TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

Bummer...I was loving all the Electric Ocean event information and finally have the chance to make it back to SWO after many year, but must go on a weekday when they will not have this awesome after hours event. Sigh...now I can only hang at SeaWorld until they kick me out at 6pm which doesn't seem like enough time for the steep cost to visit since I am not a FL resident or BG passholder.

• 2 weeks later...
So apparently track is showing up on site for the 2020 coaster? All I'm going off of is this instagram post but can anyone confirm?

It is. I would share a video confirming it, but it's from someone this site does not approve of. You can search YouTube for "SeaWorld Orlando 2020 Roller Coaster Construction" and you will see it.

Kind of a random post, but I put on my old Kraken shirt today, and got to thinking about how amazing it is that a t-shirt I bought on my Honeymoon back in 2001, still looks really good, and doesn't have any holes or places where the graphics have faded away (not to mention, it still fits!) My son got a Steel Vengeance shirt at CP early last year, and it's already ripped at the seams in a number of places, and my Valravn shirt started looking faded out the same year I got it! And don't even get me started on the Banshee Media Day shirt that looked like crap after one wash! So, I jiust wanted to give a shout out to the SEAS apparel maker (It says Gildan Activewear on the tag), at least in regard to the manufacture of this particular shirt!

20190820_155720.thumb.jpg.0bbf45ceb700117f0024ed7e258a374f.jpg

BTW, I heard the 2020 announcement planned for today was pushed back. Does anybody know of a new date?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Remember to WAIT until an admin posts the information about the big new coaster, do NOT post it before. We will get it up super fast here and if you're dying to see it as it happens watch our Twitter and Instagram Stories as we'll be posting live there starting before 10am!

NEW ROLLER COASTERS “ICE BREAKER” AND “IRON GWAZI” AMPLIFY THRILLS AT SEAWORLD AND BUSCH GARDENS

With a new waterslide also coming to Adventure Island in 2020, it’s never been a better time to be a Pass Member

Orlando, Fla. (September 12, 2019) – Today, SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay revealed details regarding NEW attractions coming to the parks in 2020. This marks the first time in four years that both parks have launched new coasters in the same year, in addition to a new water slide in Tampa. SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Pass Members will be among the first to experience the new attractions.

Ice Breaker – Opening Spring 2020 at SeaWorld Orlando

1568306079-1331e8ac8ad5684c42eb48411b20f8e7.thumb.jpg.59934822ad0023fcb512686123b0bd99.jpg

1568306083-6699f0ee45cd55b769826c43ed3a079e.thumb.jpg.f8534c0b1df37ad2112b0f1c13be19bc.jpg

Making its debut in spring 2020, riders will shiver through family friendly adventures on SeaWorld Orlando’s first launch coaster: Ice Breaker™. Named after the icy Arctic summits, Ice Breaker will feature four launches, both backwards and forwards, culminating in a reverse launch into the steepest beyond vertical drop in Florida — a 93-foot tall spike with 100-degree angle.

Located near the Wild Arctic Attraction, the ride’s theme is reflective of this area with a nod to Ice Breaker’s conservation partner, Alaska SeaLife Center. Primarily dedicated to marine research, education and wildlife response, the Alaska SeaLife Center mission matches closely to SeaWorld Orlando’s, making them a perfect partner to help educate riders about the Artic and its inhabitants.

"The Alaska SeaLife Center is excited to grow our partnership with SeaWorld. For many years, SeaWorld has been a stalwart supporter of the Center, and particularly our Wildlife Response program,” said Tara L. Riemer, President and CEO of Alaska SeaLife Center. “We are grateful for SeaWorld's contributions of funding and staff over the years to further our mission. This new collaboration will continue efforts to highlight Arctic rescue and conservation stories.”

The opening of Ice Breaker is the perfect addition to SeaWorld’s ever-growing ride portfolio. From the roller coaster thrills of Mako, Manta and Kraken, to the water rapids of Infinity Falls and the flume fun of Journey to Atlantis, Ice Breaker joins the park’s famed attractions as a must-do experience in Orlando.

Best value for Floridians – Enjoy all NEW rides with an Annual Pass!

With three ALL-NEW attractions to enjoy, there has never been a better time to be a SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Annual Pass Member. Upon the launch of each attraction, Pass Members will enjoy EXCLUSIVE RIDE TIME on Iron Gwazi, Ice Breaker and Solar Vortex.

For 2020, the best value for Floridians is the FOUR PARK PASS, which includes admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, Adventure Island, SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica Orlando. In addition to exciting NEW rides coming next spring, guests who purchase an annual pass today can enjoy fan-favorite events included with their park admission in Orlando and Tampa. In the fall, there’s Sesame Street Kids’ Weekends and Halloween Spooktacular. Then, as the holidays draw near, visitors can experience the magic of Christmas Town and SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration. And for culinary connoisseurs, the spring brings the Food &Wine Festival and the Seven Seas Food Festival to the parks. For pass holders, there’s something for everyone all year at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

For more information on Fun Cards, Annual Passes, and daily admission, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com and BuschGardensTampa.com

Free mints at the end of the ride!

1fe0e07c991be6b00828c21768987ce0.jpg

Now with cooling crystals![emoji769]

I thought SeaWorld would have learned their lessons about artist renderings with Antarctica... but alas, people will think this ride will literally come down a mountain. And go through water. And then wait 6 hours and complain that it's nothing like the picture. (I opened Antarctica, so... yeah)

Anyway, looks cool! I'll be there in 2020 between this and the Iron alligator thing nearby.

Thanks for the coverage!

Edited by anonymouscactus

Free mints at the end of this ride? That I can dig!

This is awesome! Because of Busch Gardens in both Williamsburg and Tampa are constructing new coasters and Seaworld Orlando is putting in a launch coaster in the Arctic Section (good choice to put their next coaster there), I am planning on purchasing a Platinum Season Pass for the 2020 season. I'll have plenty of visits at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Watercountry USA, and will visit Busch Gardens Tampa and Seaworld Orlando when I go to Orlando next August for my vacation.

And to think that wasn't originally in my plans . . . until those announcements were made. This is gonna be fun!

. . . and if this year's visit to Busch Gardens was the prelude, then next year's visits are going to be the three acts and the encores!

It looks like Ice Breaker will be a good addition to the park, it seems as though they've been adding mostly thrill focused rides or kids focused stuff so something kind of in between will be good for them. I think SeaWorld is doing a very good job of (relatively) quickly switching the focus from animal shows to rides and theming. Hopefully it's paying off for them.

I thought SeaWorld would have learned their lessons about artist renderings with Antarctica... but alas, people will think this ride will literally come down a mountain. And go through water. And then wait 6 hours and complain that it's nothing like the picture. (I opened Antarctica, so... yeah)

"Why am I not cold after I ride this ride? It's still hot as f%!!"

I'm loving these SEAS 2020 additions. They've really ramped it up this year! I hope this new direction fares well for the parks. Since people are getting jaded with the animal stuff, and there's really no way to compete with Disney and Universal with experiential and IP-themed rides, I hope opening record-breaking coasters puts them back on the "must visit" list for Orlando/Tampa travelers and locals who have stopped visiting the parks.

Looks fantastic. We were already planning a trip back next year to SWO and BGT so now its just that much sweeter. I find it interesting how similar this and Pantheon are on paper - the spikes, the multiple launches, the shuttle aspects, but they went with two different manufactures.

I'm still amazed that they've gone with 5 different top manufacturers for their 2020 additions, its really something. Thrilled to know I'll be riding at least three of them.