TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Hey did anyone else noticed that Hershey updated its website last night to show 2019 season pass pricing? Bastards rose it three dollars over last year to 148.

The higher price doesn’t bother me, but they didn’t include any new perks. I wish they would feel more pressure from the competition but the Hershey name means they get elasticity closer to Disney than Great Adventure or Dorney.

Price changes don't always correspond with a new ride. SDC raised their prices for the first time in years, not this year with Time Traveler, not in 2016 with the new Fireman's Landing area, but last year in 2017, when there was nothing new. They do this when the finances dictate it, which isn't necessarily aligned with capex.

Price changes don't always correspond with a new ride. SDC raised their prices for the first time in years, not this year with Time Traveler, not in 2016 with the new Fireman's Landing area, but last year in 2017, when there was nothing new. They do this when the finances dictate it, which isn't necessarily aligned with capex.

I wasn’t suggesting capex, but it looks like you’re talking in general not a specific response.

I was hoping that the poor attendance numbers for Six Flags and Ceader Fair in the Mid Atlantic would also be affecting Hershey and lead to some more generous events/perks like the SF 1 flash pass use per visit.

Hershey is definitely not hurting in the attendance department. I was disappointed in the pricing as well though. I was hoping for more of a discount for re-newing early. I didn't get this year's passes until I for my tax refund so that was the most expensive price. If this increase is the most discounted price I hate to see what they will go to after the first of the year.

Hey did anyone else noticed that Hershey updated its website last night to show 2019 season pass pricing? Bastards rose it three dollars over last year to 148.

The higher price doesn’t bother me, but they didn’t include any new perks. I wish they would feel more pressure from the competition but the Hershey name means they get elasticity closer to Disney than Great Adventure or Dorney.

So it looks like two minor changes have been made.

1. This year there offering a payment plan for 8 months instead of 7. I personally only bought a pass this year because of the plan.

2. The savings book was replaced in wording with “Season Pass Exclusive Offers”

Hersheypark announced their new attraction, Reese's Cupfusion, coming to the park in 2019!

http://www.hersheypark.com/2019/index.php

RCF-Logo.png.ecaf9d08b13f6a89ea234df87cd7a175.png

Are You Up For The Mission?

Agents, welcome to the all-new Reese's Cupfusion℠ attraction arriving Summer 2019 inside Hersheypark®. Your mission? Ensure the world is never deprived of Reese's® peanut butter cups by protecting Reese's Central.

Inside Reese's® Cupfusion

Reese's Cupfusion merges the world's love of chocolate and peanut butter with a dark ride gaming experience to create a sweet sensory adventure for the entire family. Agents are equipped with state-of-the-art gear to protect the factory and earn points on every mission.

How Will You Protect The Factory?

Discover all the ways to guard the Crystal Cup including, activating targets to power the factory, stunning intruders with your amplifier, working with fellow agents to unlock extra points, and more! Try to beat your score with every ride to become a Reese's Legend in the Hall-of-Fame.

Have You Seen These Candies?

Mint the Merciless and The League of Misfit Candy are permanently banned from Reese's Central. In the event of a security breach, notify Commander Cup immediately.

2019-new-attraction1.thumb.jpg.40d3cef046e8926fb2b004bf3c4d5caf.jpg

Slide-1.thumb.jpg.4e08a2c7981d5ef70944513323b0cb7b.jpg

Slide-2.thumb.jpg.eca969118383451c23a7b8e45c0ab794.jpg

Slide-3.thumb.jpg.7178333b82e36008b9f216e0ded70409.jpg

Amplifier.thumb.jpg.1949b6d4d8a9f27cbd7e418fbd04dd4a.jpg

Vehicles.jpg.f2b4883c8b3bc233960541d6b4c7a0f5.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Yep, no one cares. It's just a rebranding of their existing shooting darkride, which was horribly dated anyway. I mean, seriously, "Xtreme"? They needed to bring it up to 2018 standards by including a non-word in the title.

Not interested.... I personally don't like VR rides like this. I prefer actual flats and coasters.

Wow did I miss the vr part of this because I didn’t see it mentioned in the release?

If it is vr I may actually be interested.

On a more important note did anyone win one of the prizes from their contest.

I entered on every day and dam do I want 4 season passes.

R.I.P. to my former #1 attraction of all time, the Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge. Long live Cupfusion!! I'm already planning where I should get my Commander Cup tattoo...

But in all honesty, I'm looking forward to the update. Xtreme Cup Challenge was charmingly awful, but I seriously love the dark ride over in Chocolate World. And the 4D mystery theater there is genuinely great. So if this new ride is anything like what they're doing out in the parking lot, consider me hyped!!

