TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

I had the idea of a skiing coaster.

You would go up this massive flight of stairs and there would be these skiing trains at the top.

There are multiple cars in a train, each car is one-rider. There are two skis where people would put their feet and also some sort of restraint to go over the riders, as well as a back, leg and head rest. At either end of the car, there are two large white poles, which goes halfway up the backrest. At this point, it goes into the backrest. When the ride starts, the train starts going down this slope, with the actual track camouflaging into the slope. Occasionally, there would be these ramps and slopes and these are where those white poles come into play. The entire car is rotated by those white poles, simulating doing tricks mid-air. This would go on, with the track going down the slope, swerving around trees and other obstacles, also doing tricks. At the end, there would be this massive cliff, where tons of tricks would be done in the air because of the white poles and the track. Eventually at the bottom, you hit the brake run and turn around a bit. You then hit the station to get off. The train of skis then makes its long ascension back up to the entrance.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, my turn for an idea.

Since observing intense traditional wood coasters like Voyage and Ghostrider, I've been thinking about an alternative long-term wood track solution to RMC's topper track. One that could be easily installed on any traditional wood coaster, and could drastically reduce maintenance needs in a similar fashion.

Instead of replacing the top two layers of wood track, what if you replaced the BOTTOM two layers with a solid beam of steel. We've seen similar track work done on rides like American Eagle and the old Colossus where they had I-beams in place of the bottom layers of wood, but this would use a rectangular 4x12 steel beam as the base layer on top of the super-structure. This could potentially keep a wood coaster running smoothly for years and it still have the traditional look and feel since you're still riding on a traditional wood stack. It would be really cool to see Gravity Group or GCI implement this idea to compete with RMC's topper track.

My quote, from another thread...

...Personally, I would enclose that Mexico Fun House, and then hit it with tons of lights and special effects,

all to do with the CHUPACABRA chasing after everybody! Popping out in unexpected places.

MexicoFunHOuse.jpg.b3fa901efaad7d88d31040965e2a6548.jpg

I think it could be turned into a pretty freaked out scarehouse.

Disney should hurry up their process and just take over the world already. Imagine it! Everything would be bright and colorful and everything would be song instead of spoken. Of course, being Jewish would suck.

That would get awful real fast

I had a dream last night where I watched a video of this crazy coaster.

It was like one of those crazy coaster simulator things that flip and turn all over the place, but it was actually mounted on top of a coaster car on a track.

Looked awesome in the dream but would probably be an awful idea in real life, but who knows 10 years from now!

Disney should hurry up their process and just take over the world already. Imagine it! Everything would be bright and colorful and everything would be song instead of spoken. Of course, being Jewish would suck.

If Disney takes over the world, I'm going to go live on Deep Space Nine.

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy Idea: that Tokyo Disneyland will create the new Alice In Wonderland attraction the following ways:

1) Trackless caterpillar vehicles that twist and turn, tilt, AND go uphill and downhill, too! Or use with

elevators themed to the story line.

3) Three levels of travel. Using the HUGE old IAsW building can make for a pretty total

environmental Wonderland, I bet.

3) Load area inside the inside the old IAsW building as before , but within a huge hedge of

flowers and blooms that people board the caterpillars in. And seeing other vehicles poking

out here and there at the three different levels of travelling route.

AliceInWonderlandDLR.jpg.fa2d03ea6701e5af4238fe48eea9db37.jpg

What the old Disneyland art concept of AiW originally looked like. Thanks to MouseHub.com for the photo of the artwork.

AliceInWonderlandDLRalt.jpg.7841f81c39a4e2a52964f731ac28fc03.jpg

The ride vehicles. This would/could work great on a

trackless, motion vehicle base! (o:

AliceEntryway.jpg.4bd9444e1ed51340f84f9824bc9dfae8.jpg

Front view Alice facade concept art. Everything above looks possible to me. From TDLR publicity.

With the Queen of Hearts Restaurant to the left of this, it looks like an entrance back there to "something."

AliceAttraction.jpg.db8c60f85645a7b7da4c0715873dd393.jpg

"Roughly," view of new Alice area from above, where It's A Small World used to be.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I'm still waiting for the tilt coaster off the Stratosphere in Vegas. A "real" tilt coaster. Not X-Scream. You know, where the track travels the entire distance of the tower.

I know I heard plans for this many years ago, but there were complaints from near by residents about potential noise problems.

How's this for a "crazy idea" that will likely never happen:

Star-Flyers - That's right. A typical star flyer, but with Larson flyers attached to it rather than the usual swing seats.

This would likely be the most terrifying ride to ever exist.

Uhmm... ill 1-up you for that one because something worse exists.

I have a idea for a compressed air launched B&M flying coaster.

So the train goes into the Flying position in the station (obviously), and turns right. The ride stops for a 5 seconds until you get blasted at 0-70 mph in 1 sec. The train then goes through a pretzel loop that's interlocked with another pretzel loop at the end of the ride. You then experience -2 g's in a zero g roll. You go through a horseshoe (not a horseshoe roll), and then a Norwegian loop. You then enter a Jr. Immelmann, and a inline twist. There's a MCBR, and then a helix. After the helix you go through a airtime hill, and then the 2nd pretzel loop, a banked curve, a airtime hill, then you enter the brake run.

• 2 weeks later...

I came across a patent of a weird ride.

So in the first place, we're all getting attached to a strange mushroom-looking thing...

DE102013007143B4_0002.png

Your cables are attached to what looks like a plane wing (7), and underneath those are huge fans...

DE102013007143B4_0003.png

Once the fans starts rotating, it creates an air flow that will lift your wing, and thus makes you "fly".

DE102013007143B4_0004.png

It looks like a weird Alien ritual. Ok since it has no name on the patent, I shall name it the Weird Alien ritual Ride