TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

I just saw the videos of Firebird. It looks like a great improvement to the ride and the park overall. The colors really pop, the ride looks zippier with the floorless trains, and the area around the ride looks a lot better. I wasn't too much of a fan of the Apocalypse theme, but I love the cleaner look of the area around Firebird. I can't wait to try it out! Good job Six Flags!

Need to find someone ASAP! Let me know if you are interested!

I just got the invite for Firebird at Six Flags America on the morning of May 16. Do we have anyone that is somewhat local to the area that would want to go to it representing TPR? You must be willing to shoot photos & video of the ride, post a trip report to the forum, and be on-camera with much enthusiasm for a rider-cam! If you're interested, please email: robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

I just got the invite for Firebird at Six Flags America on the morning of May 16. Do we have anyone that is somewhat local to the area that would want to go to it representing TPR? You must be willing to shoot photos & video of the ride, post a trip report to the forum, and be on-camera with much enthusiasm for a rider-cam! If you're interested, please email: robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

I could do it- I'm in the area and at the park often, but honestly I'm so annoyed at Six Flags' policy so far, with members allowed to ride and non-members, including upper-tier season passholders, left to watch from the sidelines until the 17th, that I don't want to do anything to promote this ride. I wish you luck finding someone.

I could do it- I'm in the area and at the park often, but honestly I'm so annoyed at Six Flags' policy so far, with members allowed to ride and non-members, including upper-tier season passholders, left to watch from the sidelines until the 17th, that I don't want to do anything to promote this ride. I wish you luck finding someone.

Yeah, that's actually a really shitty obnoxious attitude to have. Not only would I not want you representing our site but I don't want people like you on our forums. So you can just sit there on the sidelines and watch the rest of us post about the fun we're having in the park while you sit there and be a self-entitled rude jerk.

Bu-Bye....

The irony of this is that had to responded "Oh, man, I'd love to do the media event and get to ride before the opening date" you would have actually gotten to do something super fun and cool that ALL those other passholders and members would have wanted to do. Personally, I feel that if you're looking for "bragging rights" (as dumb as that actually is IMO) saying you got to do a media event is by far higher on the list than "riding it first" through a passholder preview.

But to each his own... you just sit there and continue to be angry....

Edited by robbalvey

Some people feel very "entitled" over their season passes. I went to KD when Twisted Timbers opened and this woman was upset they were not running two trains during the passholder preview. She said "WE'RE PASSHOLDERS SURELY THEY KNOW THAT!" They also know that not running two trains on Twisted Timbers for one day while they were working their kinks out will likely have no effect on the $100 you probably already paid so....

Yeah, that's actually a really shitty obnoxious attitude to have. Not only would I not want you representing our site but I don't want people like you on our forums. So you can just sit there on the sidelines and watch the rest of us post about the fun we're having in the park while you sit there and be a self-entitled rude jerk.

Bu-Bye....

The irony of this is that had to responded "Oh, man, I'd love to do the media event and get to ride before the opening date" you would have actually gotten to do something super fun and cool that ALL those other passholders and members would have wanted to do. Personally, I feel that if you're looking for "bragging rights" (as dumb as that actually is IMO) saying you got to do a media event is by far higher on the list than "riding it first" through a passholder preview.

Wow...

Lol anyway seems like a cool event to attend, surprised people are not jumping out of their seats. Wished I lived closer.

Robb, that's fair and your opinion is 100% valid.

This is a park that Six Flags essentially ignores. For those of us who live near it, we're supposed to be happy with new trains and a repainton a 29-year-old coaster.

Yet even if we try to be excited about it, a good chunk of those who actually try to support this little park are told to wait, we're going to open the new train/repaint thing for two weekends and exclude you. Unless you buy a shirt. Seriously?

I firmly believe Six Flags will continue to treat customers poorly as long as fans and fan media support them.

You're right, I will, in fact, stay on the sidelines angry and not renew my pass next year. See you at HersheyPark, King's Dominion, and Knoebels.

Bu-Bye....

Robb, that's fair and your opinion is 100% valid.

This is a park that Six Flags essentially ignores. For those of us who live near it, we're supposed to be happy with new trains and a repainton a 29-year-old coaster.

Yet even if we try to be excited about it, a good chunk of those who actually try to support this little park are told to wait, we're going to open the new train/repaint thing for two weekends and exclude you. Unless you buy a shirt. Seriously?

I firmly believe Six Flags will continue to treat customers poorly as long as fans and fan media support them.

You're right, I will, in fact, stay on the sidelines angry and not renew my pass next year. See you at HersheyPark, King's Dominion, and Knoebels.

Really? You registered a whole new account just to come back on the forum to be angry over something so incredibly stupid and petty? Wow.

The only reason why I even approved this post is to point out how INSANELY obnoxious and self-entitled you are being. You are EXACTLY the example of someone we don't want on this forum, EXACTLY the example of someone when they walk into a parks Guest Services that makes the people behind the counter go "Ugh, what does this annoying asshole want to complain about now?" and EXACTLY the type of person I hope I never run into at HersheyPark, King's Dominion, and Knoebels.

The fact that you are making a huge deal out of something so incredibly insignificant like "not being able to ride a coaster first" is exactly what is wrong with humanity. Posts like yours just make me want to move out of this country a little more every day.

I will, in fact, stay on the sidelines angry and not renew my pass next year.

I'm willing to bet the feeling is mutual.

Edited by robbalvey

sheesh.

it reminds me of those we saw complaining the other week at SFFT that WhiteWater Bay grand opening was only for Memberships from Noon-3 (and open to the public after 3).

we just shook our heads, and felt bad for the security at the entrance there, and then you know what we did with our Season Passes?

Enjoyed the rest of the park, for a few hours, and I went into Whitewater bay after 3pm to take pictures of the opening weekend.

I just don't understand some people, and feel real sympathy for park employees that have to deal with these type of folks.

(so always try to be pleasant when dealing with Park employees).

and to reiterate what I said a few pages ago - I refused to set foot on Apocalypse, when we were there last year - but look forward to riding Firebird if I ever make another stop at SFA. Looks like a fantastic improvement, even if one has to wait a few weeks for it to be open to the "General Public"

You're right, I will, in fact, stay on the sidelines angry and not renew my pass next year. See you at HersheyPark, Kings Dominion, and Knoebels

Lol, nah, you will be renewing your pass next year. You are not fooling anybody.

You're right, I will, in fact, stay on the sidelines angry and not renew my pass next year. See you at HersheyPark, Kings Dominion, and Knoebels

Lol, nah, you will be renewing your pass next year. You are not fooling anybody.

Not renewing his pass. Buying a membership so he can ride Mind Eraser first next year when they change the name, paint, and trains.

I'm close by the park and would love to help out but the date doesn't work for me.

After a couple months, Firebird will probably be essentially ERT every day, so why hurry to catch the rush?

Plus an SFA pass is among the cheapest pass for the while SF chain. I'm slightly confused about "membership" since I thought that what I had back when I started it up 3-4 years ago ...

(Gotta work Thursday.)

I rode Firebird 35 x’s in a row! I literally rode for 3 hours straight. 10 rides in the back row and once in each seat on the train.

I used to be a 1 and done Apocalypse rider.

Yes I would say Fire Bird is definitely smoother.

I rode Firebird 35 x’s in a row! I literally rode for 3 hours straight. 10 rides in the back row and once in each seat on the train.

I used to be a 1 and done Apocalypse rider.

Yes I would say Fire Bird is definitely smoother.

Excellent! Hey, that was me today that you were talking to. I had glasses on. You gave me a great recommendation on that 5th row, right seat.