TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Unless I see the actual permits with B&M mentioned, I’m a i’m a little skeptical of them adding another steel hyper with an out an back layout so close to Skyrush. Hersheypark likes to throw people for a loop sometimes. Im not saying it’s not possible, but just unlikely. If it’s a good layout, it doesn’t really mater I suppose. But I would love to see an RMC or a GCI renaissance.

Well then I guess it would have to be the world's tallest wooden roller coaster. Definitely not likely. But just from an aesthetics perspective that structure would be incredible at the front of the park.

I'm just hoping this expansion doesn't destroy what little charm Hersheypark still has left.

Funny story about that Hershey kiss, Bert.....worked as a rides operator at HP for the 1996 and 1997 seasons in the North section. (Where the kissing tower stands). There was a small pavilion where that thing would pose for pics with you. As rides operator , we rotated out to do sweeping in our areas....and that thing sexually harassed me. Straight up grabbed my ass. Never knew who it was inside....but that kiss liked me...ALOT

Funny story about that Hershey kiss, Bert.....worked as a rides operator at HP for the 1996 and 1997 seasons in the North section. (Where the kissing tower stands). There was a small pavilion where that thing would pose for pics with you. As rides operator , we rotated out to do sweeping in our areas....and that thing sexually harassed me. Straight up grabbed my A$$. Never knew who it was inside....but that kiss liked me...ALOT

Not sexually harassed. . but whoever was in Milk Dud (and then Kit Kat) when we were there seemed to have a fondness for me (to the point that it was joked that I should give them my room key).

If you're following along on my "bert joins TPR for the USA tour" thread.. . due to an injury I was benched for a bit in the evening, and the characters came to me to pose for pics. so whoever was in that costume, liked what they saw. . LOL.

I understand and totally respect all the comments on the differences , pros and cons of adding another potentially similar ride to Skyrush to the new area at Hersheypark. But what if they’re actually going with a groundbreaking hybrid coaster ? With the tech available today, it wouldn’t be anything for RMC or even GCI to create a wooden hybrid hyper of some type.

I would love that but the B&M on the permits makes me doubt the possibility. I really don’t love B&M but even my thick head has accepted it’s going to be a B&M hyper. FYI I am still really pro Wildcat RMC.

And this is why human’s should be banned from giving eye witness testimony.

I was certain that B&M was accidentally listed as contracter or designer in an faa or town/county planning filling. After looking for the documents, none had any area related to contracter or designer section. I think I accidentally picked it up fro a YouTube video.

My apologies.

I understand and totally respect all the comments on the differences , pros and cons of adding another potentially similar ride to Skyrush to the new area at Hersheypark. But what if they’re actually going with a groundbreaking hybrid coaster ? With the tech available today, it wouldn’t be anything for RMC or even GCI to create a wooden hybrid hyper of some type.

I would love that but the B&M on the permits makes me doubt the possibility. I really don’t love B&M but even my thick head has accepted it’s going to be a B&M hyper. FYI I am still really pro Wildcat RMC.

And this is why human’s should be banned from giving eye witness testimony.

I was certain that B&M was accidentally listed as contracter or designer in an faa or town/county planning filling. After looking for the documents, none had any area related to contracter or designer section. I think I accidentally picked it up fro a YouTube video.

My apologies.

Wasn't it the Kings Island 2020 planning thing that had B&M listed?

how can anyone even focus on a new coaster. . when THIS is roaming about the park frightening the children?

Frightening? The kids practically attacked it (and all the other anthropomorphic candy) with hugs and high fives the entire time we were there this past weekend.

Don't really have much of a report to write up -- we got in Friday afternoon, and since the park itself was closed we took the opportunity to explore ZooAmerica. It's relatively tiny but still pretty entertaining. Afterwards we headed to the Tanger Outlets to pick up some much-needed outfits for the kids and the new school year. We ended up eating dinner at The Forebay in Hershey Lodge. OMG... the mango BBQ shrimp dish they currently have on the menu is DELICIOUS! Can't recommend it enough (nor their chocolate martinis... yum!).

On Saturday we got there early for Sweet Start, did a bunch of stuff in the Hollow and Kissing Tower Hill, then ate lunch at the Overlook food court around 11:30. As soon as we left that building we discovered that the place had gotten jam-packed and lines for just about everything were starting to get unruly. We didn't do too terribly much in the afternoon aside from play arcade & midway games and ride kiddie rides for the three-year-old (including Trailblazer, she loves that darn mine train). The kiddo refuses to ride Wildcat ever again until it gets the RMC treatment, and honestly, I don't blame him. We made our way all the way back towards Lightning Racer for our last coaster of the day. Thanks to its location the line was much shorter than just about everything else in the park. We hopped on the Lightning side, had a bad start, but came from behind and won the duel!

We ended up leaving around 5:00 PM to grab some dinner and head back to the hotel for evening swimming. Overall it wasn't as successful as I had hoped it would be, the beautiful weather really ended up cramming the park, but everyone left happy and honestly, what more can you ask for? Side note, we were planning to hit up Dutch Wonderland on Sunday, but some real-life engagements got in the way of those plans, and so we still have yet to get out there. Probably won't be until next year at this point.

^ If Lightning Racer is 45 minutes and Sooperdooperlooper is 90 minutes, I'm scared to know what Laff Trakk is.

It's better that no one mentioned it. I haven't seen a line that long since it opened. There was a boy scout camping weekend at the campground and they took over the park. I heard someone saying they waited 30 mins for dippin dots.

When the season passes went on sale this discount appeared. From the wording of the 2019 season pass benefits infers that the coupon book has been discounted. This deal is better than the two 20 dollars off regular admission that came with 2018 booklet.

The holloween discount is even a better as a percentage of the ticket price.

I’m cautiously optimistic that Hershey is going to have fewer but more significant discounts 2019 pass holders.

Any thoughts?

5CD81CD4-44B0-418A-91A4-8A3853AB8FEE.jpeg.d9fcdacf3d6dd6dd5f6a939079d75d2d.jpeg

The new pass holder discount for Halloween 2018

9A0B40FB-E533-4E7F-8383-597E9499E5E5.jpeg.e6d880f8882c47853807d4fea5870a6d.jpeg

The new pass holder discount from August15th to September 2018

Edited by freejaffa

Today was probably the most crowded I have ever seen the park. I knew it was going to be crowded based on wait times on the app the last Saturday and the Saturday before that but wanted to get 1 trip in before Hersheypark in the Dark begins.

Walking around difficult where food lines were going to the walkways. Comet, Great Bear, sooperdooperlooper, Laff Trakk all had lines that were overflowing onto the walkways. Fahrenheit, Lightning Racer, Wildcat and Wild Mouse had almost full queues. The most surprising wait times on the app were Lightning Racer and Trailblazer and 75 minutes although I don't think that was accurate. When I rode Lightning Racer later it was a 45 minute wait on the app and took just over 15 minutes. Crowds were more reasonable after 8 although some rides like Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk had really bad lines even later in the day. Coal Cracker was closed all day.

HPLines1.JPG.6a9ca5955de643810f7b764f59959673.JPG

The app had a 45 minute posted wait time for Great Bear. It was at least double that.

HPLines2.JPG.c064c6896ad123b54f2b3d01ba3cb10d.JPG

sooperdooperlooper's line was also out of the queue.