Not interested.... I personally don't like VR rides like this. I prefer actual flats and coasters.

Wow did I miss the vr part of this because I didn’t see it mentioned in the release?

If it is vr I may actually be interested.

On a more important note did anyone win one of the prizes from their contest.

I entered on every day and dam do I want 4 season passes.

What I mean by VR is... its not real. Its a ride where you shoot a screen.

Lol, this thread begins with the announcement of the Reese’s Xtreme Challange (or whatever it’s proper name is) and now we have come full circle

Anyways, my family is planning to take a trip to Hersheypark using the sunset pass (we’re a family of 6 so this saves us over $130). We’re going some time next week, most likely Friday evening. Will this likely be enough time for all the coasters (except cocoa cruiser), major flats, and the Reese’s dark ride, plus rerides is major coasters? The sunset pass is good for 5pm until closing. Any tips for avoiding lines or just general things?

Lol, this thread begins with the announcement of the Reese’s Xtreme Challange (or whatever it’s proper name is) and now we have come full circle

Anyways, my family is planning to take a trip to Hersheypark using the sunset pass (we’re a family of 6 so this saves us over $130). We’re going some time next week, most likely Friday evening. Will this likely be enough time for all the coasters (except cocoa cruiser), major flats, and the Reese’s dark ride, plus rerides is major coasters? The sunset pass is good for 5pm until closing. Any tips for avoiding lines or just general things?

Tip:

1. If you’re staying at a Hershey property take advantage of sweet start. Get 2-3 rides on Skyrush, Comet, superdoper looper, and Great Bear opens up 30-40 minutes after the Hollow/Hill coasters.

2. Keep the Hershey app ready it’s as valuable as a fast pass (the ride wait time is posted on the app). Hershey has very good loose article policy, including letting you bring half cup of soada into the station as long as you hide it in your pocket.

3. Get to Laugh Track early (the line will not go down), the same is usaly true for Great Bear.

4. Hershey only has a few lower height limit coasters so they tend to get way longer lines than you may expect.

5. If you go to the water park may god have mercy on your soul.

Good luck.

All I care about is that they keep the single rider line. It's so nice to be able to walk right onto an air conditioned shooter in the middle of summer.

Unfortunately it was removed sometime between mid April and late May. It is now the Fast Track line (Fast Track used to go through the exit).

Tip:

1. If you’re staying at a Hershey property take advantage of sweet start. Get 2-3 rides on Skyrush, Comet, superdoper looper, and Great Bear opens up 30-40 minutes after the Hollow/Hill coasters.

2. Keep the Hershey app ready it’s as valuable as a fast pass (the ride wait time is posted on the app). Hershey has very good loose article policy, including letting you bring half cup of soada into the station as long as you hide it in your pocket.

3. Get to Laugh Track early (the line will not go down), the same is usaly true for Great Bear.

4. Hershey only has a few lower height limit coasters so they tend to get way longer lines than you may expect.

5. If you go to the water park may god have mercy on your soul.

Good luck.

They are using a sunset entry not a full day. And my instinct as a passholder is no. You will not get all of that done on a sunset entry. Laff Trak and Fahrenheit will have 45 minute to an hour wait each. Great Bear could easily be a half hour. The coasters are spread across the park. I don't know what you consider to be major flat rides but the Claw can easily get a 45 minute wait at times as well. You can probably get the coasters with the exception of LT and Fahrenheit and a good many flat rides on a sunset entry. Our weather lately would help you if you are coming in the next week or so. There is rain forecast almost every day from now to eternity (at least that's how it feels after 2 solid weeks).

All I care about is that they keep the single rider line. It's so nice to be able to walk right onto an air conditioned shooter in the middle of summer.

Unfortunately it was removed sometime between mid April and late May. It is now the Fast Track line (Fast Track used to go through the exit).

Aw man.

Thanks for the feedback! Another question: How do Friday night (5pm-closing) crowds compare to Saturday night (same hours) crowds?

EDIT:Also, ere any of you guys aware of any discounts on daily or sunset tickets that may exist for Hersheypark?

I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.

hmm. .

rode it last Tuesday (so just under a week ago), and no chocolate (or Reese's) at the end.

but we did get chocolate from the dark ride at Chocolate World.

I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.

hmm. .

rode it last Tuesday (so just under a week ago), and no chocolate (or Reese's) at the end.

but we did get chocolate from the dark ride at Chocolate World.

Noooooooooooooo_bbed2b_1479832.jpg