TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

know how I kept saying that Park President Jeffrey Siebert has been teasing "something" coming to Poltergeist and I was saying how I have a feeling that it might be an enclosed "haunt" portion of the queue. . since they never use those back 6-8 switchbacks?

well. .   Mr. Siebert just posted THIS pic on socials.

they certainly made room for . . . something. . by removing the 6-8 switchbacks in this portion of the queue!

195195773_10226663258072172_8660261443076495746_n.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bert425 said:

know how I kept saying that Park President Jeffrey Siebert has been teasing "something" coming to Poltergeist and I was saying how I have a feeling that it might be an enclosed "haunt" portion of the queue. . since they never use those back 6-8 switchbacks?

well. .   Mr. Siebert just posted THIS pic on socials.

they certainly made room for . . . something. . by removing the 6-8 switchbacks in this portion of the queue!

195195773_10226663258072172_8660261443076495746_n.jpg

What did this area look like before for us unfamiliar folk? Just switchback queue on the bottom right?

31 minutes ago, bert425 said:

@CP_RULESjust rows and rows of switchbacks.

in this pic (from the stairs leading up to the station), the switchbacks on the left (other than what's under the shade overhang) are gone.

Polty.PNG

Thanks, wow! That is a lot more than I was picturing. If it is anything like most of the overflow queues at SFStL it's a good riddance. 

On 6/2/2021 at 10:42 PM, CoasterGuy06 said:

I wish other Six Flags GMs gave half the effort that Jeffrey Siebert gives to SFFT.

Me too! He was so funny and personable when my son was drilling him about the name for their Boomerang.

• Haha 1

I was at the park this afternoon, full report to come. However, was the green paint on Poltergeist noted previously? Looks like they might be going for a repaint soon:

D56D0E6D-33BE-402A-8184-9ACC2C30307B.jpeg

1550A2B9-1CF5-4C12-88A5-AD857D54E99B.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

I was at the park this afternoon, full report to come. However, was the green paint on Poltergeist noted previously? Looks like they might be going for a repaint soon:

D56D0E6D-33BE-402A-8184-9ACC2C30307B.jpeg

1550A2B9-1CF5-4C12-88A5-AD857D54E99B.jpeg

yup. . Mr. Siebert was teasing the new paint at the end of April (they painted two small sections to compare and get feedback then) - I believe they decided to go with the darker green (of the two "tester" colors on the track.

I heard it was back up and running (as of earlier this week). . glad you got a ride!  (based on the exit ramp pic of the track you posted :) )

^The darker green looks better, and yes we got a ride in! It was one of my husband’s favorites of the trip. There was a very friendly and only somewhat official looking Six Flags gentleman outside Polty when we were exiting, could this have been the famous Mr. Siebert?! We will be back again tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CP_RULES said:

^The darker green looks better, and yes we got a ride in! It was one of my husband’s favorites of the trip. There was a very friendly and only somewhat official looking Six Flags gentleman outside Polty when we were exiting, could this have been the famous Mr. Siebert?! We will be back again tomorrow.

yay!

he's very often out and about in the park - I almost always see him and say hello.

he wears a Park President badge. . but here's what he looks like :)

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_8122.thumb.JPG.063e799802f3b0aa8fdc13a76ef9d88c.JPG

47 minutes ago, bert425 said:

yay!

he's very often out and about in the park - I almost always see him and say hello.

he wears a Park President badge. . but here's what he looks like :)

IMG_4538.JPG

IMG_8122.thumb.JPG.063e799802f3b0aa8fdc13a76ef9d88c.JPG

That was him! He seemed very interested in the guest experience in the best way. What a guy!

• Like 1

I was at the park on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. Poltergeist was closed Wednesday when the weather was good. Every ride in the park closed almost all day on Thursday due to a huge rain storm which was a bummer, however I did notice Poltergeist testing during the rain storm. Wish I could've gotten a ride on it, but oh well.

Also ran into Mr. Siebert while crossing the railroad tracks in the rain. He's a great guy and was very friendly to us! He apologized for the weather which, of course, is not the park's fault but still nice to hear. I had a wonderful time at the park despite the rain. It is definitely my third favorite Six Flags park behind MM and GAdv.

Iron Rattler was running amazingly on Wednesday. My first rides were in December 2019 and I was a bit underwhelmed, but it was HOT Wednesday and the back row on that ride was absolutely bonkers. It definitely redeemed itself. Also snagged a front row ride in the pelting rain which was painful but tons of fun!

Can't wait to go back someday when the weather is better. Just bad timing!

• Like 1

it appears SFFT is joining the bandwagon with "power hours" added on certain Saturdays to keep riding for 3 hours (9pm to Midnight) for a slight upcharge.  (tho Diamond Elite & Diamond Elite VIP are free, the cost for Season Passholders and other Member tiers is only $5, and only $15 on top of daily ticket if neither a member or passholder)

think it's a great idea

https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/events/coaster-power-hours-june-19?fbclid=IwAR1WZicZbdmsm3ohUMVZr8Xx0wZxJ_K_h5oqcgKpCKLOLEMam1JuV4hdrMM

I’m back in Texas again so I took a drive down to the park today, my first time back post-vaccine. The weather was gross — hot, gloomy, greasy — so I figured that’d minimize crowds. Indeed, the park wasn’t that busy but lines still grew a couple of hours after opening. A number of rides remained closed all day; quite a few more opened late or struggled to stay open. The parking kiosks were handing out employment flyers to everyone who entered, so I couldn’t help but wonder of the lax ops are due to staffing issues?

