TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I dropped by the park today to take advantage of some of the pre-summer-rush days. It was dead, and I didn't bother rolling in until 12:30 or so. At that point, lots of stuff was still closed, though, and some of the bigger rides didn't open at all. Superman, Batman, White Water Rapids, Poltergeist, and Skyscreamer were all still closed at 12:30 and both WW and Iron Rattler were single train ops and so they had 60-90-minute lines as the result. From the exit of the WW's temple to boarding the train took about 45 minutes. Poltergeist opened around 1:00, as did Skyscreamer, but the rest stayed closed. I didn't go into the water park, but most of the big slides appeared to be closed as well, so the lazy river was packed. From what I could tell, only one of the slide towers was operating.

Oddly, the Boomerang was open — which I don't usually see running these days. There was nobody in the station, so I took a ride in the front. Oof, big mistake. Even though the collars are low enough to minimize head-banging, it's still a brutal ride that really shakes you up. It broke down again right after my ride was over.

The new dive coaster looks fun and is well positioned. It doesn't have quite the same intimidation factor as the bigger models I've seen (and ridden), but I'm guessing the drop will have more of a freefall sensation akin to Knotts' Hangtime. What surprised me was the angle of the camel hill at the end — which is oddly sharp and pointy. I'm guessing the train will glide over at a fairly slow pace, otherwise it actually looks like it might produce some overly-aggressive ejector air. Looks like there's highly-banked spiral right after followed by another possibly-ejector moment. I like the B&M dive coasters, so I'll definitely be back to ride it when it's open.

IMG_0704.thumb.jpg.b8c518a793f528f8e9129df6f4e924ef.jpg

^ Taken from the Mine Train exit ramp

IMG_0731.thumb.jpg.c2fcb6156e811acb867077b84c0a8fc8.jpg

^ Sharp camel hump

^ saw Jeffrey tweeted today that Supes is down until Thurs for "improvements"

I'm guessing that means the return of the 3rd train, but perhaps some new paint as well?

and they've been promoting that last hill as an extreme airtime element. . so I'm taking a wait and see attitude on it, but they certainly are promising some good air there coming out of that final helix before hitting the station.

17 hours ago, bert425 said:

and they've been promoting that last hill as an extreme airtime element. . so I'm taking a wait and see attitude on it, but they certainly are promising some good air there coming out of that final helix before hitting the station.

That hill is prior to the flat helix.  It's gonna hit that thing coming out of the "wild banked turn" AKA the, you know, turn.

I was thinking the other day how it's already almost mid-June and this coaster still seemingly has a while to go, but given that they are doing everything right with this coaster (the themed queue line, pre-show, the extra detail on the supports, the locker system, a single rider line I believe) I am perfectly okay with this. And SFFT is year-round so it doesn't matter too much anyway.

Good for them! I absolutely loved both my visits to this park in 2019 and 2021 and can't wait to come again.

they haven't. . but the trains have been on the tracks, and I'd expect water dummies to show up really soon (if not by this weekend).

there's still a bunch of theming and work on the queue ongoing (and supposed to be really hot every day this week, so that might slow them down). . but I will not be surprised if this ends up opening July 4th weekend.

but no, they haven't announced an official opening date, tho they had intended to have it open by this coming weekend for Roller Coaster Rodeo. 
I completely understand why they won't give a firm date at the moment, as they need the certification done, and all the testing done. .  but it's coming soon!

11 hours ago, bert425 said:

from Mr. Siebert (via Twitter).

all I can say, is hell yes!

image.png.a6bc2962e7518eb4444f69ad8f3873f3.png

If that system works anywhere near as well as the ones at Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers, be prepared for a bunch of headaches and also Flash Pass merges before the locker system.  They annoy me so much that I'll often use the regular, paid lockers instead.

On 5/14/2022 at 9:06 PM, Mike240SX said:

Have fun with your "amazing" Cedar Point experience, featuring:
-30-minute-wait-after-merge with Fast Lane on two of their top 3 coasters
-Their top four coasters being maintenance nightmares, and rarely running for an entire day straight.
-Most of the flats not being on Fast Lane.
-The only superb food being at Melt and Famous Dave's, which aren't even CP restaurants.
-No sense of urgency by most ride ops.
-Separate admission water park, without any Fast Lane-accepting rides (the swim up bar is nice, I'll give it that).
-Complete lack of a log flume.

Like I said, I do not question that CP has the better coaster lineup when compared to KI, and I still consider CP to be my number 2 favorite park.  My opinion was, and is, that Kings Island is the better overall park experience.

It's interesting to me that you balk at coaster enthusiasts for judging a park based on its coaster collection whereas you seem to judge a park based almost entirely on its Fast Lane experience.

Just dropping in... and curious to what the red smears around the new coaster support joints is.  It... looks like they were sly by decorating for Fright Fest early.  But man, that looks real.  On top of already questionable paint scheme. 

• Like 1

^ the paint color scheme is actually a PERFECT fit for the area of the park (CrackAxle) and the surrounding quarry.

