TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

People said Leviathan and Behemoth would be too similar. But they ride entirely different. It's all speculation, but a B&M hyper would have a drastically different ride experience than Skyrush. Both are tall, but they'd have different types of airtime and the layouts appear quite a bit different too.

^ Wasn't aware of the height restriction. Still, I personally don't think they'd add another hyper, different experience or not.

I'd gladly eat my words though, they're still pretty damn fun.

Yeah, I believe they have a pretty stiff 200 ft restriction due to a nearby hospital helipad or something.

My speculation of a B&M Hyper is purely based on how I interpreted the submitted drawings for the 2020 attraction, not necessarily what I think is best for the park.

The footer map indicates an out-and-back layout with a B&M-like turn around finished with a helix-y ending, a flow of elements we've seen many times. (Mako, Nitro, Behemoth, Silver Star, Diamondback, Intimidator, Shambhala, etc.)

Re-theme of the dark ride for 2019?

NOOOOOO. not the Reeses Challenge!

maybe they will retheme the ride in Chocolate World. . LOL. . a shooting dark ride with targets on the cow's udders?

I've been hearing murmurs of a B&M hyper for this park for a little while now. I tend to just shrug and laugh at anyone that speculates on this kinda stuff so early, but the murmurs seem to be... getting louder? I dunno. Until we see some more concrete evidence its just speculation but I don't see a B&M hyper as being completely unreasonable for Hershey's next big coaster.

Its no secret here how much I love this park and since I'll likely be retiring here lol I'm particularly interested in this expansion, though I think its obvious its going to happen over a number of years.

The whole "love of chocolate and peanut butter" part made me think the same thing. On the other hand, the last 5 major coasters came in 1996, 1998 (2 years later), 2000 (2 years later), 2012 (2 years later), 2015 (3 years later), so, if history is any indications (which it isn't necessarily), they are certainly "due" for a new coaster soon.

Well, if you're going by that, they also added a coaster in 2014 (Cocoa Cruiser). Also you forgot about Fahrenheit and Storm Runner?

But that isn't any indication of what they are going to add and when.

This is gonna be a really intriguing project to follow. I just hope whatever they do is done as organically as possible. Their more recent additions starting with Midway America/The Boardwalk and up through Skyrush have all been pretty sterile looking, they almost give off a Cedar Fair vibe. The current entrance area is really nice so I'd hate to see it get that treatment. The area they're expanding into looks very green and forested so hopefully they can keep it that way to some degree.

Whatever it is I'm sure it'll make one of the best parks in the country even better. Adding another 30+ acres to an already large amusement park, waterpark, zoo, and Chocolate World is awesome.

...and since I'll likely be retiring here lol...

DUDE! I've had the exact same thought! Rikki and I both love this park and I've fantasized about retiring there and working at the park as an old man, running some flat ride, telling old man / dad jokes and being that corny old person.

The whole "love of chocolate and peanut butter" part made me think the same thing. On the other hand, the last 5 major coasters came in 1996, 1998 (2 years later), 2000 (2 years later), 2012 (2 years later), 2015 (3 years later), so, if history is any indications (which it isn't necessarily), they are certainly "due" for a new coaster soon.

Actually SR was 2004, Fahrenheit 2008, Skyrush 2012, Laff Trakk 2015. They are overdue for a major coaster addition already (would have been this year based on the 3 Intamins). I would imagine something big for this expansion and my guess would be probably not Intamin but I would love to see another one in the park.

NOOOOOO. not the Reeses Challenge!

maybe they will retheme the ride in Chocolate World. . LOL. . a shooting dark ride with targets on the cow's udders?

Yes, Reese's XTreme Challenge: Part II

Add me to the "dark ride re-theme" camp as well, the focus on a "mission" in the marketing immediately makes me think of "shooting dark ride".

Also, if that gigantic coaster is coming for 2020, why would they spend all the money on another gigantic coaster for 2019? As for that layout, perhaps it's a different kind of out-and-back mega coaster like a Mack looping coaster a la Flash or DC Rivals Hypercoaster.

Or RMC Wildcat!

