TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Not sure if you guys heard this, but the fire effect on Firebird is enclosed in a small volcano structure that has a hole at the top. Also, they did a very solid job on the landscaping around the ride to make it look a lot less apocalyptic.

I give that fire effect till late August before it never works again.

the fire pots on Wonder Woman (at SFFT) were 1/2 down not even 2 weeks after open, and all down less than a month.

*but* last visit all 6 were working again. . so who knows? they might keep up on it.

I arrived at the park around 10:30AM it was dead....

Fire Bird is still a little shakey head BANGy yet way more comfortable ride experience.

I rank it 4 in the park (a lot more fun). Roar and Batwing we’re down. Batwing had a train stuck on top of the lift hill, lift chain dangling, and a cherry picker and Crain at the lift hill. SURPRISE Superman and Wild one had 2 train operations.

I got 10 rides on each

Overall a great day

7E65561D-0AE4-4B18-80BE-108E44095B82.thumb.jpeg.f01e616e871bb92928ea15cac2c62c52.jpeg

My new Fire Bird T Shirt

776FF7C8-8A34-48A1-BA7C-37E6E69B7E7F.thumb.jpeg.13b28656b99e758f776d0df7813b4396.jpeg

The Beef Burrito at Nacho Nacho is Yummy

This is very true.

As far as this coaster goes I’m curious to try it out. I thought Rougarou was a fantastic upgrade where they basically turned a raging dumpster fire of a ride into a solid floorless coaster (which is a big win) but Patriot is a just flaming turd with tons of headbanging and a layout that’s not interesting enough to make up for it.

Hopefully this is more like the former.

with Mind Eraser just around the corner from it, isn't the amount of headbanging considered minimal regardless?

I will note, that when we stopped at this park last Summer, I passed riding Apocalypse (tho we DID ride Mind Eraser, and Roar. . go figure ).. . but I WOULD ride Firebird.

From several riders that I talked to, the second from the back, and back row is where you gotta sit. I'm hearing that coming out of the corkscrew is a great experience, as well as a couple of other elements. So far, everyone is saying that it is a superb improvement over the stand up. Looking forward to riding it next Friday.

^^^could be, but it could also just be the timing of the photo (though I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually that small). Doesn’t really matter, small fire > no fire

^

That's the fire effect?

That was literally my thought when I saw the photo!!!

I don’t get all the hype over the fire effect. You can get basically the same effect from any generic firework stand across the country from about the middle of June through July 4th.

Man, people bellyache about anything. The fire effect is larger in live action. Look at the YouTube video that just came out. I'm too lazy right now to link it.

Either way, I'm sure that the emphasis wasn't on a volcano blast. Probably were more concerned about the paint and trains. Do you think??

^^^could be, but it could also just be the timing of the photo (though I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually that small). Doesn’t really matter, small fire > no fire

^^this... it's the timing. I saw the video. It is bigger. Also, I agree. Either way, small fire > no fire.

I just got the invite for Firebird at Six Flags America on the morning of May 16. Do we have anyone that is somewhat local to the area that would want to go to it representing TPR? You must be willing to shoot photos & video of the ride, post a trip report to the forum, and be on-camera with much enthusiasm for a rider-cam! If you're interested, please email: robbalvey@themeparkreview.com