TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 417 - Fury back open now with 100% less crack!

Carowinds confirmed via Facebook comments that they will record a video of Fury 325's first test run next week (probably just off-ride footage and not a POV). Once it is posted, the complaining will begin .

While I still like them on B&M's smaller coasters, having one on a hyper is pretty awkward and just doesn't feel right, so I'm glad they've been eliminated from those designs at least.

It might look a bit awkward, but it's also the reason that Raging Bull's 65°(208') drop is one of the best on a steel coaster anywhere despite the increasingly taller and steeper drops that have been built since. The world would be a better place if they hadn't engineered it out of their designs.

While I still like them on B&M's smaller coasters, having one on a hyper is pretty awkward and just doesn't feel right, so I'm glad they've been eliminated from those designs at least.

It might look a bit awkward, but it's also the reason that Raging Bull's 65°(208') drop is one of the best on a steel coaster anywhere despite the increasingly taller and steeper drops that have been built since. The world would be a better place if they hadn't engineered it out of their designs.

I haven't ridden Raging Bull, but I have ridden Apollo's Chariot and Nitro, and I prefer no predrop. Maybe Raging Bull has a better profile than AC? But I find that the back seat of Nitro gives superior air to AC. It's just so floaty and amazing. Hell I think I even prefer Hydra's drop in the back to AC. I still think the best approach for a world class steel drop though is to rocket riders up the lift at 15+ miles and hour and just throw you over the drop like i305, Skyrush, or El Toro back in the day. I love me some Intamin, but I'm glad B&M also exists to make rides that are just pure fun. The drop on Fury is gonna be pure floaty bliss.

I haven't ridden Raging Bull, but I have ridden Apollo's Chariot and Nitro, and I prefer no predrop. Maybe Raging Bull has a better profile than AC?

Apollo feels a bit different- I think the long post-dip straightaway is what takes some of that kick away.

Okay, so this gives us somewhere between three and seven days to prepare for the onslaught of comments about how slow it looks based on the first run. I think that's enough time.

Very accurate.

I mean just judging by the reaction of the dummies, this is clearly the most force less B&M coaster ever built

I just got a hell of a lot more excited for this coaster, and the prospect that I just might get the chance to ride it! I think it's great that B&M has entered into the giga coaster market; I'm intrigued to see how their design evolves, as I'm sure there are more parks that could benefit from one of these massive coasters.