Oh, hell yes. I'd love to see what they'd be able to do to that trash heap. The potential is certainly there.

I would be severely upset if they did anything to Wildcat other than re-track it. I'd much prefer they add a brand-new RMC.

I'll be at the park a week from now. I guess there's no chance of fast track unlimited at this point. Damn.

After going earlier this year I can say you only need it if your only going for a few hours or a really busy weekend.

If you stay at a Hershey property sweat start in my opinion is equivalent to a fast pass.

Most of the time lines are less than 15 minutes. The app can get you to rides with the shortest lines and you’ll get to everything you need to.

The only rides with lines that don’t go down fast are Lafftrack, Great Bear and Comet.

The remaining rides have highly wavey wait times.

If you go to the water park then may god have mercy on your soul, and you will be forced to follow the crowds and will hit all the lines.

Good luck, and those more experienced may give better advice.

Edited by freejaffa

http://www.hersheypark.com/2019/

hp19.thumb.JPG.76286dc0855996e54905de0951fbae6b.JPG

Hersheypark is teasing a new addition for 2019 to be announced on August 2nd, 2018! Follow the link above to enter in a sweepstakes for a chance to win one of the following prize packages!

1 Grand Prize

Agent Will Receive:

• Four 2019 Hersheypark Season Passes
  • Four Hersheypark Season Pass Holder Drink & Dining Plans
  • One Year's Supply Of Hershey's Chocolate
  • Additional Confidential Prizes To Be Announced August 2

20 Runner-Up

Agents Will Receive:

• Four 1-day Hersheypark Tickets, Valid During 2019 Summer Season
  • One Hershey's Chocolate Prize Pack

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2018/07/new_hersheypark_2019_reeses.html

Hersheypark's next addition is top secret ... at least until August 2.

The park's website has announced that "something new is coming" in 2019, and that the "mission details" will be revealed this August.

The "agent trainee program" is apparently only open to those who love peanut butter and chocolate (which, in fairness, is just about everyone) and has been clearly branded with the Reese's logo.

The secret agent and Reese's Peanut Butter Cup motifs suggest that the announcement may have something to do with the Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge, a shooting gallery ride found at the park.

Visitors to the website can enroll in an Agent Sweepstakes, for a chance to win Hersheypark season passes or tickets, and up to a year's supply of chocolate. Entering the sweepstakes also grants updates on the attraction prior to the reveal.

For details, visit Hersheypark's website.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^^ Between the "trainee" thing, the chocolate and peanut butter thing and the weird footer, it sounds interactive and I sort of wonder if this is some type of overlay of Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge.

I know others have mentioned that. I'm hopping on that bandwagon.

I'll be at the park a week from now. I guess there's no chance of fast track unlimited at this point. Damn.

First off - you have no idea what the weather is going to be like a week from today, so calm down. If its super hot, everyone will go to the water park. If there is a chance of rain it may be a ghost town.

Secondly, download the app for wait times. I know your whole thing is "I love Fast Pass and I want to go at my own pace and do what I want" and I'm with ya and agree, obviously its not an option here, but I think you'll be fine with a little bit a strategy. If you are staying at Hershey property, you have Sweet Start, so use it. I've never done it, but everyone says its like ERT on Skyrush, SDL and Comet (and I think the Towers). So you can get those out of the way. If not, just get there early before opening, and skip everything in the front of the park and head to the back and work your way back up. If you need to ride Laff Trakk go there first. If not, go to Fahrenheit first. Those are the only two you'll have to worry about. Have the app downloaded and use it - I have and its fairly accurate. Hershey is not big so if you see something with a short wait on the app, just go there then.

ALSO! Zach I don't know if you've asked or if we talked about this with you at all BUT this is mucho importante. Hershey is not very beer people friendly. You can definitely get it in the Overlook Food Court - last booth. They have like 10 taps I think and its a decent selection. You'll have a hard time finding beer anywhere else (in the park that is - Troegs is a 5 minute drive down the road. Go there!). FYI.

Hershey is the best. Even if its busy and you follow that basic strategy I can't see how you can't have fun there. Best park.

And in regard to 2019 - its totally a retheme of the Reeses ride.