TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Sad to see no news of a Fortnite themed restaurant or shop. Come on Six Flags, give the people what they want!

If it wasn't for your posts here, I'd have no idea what Fortnite even is.

Really? It is the biggest video game around right now. Arguably bigger than Halo, Call of Duty, or Mario! Six Flags is missing out big time by not cashing in on it's popularity right now.

No, they're not, because in 2 years when the next stupid craze hits, even less people will know what Fortnite is. Even amongst "gamers", which I consider myself, its popularity is massively overblown.

Really? It is the biggest video game around right now. Arguably bigger than Halo, Call of Duty, or Mario! Six Flags is missing out big time by not cashing in on it's popularity right now.

All three of those franchises have staying power, and Mario is the most recognized character period. Not just games, but all media. More people can recognize Mario than Ronald McDonald.

But yeah, a free to play game that touts its number of downloads and won't say how many active players there are, already having to fend off multiple lawsuits....shure. They're totally missing out there.

All three of those franchises have staying power, and Mario is the most recognized character period. Not just games, but all media. More people can recognize Mario than Ronald McDonald.

But yeah, a free to play game that touts its number of downloads and won't say how many active players there are, already having to fend off multiple lawsuits....shure. They're totally missing out there.

Sally is developing a Five Nights at Freddy's dark ride...

Universal Studios is adding an entire Nintendo themed land...

Carowinds has a Plants VS Zombies attraction...

Popular video game IPs are nothing new to the theme park industry. With as much money as Fortnite is making, yes it IS a stupid decision to not cash in on it. You don't have to PLAY Fortnite to even enjoy the idea. Imagine a Fortnite themed restaurant called "Moisty Mire Cafe" where you can get a specialty cocktail named after an in-game powerup. Even if you've never played a match in your life, it would still be fun to get an exclusive drink in a souvenir cup. Guests would eat it up and make diaperloads of cash.

thinks of my last visit to Carowinds. . where almost WHOLE PARK was down for hours due to weather in the area, and although PvZ was operating (as was Boo Blasters - which had a line), PvZ was walk on.

and they were only using one side, and several of the seats were closed off as broken.

so . . . yeah.

it might exist, but it ain't "helping" your argument here.

Sally is developing a Five Nights at Freddy's dark ride...

That no actual park has bought yet.

Universal Studios is adding an entire Nintendo themed land...

NINTENDO. Not the same thing. Everyone knows Nintendo and their major IPs (Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Donkey Kong). There's so much to build off of there and multiple generations of guests can relate.

I had to look this up, and it surprises me. Shooting dark rides can be successful regardless of the IP, though. Look at the Reeses one at Hershey or Boo Blasters at Kings Dominion/Island.

Popular video game IPs are nothing new to the theme park industry.

You're right. We're telling you, Fortnite is not as popular as you think it is.

With as much money as Fortnite is making, yes it IS a stupid decision to not cash in on it. You don't have to PLAY Fortnite to even enjoy the idea.

Yes, you do. And sorry, the 10-16 demographic isn't spending money at theme parks, and their parents would or wouldn't regardless of any Fortnite anything. It also doesn't change the fact that in two years, the same demographic that eats up Fortnite will have moved on to whatever the next "craze" game is.

Imagine a Fortnite themed restaurant called "Moisty Mire Cafe" where you can get a specialty cocktail named after an in-game powerup. Even if you've never played a match in your life, it would still be fun to get an exclusive drink in a souvenir cup. Guests would eat it up and make diaperloads of cash.

I only speak for me here, but no, I would have absolute zero interest in trying something, anything...a ride, a restaurant, a game, you name it...themed to Fortnite just because it was themed to Fortnite. And I am a gamer.

Seriously, just give it up.

I only speak for me here, but no, I would have absolute zero interest in trying something, anything...a ride, a restaurant, a game, you name it...themed to Fortnite just because it was themed to Fortnite. And I am a gamer.

Seriously, just give it up.

The 10-16 demographic has a HUGE MONOPOLY on theme park attendance. How many theme parks do you go to where it is just adults walking around? None. If kids want to go to a park, the parents will pay to take them. Trust me, I've worked in Economics for 4 years and that is basic business.

When Thomas Town at SFA opened it was hugely popular. Now that it is Whistlestop, no one cares! Reinvigorating that area with a Fortnite theme would be financially minuscule but attract a lot of guests.

Attached is an idea of retheming Whistlestop to "Fortnite Land".

