TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

42 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

They should order a few for Steel Vengeance while they are at it. 

SV operates consistently with the three trains it was designed with, what would be the point of that?

On 9/18/2021 at 2:10 PM, Mike240SX said:

SV operates consistently with the three trains it was designed with, what would be the point of that?

everyone says the gerschlauer trains are the most comfortable trains. also steve is owned by cedar fair so it would be a slight six flags burn also. a light ribbiing if you will

6 hours ago, Bamwa said:

everyone says the gerschlauer trains are the most comfortable trains. also steve is owned by cedar fair so it would be a slight six flags burn also. a light ribbiing if you will

I'm sure they want to spend a million dollars on new trains for their 3 year old roller coaster to give six flags a slight burn, after they just had a year of major financial losses.

6 hours ago, Bamwa said:

Everyone says the Gerstlauer trains are the most comfortable trains. Also Steel Vengeance is owned by Cedar Fair so it would be a slight Six Flags burn also. A light ribbiing if you will.

There, I fixed your post for you.

Meh, I've had no issue with the RMC trains. 

And seriously, how old are you that you think a major corporation would make any kind of business decision to "burn" or "give the other guy a light ribbing," regardless of their current financial situation?  Wow.

^ as someone who also tends to type only in lowercase (unless a proper name is being used) - that's kinda a childish attack here, Mike.
(and I have an English minor, so it's just an aesthetic choice)

otherwise, your point is dead on about why CF won't give a crap about what SF does.
(and again, IR is so short, no way will it *ever* operate with 3 trains.  

clearly the 3rd train is so there will always be 2 train operations while one is having refurb (lemme tell you, one train ops on IR for two summers in a row SUCKED).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bert425 said:

^ as someone who also tends to type only in lowercase (unless a proper name is being used) - that's kinda a childish attack here, Mike.
(and I have an English minor, so it's just an aesthetic choice)

Yeah, but you tend to use proper punctuation and actually spell things correctly.  It was kinda just the combination of it all (and using that stupid name for SV) that I felt I needed to call him out on it. :)

• Like 1

On 9/21/2021 at 4:29 AM, Bamwa said:

Forget about the spelling and punctuation, exactly how would Cedar Fair buying Gerstlauer trains for Steel Vengeance even be a burn to Six Flags? If, as you claim, Six Flags has the most comfortable RMC trains, how would CF then buying a set be a burn to SF? A light ribbing? What?

On 9/21/2021 at 9:42 AM, jonskinny12 said:

I'm sure they want to spend a million dollars on new trains for their 3 year old roller coaster to give six flags a slight burn, after they just had a year of major financial losses.

uh woosch bro. its a thing called a joke. and the point is IRat has more comfortable trains then SV. Get it now? Nobody thinks SF would actually purchase trains for CP.

I haven't been in several weeks. . but apparently the 1st piece of track from Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger is in the park as a photo-op at the moment.

LOL. .  will have to make a trip up there in the next few weeks and get a pic with it!

(and ride the updated Poltergeist)

I will admit that I am also not too fond of Steel Vengeance's (and Twisted Timbers) trains. They do fit slightly differently than the standard 1st gen RMC trains. The Gerstlauer ones are much more comfortable than both! Iron Rattler and NTG have some of my favorite trains out there.

Obviously nobody is replacing trains though. But it is interesting to think that if the NTG accident never happened, if RMC still would've put their trains on the IBox rides or if we'd still be seeing the Gerstlauer ones to this day.

1 minute ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

But it is interesting to think that if the NTG accident never happened, if RMC still would've put their trains on the IBox rides or if we'd still be seeing the Gerstlauer ones to this day.

I don't think this is the case. When I toured the factory it seemed like they had a strong desire to make their own trains and they just didn't have the capability to do so for those first projects.

Glad we are back on track now.  Thanks for the Diabolical update Bert. Can't wait to try the new and improved Poltergeist launch run soon. It is awesome to start your day here with a good launch.

When my husband, Steve, rode steve he thought it was rough and that the RMC trains were uncomfortable. However, he is not an enthusiast by any stretch of the imagination, so what does he know. There that statement is grammatically correct, on topic and factual 😜

On a serious note I have a huge soft spot for dive coasters, so guess we will just have to come back down to SFFT to try out DDC (is that the abbreviation we are using?) even though we were there earlier this year. Darn.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2021 at 7:42 PM, thrillseeker4552 said:

I will admit that I am also not too fond of Steel Vengeance's (and Twisted Timbers) trains. They do fit slightly differently than the standard 1st gen RMC trains. The Gerstlauer ones are much more comfortable than both! Iron Rattler and NTG have some of my favorite trains out there.

Obviously nobody is replacing trains though. But it is interesting to think that if the NTG accident never happened, if RMC still would've put their trains on the IBox rides or if we'd still be seeing the Gerstlauer ones to this day.

Agreed, I love the Gerstlauer trains and wish they were on all of the RMCs.  It's great to see IR get another train, the wait is absolutely brutal when it has one train ops.  I will definitely be making another Texas trip once Aquaman and Cliffhanger are open!