Keep in mind, it's not supposed to have bright yellow supports.

the track and track support looks beautiful there against the browns and tans of the quarry rocks and wood in that section of the park.

I'll agree with you that the attempt at patina just isn't working - and I have to hope they realize that, and will be doing a different attempt at painting over the coming months that will really tone down that yellow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JT325 said:

^Thanks for the explanation!  That is trying to look patina?  Maybe they should see where other parks get their patina shade haha.  Couldn't be difficult.

yeah. . I believe this is closer to the coloring on the supports they were actually going for:

0045.jpg?format=2500w

I mean here's the concept art from the park itself:

image.thumb.png.7dc6b87418af9a7541c44d8651ded9ba.png

but yeah. . it doesn't look great as is... so I'm thinking they realized it's not working, so stopped messing with it for the moment until it gets figured out :)

Heading to the park for my second time ever, and my son's first time ever, in about an hour! Can't wait to check out Iron Rattler, and WWGLC for the first time, and enjoy one of my favorite Floorless coasters again, and also arguably my favorite Six Flags park, in addition to this fun sounding RCR event! I'm bummed Dr. Diabolical isn't open, and have a whole train of thought (is it a coaster train of thought?) about that situation, but I know it wasn't the park's fault, and Jeffrey Siebert certainly is always trying his best to provide the best experience possible for enthusiasts, so it's not a deal breaker for us. Now, 104 degree temps for us Michiganders, on the other hand, may be our biggest obstacle! 😆 Seriously though, I'm looking forward to today and tomorrow, and if anybody from here is there as well, maybe I'll see you, and we'll be able to say hi! I'll be the guy with the bright red sunburned face from our day at Sea World yesterday! 🥵 lol

1 hour ago, DILinator said:

Heading to the park for my second time ever, and my son's first time ever, in about an hour! Can't wait to check out Iron Rattler, and WWGLC for the first time, and enjoy one of my favorite Floorless coasters again, and also arguably my favorite Six Flags park, in addition to this fun sounding RCR event! I'm bummed Dr. Diabolical isn't open, and have a whole train of thought (is it a coaster train of thought?) about that situation, but I know it wasn't the park's fault, and Jeffrey Siebert certainly is always trying his best to provide the best experience possible for enthusiasts, so it's not a deal breaker for us. Now, 104 degree temps for us Michiganders, on the other hand, may be our biggest obstacle! 😆 Seriously though, I'm looking forward to today and tomorrow, and if anybody from here is there as well, maybe I'll see you, and we'll be able to say hi! I'll be the guy with the bright red sunburned face from our day at Sea World yesterday! 🥵 lol

It helps to wear a wet hand towel over your shoulders. Just rewet it through the day. Thats how I survive the Texas heat at parks and at work. Keeps me cool as a cuke. Also wetting the hair throughout the day helps. 

baseball cap..that you stop and wet under the water fountain occasionally helps a lot too!

oh, and don't forget to hydrate.   Free cups of water at any service place, you just have to ask for them.

I am hearing the Boomerang at this park is getting the new vest restraints. If that is true I will say the gm of this park needs to become ceo of Six because this park is doing the right things 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, grsupercity said:

I am hearing the Boomerang at this park is getting the new vest restraints. If that is true I will say the gm of this park needs to become ceo of Six because this park is doing the right things 

yup. .they announced it yesterday during day 1 of Roller Coaster Rodeo.

from the presentation, and shared to me by a friend there:

image.png.9dacb872e5ce28543eafe284bc9e3ed0.png

more announcements are supposed to happen this afternoon and tomorrow.

wasn't gonna post any update, until Jeffrey had officially tweeted - which he's now done.

attendees at Roller Coaster Rodeo yesterday, got a sneak peek at the theming, and ANIMATRONICS inside Dr. Diabolical's Lab, that's in the inside showbuilding portion of the queue line for Cliffhanger:

image.png.b30040d79954f9b48e7718bc18e433a0.png

FVDyJvUXsAACSYY.thumb.jpg.3ce8abd4e8c85309858c100b67217157.jpg

FVDyJvTXEAAxAVO.thumb.jpg.fdb9c121d1bcc25ab8ee40698f012af2.jpg

FVDyJvTXEAETUHo.thumb.jpg.5f55448ac73d5d05f4cdc81098789ad4.jpg

FVDyJvSWIAEgJeq.thumb.jpg.0bec7dbb15a85c2106dba3ed0fa814a4.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just curious of any updates on Wonder Woman.  Heading down to Texas Wednesday through Sunday.  Looks like I'll miss the Dr. and Wonder Woman.  Poor timing on my part.  We'll be flying into Houston, hit up Hurricane Harbor there and the two parks nearby and then head over to Austin, Schlitterbahn and San Antonio area before heading back to Houston on Sunday. Don't think I'll make the drive to Dallas this trip. Maybe pick up the Seaworld credit. Been to Six Flags a couple times already.