TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Hershey has very good loose article policy, including letting you bring half cup of soada into the station as long as you hide it in your pocket.

I don't know why I'm so focused on this, but ummmm... what? Half a cup of soda in your pocket? Who does that? I'm literally so confused. If you meant a closed bottle with a screw top, then why would it have to be half full.

Anyways... just make sure you take it out of your pocket before riding. Otherwise it would be more like skyCRUSH!

c1f1555119dbdad0431736bd64c9e719.jpg

31e2143f8f355a0b402493d2ec39d47c.jpg

I'll see myself out.

I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.

We also got no such candy at the end of the ride.

I'm cupfused by the title, but the ride will probably be all right as long as they don't stop bribing people to like it with a free mini Reese's at the end.

We also got no such candy at the end of the ride.

They used to do it back when the ride opened years ago. First it was a Reese's mini, then it was a sample of whatever their newest candy was (like Kissables) then they just stopped doing it.

but really. . who needs a free Reeses, when directly across from the 'ride" is a shop that sells these??

(three other flavors avail. at a shop near front gates too)

IMG_5204.thumb.JPG.b6864a9d28419eccc499419ce639b7fc.JPG

IMG_5206.thumb.JPG.28ed41a80ce2e8f92012986334d84d2e.JPG

Dear God... How have I missed those?

I'm heading back there at some point over the next couple of weeks. I know what just jumped to the top of my agenda!

Across from Reese's challenge options were:

Cookies and Cream (with ice cream sandwich on top)

Hershey's Chocolate (with a chocolate cupcake on top)

Reese's (with cheesecake on top)

all come with chocolate dipped pretzels, and glass rolled in frosting and ringed with chocolate/sprinkles/reeses pieces. . etc).

we got one of each in that pic

near the entrance, the options seemed to be:

Hershey's Chocolate

Apple Pie (with cinnamon buns on top, I think)

Strawberry Shortcake (with angel food cake on top)

^I'm with you Ed. However, we were so tempted, but we just couldn't let ourselves take the plunge on the delicious shakes. We did cave and get some signature cupcakes in Chocolate World. We'd seen them advertised on Facebook and they looked delicious. To be honest, they were kind of a let down.

I know I asked this before, but did anyone else feel like the Chocolate at Hershey in the resort, the park, and Chocolate World actually tasted better than when purchasing it elsewhere? I know it's really fresh, but we tried to be as objective as possible. We ate a couple free Hershey bars and Kisses that the resort gave us. We also sampled several of the miniatures in Chocolate World. Everything tasted smooth and melted in your mouth. We purchased a Hershey bar on the way home to test that theory and it just didn't have that melt in your mouth texture to it. It was probably in our heads, but we were pretty convinced at the time.

Those shakes are out of hand. 14 bucks (well worth it for the amount of stuff you get) and my 4 kids (2 teen boys and 2 younger girls) couldn't finish 1 that they were sharing. The flavors rotate at the stand near the carousel so you never know what will be offered there.

Glad they turned out well! I kept seeing "Turkey Hill" ice cream everywhere and not Hershey, so I never bought in since Turkey Hill is a Kroger brand ice cream.

The Rita's at Hershey was offering Italian ice flights (4 different flavors) and you could add custard for 10 cents! Yes. 10 cents.

I've had Rita's a bunch before, but they had unique flavors like Sweedish Fish, Hawaiian Punch, Passion Fruit, and Grape! They were all delicious.

I *Really* wanted to try the italian ice w/ Custard.

but I was so full after that shake, that I had to pretty much force myself to eat something for dinner later. . LOL. . I still have the Hershey bar they gave us at the end of the Chocolate World dark ride. yeah, I was THAT full from the shake/cupcake combo

but really. . who needs a free Reeses, when directly across from the 'ride" is a shop that sells these??

(three other flavors avail. at a shop near front gates too)

Alright...I was excited to finally get to ride Steel Vengeance next week but I might actually be more excited for this. Getting a stomach ache just looking at it but wow.

but I was so full after that shake, that I had to pretty much force myself to eat something for dinner later. . LOL. . I still have the Hershey bar they gave us at the end of the Chocolate World dark ride. yeah, I was THAT full from the shake/cupcake combo

Bert there was a Rita's at all the Cedar Fair parks + Hershey and an independent one at Knoebels!

Bert there was a Rita's at all the Cedar Fair parks + Hershey and an independent one at Knoebels!

really? the only one I noticed was at Hershey!

oh well, filing away for next time

Finally firming up a weekend East Coast trip next month. (Mainly to see closing night of a Broadway show.) Since the show is Sunday night have decided to make a return visit to Hershey and get that elusive ride on Skyrush. (We were next to ride before they shut it down.) How are crowds on September Saturday's? Specifically I am going the 15th.

In ideal land, I would spend opening till around 2-3PM at Hershey then drive up to Knoebels for the evening. (Sue me.) Was just at the park last year in May so did most of the stuff so just really looking to hit a few things that we missed and some ride some favorites. Mainly Skyrush, Storm Runner, Chocolate World (didn't do as well), ZooAmerica possibly, and a couple of others.

Park Hours:

Hersheypark: 10AM-10PM

Knoebels: 12PM-8PM

Hit the park for preview tonight. Quick shower around 9 emptied the park for the last 2 hours.

Not sure why but Skyrush didn't blow me away today the way it did in the past. The first time I rode it 5 years ago it literally almost ripped my shirt off with all the airtime and positive G's. Airtime was still good tonight but barely felt the positive G's and that was in the back left seat. Also my legs didn't feel like mincemeat from the lapbar like before. I'd hate to think Steel Vengeance has literally spoiled me so badly that Skyrush feels forceless...hopefully it was just running slow or something.

Since the last time I've been Fahrenheit and Storm Runner have changed to vest OTSRs which is a nice change. Was nice to get a couple rides on Fahrenheit with a 10 minute ride..usually has a long line when I go so I've barely ever ridden it. Fun ride but that and Storm Runner combined can't hold a candle to Maverick.

Back at it tomorrow for the last day of this coaster trip

Well, this is making the rounds in the coaster FB groups and it looks like its pretty official and that we're getting a 220 footer in 2020.

hershey.thumb.jpg.b0547dbfa1e2be4faa0ce8420d77836d.jpg

Exciting stuff if its real. If not cool to post delete and feel free to banish me for eternity.

This is kind of interesting. As much as I love Mako now I hope it's not a B&M. I feel like they should be doing something different (like a Mack hyper-looper) to set it apart from Skyrush.

Wasn't there a rumor floating around in the pre-Skyrush years about a two-coaster contract with B&M? Maybe we'll finally see that fulfilled. Either way that layout sure looks Swiss (though I'm still praying Intamin, of course).

Well, this is making the rounds in the coaster FB groups and it looks like its pretty official and that we're getting a 220 footer in 2020.

Exciting stuff if its real. If not cool to post delete and feel free to banish me for eternity.

Definitely legit permit from the FAA website. The footer map we saw earlier looks B&M hyper-esque, and now the "220ft structure height" supports that.

I'd be personally very happy with a B&M hyper, but the East Coast isn't really in short supply. I'd take anything really, but it's very exciting to see a confirmed 220ft coaster for 2020! I'll definitely make my way by that park once this opens