Anyhow, I rode the usual stuff. I mainly go to Fiesta to ride iRat and Superman. I like a few of the other rides (like Joker), but those two are the main draw for me and I squeezed in a couple of early back-to-back spins before the the lines started to fill. I also wanted to check out the new (to me) flat, even though I had a hunch it wouldn’t be my thing. It looks cool and it’ll be a big hit with the crowds, but it’s quite the puke machine — a one-and-done affair for me. The main rotation isn’t the issue as it moves quite slow, but I found the looping unpleasant and nauseating. Combine that with the fact that it suspends you upside down for awkwardly-long moments. For this rider, it was neither thrilling nor fun, and perhaps a bit more worse than I’d anticipated. The GP will love it, though.

Aside from that, a standard muggy day at the park but with reduced ops. iRat can do no wrong in my eyes, and I could marathon it with ease if given the chance. Superman can get a bit rattly / crunchy, but the two drops off the cliff make it worthwhile. 

13 minutes ago, Arthur_Seaton said:

The weather was gross — hot, gloomy, greasy — so I figured that’d minimize crowds. Indeed, the park wasn’t that busy but lines still grew a couple of hours after opening.

LOL. . yep, typical Texas weather for early June  (which is why it didn't keep that many people away - tho I'm sure the Waterpark kept lines somewhat manageable on the dry side?  and I'll bet that when the lines started to get longer, it was folks leaving the waterpark section and moving over to the "dry" stuff)

as to DDD, it's luck of the draw that you got the "plane" programmed for the extended upside-down stall - they're all programmed slightly differently, so what I did on my two rides was to watch carefully while in the line, and note which car had the more intense "whipping" rather than the extended stall. . then requested to be put in that number when the grouper assigns.  
It worked once, and the 2nd time my request was ignored and they just put me on an open spot (tho still worked out OK).

28 minutes ago, bert425 said:

LOL. . yep, typical Texas weather for early June  (which is why it didn't keep that many people away - tho I'm sure the Waterpark kept lines somewhat manageable on the dry side?  and I'll bet that when the lines started to get longer, it was folks leaving the waterpark section and moving over to the "dry" stuff)

The water park was closed from what I could tell — which was surprising given the heat / grossness.

And thanks for the DDD tips. I had no idea that the planes had programs and just jumped on one at random; I didn't even watch it run first. The one I was in flipped like crazy for a solid minute and then just turned upside for like 10 seconds while the ride slowed down. Not great!

• Like 1

^ I checked the calendar for the waterpark after you noted wasn't open. . .yeah, they are not open on Tues/Wed -  so I'd have to assume staffing.   Typically it's open every day once the "daily" operations start.

I note they only have the June info loaded (not ope Tues/Wed), so I'd have to assume they are still hoping to open daily July-Sept?

image.png.c978f0291189020510cf47c4284bddc0.png

After three long years we finally returned to this park (Our favorite SF park easily!)  The weather helped keep the crowds down both days (Saturday it was raining until after lunchtime and Sunday just plain hot and humid).  I was eager to try out the three attractions added since our last visit:  Pirates, DDD, and Joker.  The Pirates of the Deep Sea was heavily themed, entertaining, and a welcome break from the outside heat.  I found Dare Devil Dive Flying Machines to be surprisingly fun for what it was but not something I would want to ride again and again.  The theming was really cool though.  There was a costumed 'character' greeting riders in the queue - I think he was supposed to be 'the inventor'.  Curiously, this ride did not elevate to the top on every cycle but stayed low to the ground.  I only observed the planes up in the air once.  Lastly, The Joker Carnival of Chaos was as fun as I expected.  I really like these pendulum rides.  I did notice there was a sign near the queue entrance advertising the world record specifications of this ride, still referring to it with the discarded name "Wild Card".

Poltergeist was down but we already had the credits from prior visits.  Still missed riding it though.  I really liked Hustler's new paint job.  

The bonus of the day was the Rock The Night Grand Finale fireworks and laser show.  I remember seeing a similar show three years ago and this one did not disappoint.  The Diamond / DE seating area was nice too.

Ride ops and food service were excellent.  We will be back!

20210605_190651.thumb.jpg.cb5d7bf0ba8c98692691e1bb5ef6bc32.jpg

Great addition to the park!  

20210605_200119.thumb.jpg.ba9751d511a215899088c018d834ef56.jpg

Awesome theming but lacks the re-rideability of many other rides here.

20210605_202717.thumb.jpg.7c182e64809b12ff9c9f14f71a1ddf30.jpg

This view never gets old!

20210606_184705-1.thumb.jpg.df152cf53d601061a6d53ac14fce7ac9.jpg

Signs like this were all over the park.  Possibly a haunt overlay to Poltergeist queue?

20210605_212828.thumb.jpg.9d662441e068ba8a331decf021d3831d.jpg

Another great finale!  We will be back

• Like 2