Nobody complained when Six Flags brought DC Comics to the parks and no one complained when Disney brought Star Wars to the park. Why is Fortnite coming to Six Flags bringing such hate? It is a viable IP with a long staying power. Common sense move!

dfdf.png.4df789d348ba7cdccaa3300cb0c3ebf3.png

As a member of the 10-16 demographic within SFA’s main population centers, I can pretty confidently say that nobody I know would care if SFA added Fortnite to its park. In fact, I have seen a lot of people in that demographic starting to turn against Fortnite due to over-saturation online, and some of my friends may be even less likely to want to visit SFA if they added Fortnite.

Personally, I wouldn’t be very excited for If Fortnite was added.

^ Agreed. I wouldn’t want anything Fortnite themed in my park either. That game is so overrated rated I’d much rather play GTA V(Online) the most profitable entertainment(and video game) in the world(seriously this is true) than it.

^ & ^^ Out of the mouths of babes.

Nobody complained when Six Flags brought DC Comics to the parks and no one complained when Disney brought Star Wars to the park. Why is Fortnite coming to Six Flags bringing such hate?

You're seriously comparing a craze game that launched two years ago, if that, and will be dead within another 2, with DC Comics, owners of two of the most identifiable superheros in history, and Star Wars, which has spanned over 40 years and is basically a license to print money? Wow. Talk about out of touch.

It is a viable IP with a long staying power.

No, it isn't. This is what you're missing. It may be "massively popular" right now (which I'd still argue against), but in 2-3 years no one will care.

[attachment=0]dfdf.png[/attachment]

I have literally no idea what any of those names mean or what they're referencing.

^ Agreed. I wouldn’t want anything Fortnite themed in my park either. That game is so overrated rated I’d much rather play GTA V(Online) the most profitable entertainment(and video game) in the world(seriously this is true) than it.

That may be profitable but it doesn't lend itself to theme park entertainment! Fortnite definitely does with it's bright colors and creative characters. It also netted a 3 billion dollar profit in 2018.

It's not a matter of opinion it really is just a matter of financial fact. Successful Fortnite plus Successful Six Flags equals Profitable Partnership for both!

Six Flags America is close to DC and Baltimore and both areas have a high concentration of Fortnite gamers. It would do better at our park here than in a market like Magic Mountain or Great Adventure where heavily themed attractions are more commonplace.

Now lets get real here. How about 2 new lands from 2 of the most popular games! Farmville! Rides themed to veggies and fruits. A restaurant and bar themed to serve only the freshest fruits and veggies. 87.376 million monthly users, per wiki.Think of the fresh strawberry margaritas ! Yum. Next up is the new kids area, Candy Crush land ! Kids, ride all your favorite rides like, Skittle challenge, jelly bean bump,restrooms themed to look like tootsie rolls. to name a few. Kids can pig out at the new all u can eat candy buffet ! 293 million monthly users ! (per wiki 2017) WOW think of all the IP stuff they are missing out on!!!! Okay, if you don't realize it by now, this is all meant with a big ole dose of snark. Yeah, here today, gone and forgotten tomorrow.

Six Flags tried to cash in on the Pokémon GO! craze a few years ago. The park participated by sponsoring Poke-Stops and other elements; and the topic of this game was even in guest surveys.

Nowadays it is hard to remember this was even a thing. Talk about a flame out. Same thing would happen with this current game obsession.

Six Flags tried to cash in on the Pokémon GO! craze

Cedar Fair & the Busch parks did it too. Just saying.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/os-pictiures-pokemon-go-at-busch-gardens-20160729-photogallery.html

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/SeaWorld-to-Host-Innaugural-Pokemon-GO-Lure-A-Thon-387048411.html

I have a friend who is happily married (with kids), in his mid 40s(?), has a great job, and is still super duper into Pokemon Go! Not only is he very active in that community online (groups, forums, you name it) he regularly (a few times a week?) meets up with other obsessed weirdos of all ages and backgrounds who all think its just the best thing ever. I'd tell him he's weird but swap out Pokemon for coasters and well... we all have our "hobbies", don't we?

My brother, sister, aunt, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law all still actively play that game. It's not the cultural craze it was when it was first released, but it's still got a huge-enough following to still be relevant.

Pokemon Go is still popular and thriving! I still think Fortnite would be a better option for an SFA attraction however...

I notice a Coke Freestyle in Coyote Creek at Tex's favorites. Nice. Although, I don't remember Tex's favorites. Anyone?

Tex's is the first building in Coyote Creek, used to be called Tex's Turkey Legs! They used to have a Coke Freestyle in the Coyote Creek Candy Shop, but that was removed sometime in 2017.