direct link, but it's at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexasThrillSeekers/

• Like 2

I'm not a member of that group (I was, but I left it - along with many others, including SFFT park president).

just sayin. . .

2 hours ago, Garet said:

Imagine being the only car stuck upside down, while all the others managed to stop upright.

I can do one better: back in 2013 when Outlaw Run opened up, out of 24 people, my lapbar was the ONE lapbar that got stuck and I couldn't get out at the end of the ride. Now I was 12 an I could NOT get out of the ride. It took them over an hour to get my lapbar unstuck. 

Poltergeist shuts down on Monday for a 2 months refurb (reopen on Labor Day weekend from what I've heard) and during that time they are going to repaint the ride, and add a theme, that it's never really had.

Mr. Siebert has been teasing that "the new owner" is going to be doing some rennovations (the repainting, and the updated queue), and offering pics of the New Owner about to move in. 

If you don't follow him on social media, you're missing some great teaser stuff (not just on Polty, but on the new ride for 2022 -  there's a big announcement going to be made on Wed, July 28 in regards to the parks 30th anniversary, and what's to come next year).

image.png.e57e1874c7b414636029fb4032b8628c.png

image.png.da491211a8a403392f97d18307001766.png

• Like 1

From what he described at Rodeo, the queue will be pretty awesome. He went through everything they are doing. Hedge maze, doors you enter, car inside, etc. 

Something tells me that if it is in fact the new Double Heart Zamperla model coming to SFFT in 2022, they will opt for the smaller 50M version. I would hope for the larger 70M version, but no ride in San Antonio has ever surpassed 180FT. 

Isn't there a 200FT height limit due to the air force base nearby? 

Edit: Nevermind, Scream is 205FT. 

I am hoping for the S&S Axis prototype. After all, this would be a world's first, which would be perfect for the park's anniversary!

Axis is unique but have you seen the prototype? Sometimes the track flips but the riders dont. Not sure the point of that.  Just seems like S&S being extra, but maybe getting the feeling of regular coaster then inverted coaster then wing coaster would be alright. If a coaster is gonna spin I think facing the car any way you like and locking it there would be awesome. One ride forward. Ride it again facing backwards. Ride again facing sideways. That would be fun.

The axis coaster just seems like a slightly updated version of their other model that didn't fare well.  Think they have one of those trains in front of their offices.  Not sure I completely understand it but I'm assuming they can make the car flip, etc like the first part of the test track.  It just seems kind of like riding a gimble and you'd float around in relatively the same position.  Almost like the horizontal locked videos that show up now days.

Could be fun, though.  Love to try it somewhere, some day. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jeffrey Siebert just posted an updated pic of Poltergeist with it's new paint job almost finished!

LOVING the new colors, and can't wait to see what train wrap they chose to go with.

224728617_10227007675602395_4323702702005935641_n.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Looks amazing!

Come to think of it... that coaster must be a pain in the a$$ to paint! Having to navigate all those crazy supports and track.

Eh, that's nothing some modified rollerblades and a back-mounted paint sprayer can't fix!

• Haha 1

^ such a great coaster. . .

LOL. . and I was just watching some folks lose their minds over a "Bill of Lading" shipment from B&M to SFFT that got leaked.

only to have Jeffrey Siebert pop into the thread and say:  Sorry folks, it's needed replacement parts to have on hand for Superman, NOT the new 2022 ride.

The Office Lol GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great video!

I've officially conquered all the Floorless coasters in the country and Superman still reigns supreme in my opinion. The interaction with the cliff, glossy smooth ride, and unique layout puts it above the rest for me. I believe it is also the tallest and fastest one.

• Like 2

Alright everybody! Last day before the big reveal of the 2022 attraction! Anybody want to make any last guesses on what the ride will be??

My final prediction is a Zamperla Double Heart coaster, just based on everything before and then the teaser from the other day of the blimp in Italy "in search to find its creator." 

3 hours ago, LegendLover said:

Alright everybody! Last day before the big reveal of the 2022 attraction! Anybody want to make any last guesses on what the ride will be??

Extreme Disk-O.  Basically Intamin's Ultra Surf model, but from Zamperla.

• Haha 2