TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 266: Reef Plunge and more announced for Aquatica!

What's especially funny about the collars on this ride is that it doesn't even invert at all.

That's exactly what baffles me. I feel like for this ride, they don't even need the shin guards either (except for the front seats of each car).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice photos! Kraken was my original #1 coaster starting in 2001 once I began to travel to parks outside my home base of Southern California. At that time it was the smoothest coaster I could remember riding although it's roughened a bit with age. My tastes in coasters have changed a lot since then but Kraken is still my favorite floorless and will always have a spot in my "sentimental top 10."

Here are a few of Kraken under construction in spring 2000

Thanks for those awesome photos!! I forget how awesome Kraken is. After having re-rode it this year, it's for sure one of my top floorless coasters. I love the "buried loop" and the "surprise" corkscrew after the tunnel. It's by far one of my favorite B&M's in Florida!

• 2 weeks later...

SeaWorld Orlando received a shipment from B&M late last month. At first this may not seem like much since the park has three other B&Ms, but the description says it's for roller coaster SF-A.

B&M identifies its coasters with a 3 letter code. The first two letters are the model and the last letter is the installation/sequence number. So the fact this coaster is A suggests it's the first in the SF line. Could the "SF" model represent the Surf Coaster that B&M filed a trademark for last year?

Ship1.thumb.PNG.49c60eab0e6a5c897f23a37e73dd699b.PNG

https://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/bolliger-mabillard

Ship2.thumb.PNG.e4ea46eb006cbb7056e25790c257ff3a.PNG

https://www.importgenius.com/suppliers/bolliger-mabillard

1096912268_SurfTrademark.thumb.PNG.e9b9f0add652acbcf92c2ddfc0580717.PNG

United States Patent and Trademark Office

I used to hate the B&M stand-ups, but in the past few years I've realized the key to riding them is to get your ears above the OSTR and the bike seat as low as possible. I like the leg-numbing forces, but I know not everyone does.

I think the most comfortable stand-up is probably Georgia Scorcher and I don't think it's a coincidence that was the last one built. I'm just interested to see what type of ride position the surf coaster puts riders in.

I am indifferent to stand-up coasters. I have learned how to ride them comfortably, but I will never prefer stand-up trains to regular sit-down trains.

When I hear "surf coaster," I think of a low-to-the-ground, motorbike-esque ride. Perhaps B&M is dipping into the launched family coaster market? This could be very interesting. Assuming we even make it to 2021... lol

Wasn't a "surf coaster" from B&M reported as being part of the expansion for Ocean park Hong Kong a a little while back? Seems like I remember seeing some concept art somewhere that looked like traditional B&M sit down trains just with 2 people across instead of 4, and a bunch of wave like turns. It's just concept art so take it with a grain of salt, but exciting project nonetheless.

SeaWorld may get 2 new for 2021 coasters!