TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The Super 8 in Mason should work just fine for you. You can't beat the location, it's incredibly cheap and the breakfast is good. I believe it was formerly a Holiday Inn.

I'll going to Kings Island for a couple of days later this month. I see there are a number of motels close to and farther away from the park. What are the odds I'll be able to find a motel room for a couple of nights within ten miles of the park without a reservation?

Any recommendations would be helpful. I'd prefer a motel with free wi-fi, and in the $60/night range.

Priceline.com. Use the map search.

When we were there last month we stayed at the Red Roof Inn Blue Ash, it was $59 a night and was quite clean and comfortable and was about 7 miles from the park. Unfortunately it really does depend on when you are going, we are going back the 25th and most everything is sold out, I ended up getting a Motel 6 Franklin which is a bit further away but at $69 for the night I couldn't pass it up, I would rather drive a few extra miles and have that saved money for the park. I'm still on the fence about this one as this is our wedding night but we are on such a tight budget we just cannot afford something nicer.

Thanks for the motel advice everyone. I'll take a look at your suggestions.

I just returned from KI yesterday and stayed at the Red Roof Inn Cincinnati North-Mason. Great location (just one exit down from KI) with renovated rooms, breakfast and free wi-fi for $59 a night. It doesn't look as pretty as some of the newer hotels on the outside, but the inside and rooms are refreshed. I was pleasantly surprised.

What is the rain closure policy for rides at KI? Unfortunately, my timing led me to be going to the park tomorrow, which is going to be incredibly violent thunderstorms. What closes in rain, and I assume everything closes with lightning?

I'd suggest riding Firehawk, Flight of Fear and Backlot Stunt Coaster first as they get huge lines and have awful capacity. Banshee and Bat get shorter lines as the day goes on.

Ride the Beast at night... get in line no later than 9:25 - 9:30 to guarantee a front seat ride.

^^ Definitely Firehawk first and FoF as others have said. After that, maybe hit Invertigo and back lot stunt coaster. You shouldn't have any problems with any of the other lines moving quickly.

The Beast and Banshee are both great night rides. We rode Beast when it was about 90% dark and didn't ride in the front row and it was still great.

Rode The Beast tues night after the fireworks. Don't remember in my entire life if I have ever rode The Beast in the pitch dark but wow. First, its really kinda trippy in a cool way to stare up at a cloudless night sky on the first lift hill and see all the stars, just something really neat about that feeling. Then, the drop and then its just like your hauling ass and you can barely see where you are even going or what is in front of you, its so crazy but so fun and combined with all the people in the train just hootin and hollering and acting wild, that is definitely an awesome and fun way to end the night at Kings Island, definitely need to do that again.

Does anyone think that Flight of Fear (cough Fire cough) is getting removed? With 2 incidents in 2 weeks I think KI is done with this.

It may not be as popular with the enthusiast crowd, but when I ask pretty much anyone else what their favorite ride at the park is, it's almost always Flight of Fear, even over Diamondback (although Banshee has taken the throne for some). It usually has one of the longest waits in the park.

For me, I love getting launched, so FoF was my favorite. Until I rode Banshee yesterday. The back seat on Banshee one of the most forceful rides I have been on and is no doubt one of my top experiences on a rollercoaster. Still not sure if beats El Toro though..

I really like this shot I got of Banshee, so I thought I'd share

^Yeah that's great! Is the rattle still there?

As it was my first time on it, I certainly didn't notice it because I was much more surprised at how forceful it was throughout the whole ride.

If I had to really think about, I would say honestly didn't feel it though.

What's weirder is all day Banshee had the shortest line. I didn't wait over an hour either time, while all other coasters had 90 - 120 minute waits. Even Adventure Express' line came out near the slingshot at some times.

^^ I had the same experience with Banshee's line on Thursday. It was a very fairly busy day, so I wasn't even going to attempt to ride Banshee. Glad I did though because I only waited probably 20 minutes! Maybe less! It doesn't surprise me though, they blaze through loading/un-loading.

Yeah. thats one thing I have realized over my last few trips is that Banshee's line diminishes a lot over the course of the day, start with the back of the park and work your way towards the front and by the time you get there, both Banshee and The Bat should have low wait times, usually ride Banshee about 5 or 6 times in the mid afternoon back to back after the line has died down a lot then usually come back late evening for a few more.

Also Diamondback is really good in the back, rode that in the back last tues for the first time that I can remember, throws you around a bit and gives some really good airtime. Don't outstretch your arms during the splashdown though unless you want the back of them to get wet/sticky lol.

Also Diamondback is really good in the back, rode that in the back last tues for the first time that I can remember, throws you around a bit and gives some really good airtime. Don't outstretch your arms during the splashdown though unless you want the back of them to get wet/sticky lol.

Yeah! last year, I rode in the very back seat and got absolutely soaked on Diamondback..What was surprising is that we got to the Banshee line at around 11:15 and got off within the hour. I'm still confused at how it was the fastest moving line all day. I guess Diamondback's workers were slower or something. hmm.