TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Thank you! I love how they only change some of the names on their rides.

Very interesting. There is a need for a bathroom back there.

On the food survey I just kept saying Mexican food on the dining plan.

Is there really a chance I get a dining plan burrito and a bathroom by superman for when it digests 10 minutes later?

All I want them to carry is real brewed unsweet iced tea. I do not understand why almost no amusement parks do not carry this. They rather carry that nasty Gold Peak brand. Which I get because its a Coke product, but it taste so processed. The one season they had Chick Fil A in the park was the best because of the iced tea.

The only park I have ever found real iced tea is Knoebels and only a couple stands sell it.

Let's hope that this is a bathroom for Gotham.

Most likely not. Higher ups in the parks have said its not feasible due to plumbing and the environmental laws.

One thing I have learned is parks can say one thing today, and do a totally different thing tomorrow.

All I want them to carry is real brewed unsweet iced tea. I do not understand why almost no amusement parks do not carry this.

Yikes. Unsweet tea? I didn't know people actually drank that stuff.

Its my favorite drink. It really depends on the brand. I do like sweet tea to though. I wish parks offered both options.

Lol, yeah, I can't do it. I need some sugar in that tea.

Yeah but 99% of the time when I get a sweet tea ALL I taste is the sugar. I just can't do it anymore.

I personally really like unsweetened cold green tea, it's my go-to drink of choice these days along with flavored seltzer, but good luck finding it at any theme park in the States. At least most of the places that have the Coke Freestyle machines have one or two "Dasani Sparkling" options for the seltzer, but I've never seen any theme park that actually stocks the cold green tea bottles.

Yeah, it was unseasonably cold in the northeast yesterday.

While temps in the mid 30's usually won't keep people away from the parks in late December, it generally does in late November when people know that they can likely wait a few days and visit when it's 20 degrees warmer.

Crowds at Great Adventure and New England were on the lighter side also (though Great Adventure was more respectable with Justice League actually hitting 35 minutes). By park close it was down to almost 20 degrees at GA and likely not much warmer at SFA (and yes, the coasters were open ).

Yeah, it was low to mid 30s. The good news is that it was not windy. Big shopping day yesterday too; I'm sure that kept some out.

3 coasters (Roar, Wild One, Mind Eraser), and Fireball were open.

A fun, very hype group was re-riding Roar for a long time. Daughter finally had enough, as she could no longer feel her cheeks..lol.. the group kept riding.

We went in Friday at about 4:30, rode everything, ate, and were out at 6:30. RC was closed. ROAR was its usual good cold weather self. Even hopped on ME and managed to not get my bell rung. Creek area looks great but ME was dark. So, a rare season when I actually rode both Apocalypse and ME. Longest lines were for Santa and the bumper cars (ride ops and dumb people, I can never understand people that loop that "seatbelt" around their throats).

Good pictures already posted, thanks. It is amazing how a park that struggles so mightily with theming can rock holiday lights. I guess it is easy to light all of the trees when there are only 10 of them. Honestly just the right number of people for me. Not a ghost town but very light.

It does seem that they are mainly open to sell brown water and S'mores.