TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

I remember seeing a concept for a flat ride a while back...I can't remember if it was authentic or one of our own concoctions. Basically, it was a Zamperla Air Race, except the center was on a tower and the whole thing could lift up like an Aviator or a Starflyer. Am I imagining a real Zamperla idea? For some reason I'm thinking it had something to do with their plan for operating Rye Playland.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my crazy Idea.

This is Green Lantern's last season at Magic Mountain. This is because it will be moved to Six Flags St. Louis, and an S&S Free Spin is going where Green Lantern was at Magic Mountain. This way, the park can hold the world record for 'Most Batman Themed Coasters.' (Even though Six Flags America also had 3 Batman character themed coasters once.)

Why not just rename it Robin the Ride?

I say Six Flags St. Louis should get an S&S Free Spin coaster, put it next their Batman: The Ride coaster and call it Robin: The Ride. Six Flags needs a coaster that's themed around Robin, Batman had his share of rides at Six Flags!

I remember seeing a concept for a flat ride a while back...I can't remember if it was authentic or one of our own concoctions. Basically, it was a Zamperla Air Race, except the center was on a tower and the whole thing could lift up like an Aviator or a Starflyer. Am I imagining a real Zamperla idea? For some reason I'm thinking it had something to do with their plan for operating Rye Playland.

Yeah, zamperla released plans for that concept. I've heard SFNE is looking into one!

^^ How about a GIGANTIC sign in that spot that says "Cuda Falls WAS here and we're never, EVER going to build anything other than this sign in its place."

Yeah right, might as well have Darien Lake move that old rusty pile of Intamin coaster tracks from Six Flags Astroworld into where 'Cuda Falls and have it be placed next whatever's left of Floodgate Falls and put a giant billboard sign that says "'Cuda Falls was here and we turned this area into our dumping ground for old scrap rides that are rotting until the cows come home!".

From My Imagineering Armchair...

I am speculating about what will go in a specific area of the Fantasyland expansion in Tokyo DL.

It's all blue sky, but some of it IS reported to happen.

The ??? on the first artist concept drawing is the 'expansion' part, that will take over 1/2 half of

the TomorrowLand building. It's supposed to be turned into a new restaurant that will afford

street views of the parades that pass by, two floors up! The concept is there with the quote

about it's possibility.

The rest of this section is up for grabs, as far as I can make out of the artist concept art.

However, it appears the coaster in Toon Town has become part of the expansion, IMhO. It

could be a clone of Seven Dwarfs. (top left corner) Could be. And the "Beauty & Beast"

attraction could be a clone of the Be Our Guest Restaurant, like in WDW. Or not.

I am blue skying the idea, that this is the entrance to a tea cups like attraction, but on STEROIDS!

You take the ball room scene from the movie, throw in the patent application Disney made for the

posted ride layout (during Shanghai's construction), which was like the teacups, but with all kitchen

stuff, and they went up and down, too! And Lumiere in the middle being the animatronic conducting

it all. Soundtrack is an easy re-do of "Be Our Guest" of course. Now this would be the fourth such

spinner attraction in the park. But still. This would be definitely different, from atmosphere

(indoors) to the whole set up and application.

I also realize the concept may be being already used for Hunny Pot Spin in Shanghai DL.

But till we know...

Works for me, right now, lol.

TDL_Fantasyland_Full_Revision_copyright-gallery-2-700x325alt.jpg.c7634142e66662c1a76e24d529e03a3c.jpg

The section in question.

thumb_image_9595alt.jpg.25fadeb8fae839764d086739f8928e52.jpg

The view along the parade route.

thumb_image_9595alta.jpg.ed23a2017baf240c29fb9d1856a9c6f7.jpg

The possiblity/probablity of such a thing happening.

HunnyPotSpin-maybe1.png.e16eb0801e88a6ae77222cf682bcf27d.png

How the "cup" works, going up and down, as well as round and round...and round, lol.

HunnyPotSpin-maybe2.png.e4d84a9260972cbc659f2c9654407d98.png

Overview. And Lumiere is in the middle of it all, there. (You could also add Mrs.Potts, Cogsworth,

and Madame Bouche' {the clothes closet?} AAs on the three smaller circles of 'stuff'? Could happen, too.)

HunnyPotSpin-maybe3.png.29637cd732a74dcd7a5bcd520d54a51e.png

The concept with kitchen stuff. Works for me. And the "columns" suggest the edge of the ballroom/queueing.

So my idea for Cedar Point's new dive coaster would be a coaster called "Cannonball" or something cannon related. It would be themed to the Battle of Lake Erie in the War of 1812. The station would be themed to an old warship. The coaster train would have lights on the back of the train. The ride photo spot would be at the bottom of the drop, so at night, it would give the illusion of a falling cannonball and the light from the camera would make it look like it exploded. The ride track would be white and the supports would be red or blue. Just an idea, it'll probably never happen.

• 3 weeks later...
I introduce you the Arm-Lift DUO. It took me three years to figure out how to manage two arms at a time, but here I am!

(Learn more on my Facebook page)

How do you not have a job in the industry yet? Your ideas are far more interesting than any new concepts coming out of actual ride manufacturers.

• 4 weeks later...

Just brainstorming out loud here... Does a motion-simulator seat that goes from a sitting down position to a floorless stand-up position seems appealing, or is a no-no?

Just assume that I have a technical solution for that (and I nearly do, at least I think that could work on a technical standpoint). And that would occurs without warning.

The ride would be the following:

You enter a StarTour-like motion simulator cabin. You take a seat, close your vest harness and begin the journey into space. The screen isn't the glass panel, but an IMAX dome further apart instead. Think of the Simpsons or Star Trek The Experience.

And then, during your trip, you get hit by whatever and your spaceship explodes. Smoke, lights, heat, vibrations helps the transition... Because there, your cabin is literally blown up and you're launched into deep space, all on your own... You are now standing up, and nothing is in front of you anymore, only the giant screen (even if your where sitting in the third row of the cabin). Think of Soarin'.

This video is basically how it would work. Watch it to get accustomed with the concept:

My version would be on a smaller scale though. While horizontal, that's the cabin part. And the transition from horizontal to vertical is the explosion sequence, where I'd add the transition from sitting down to standing up that's I'm not sure about.

I have yet to find a satisfying solution for the cabin's disparition, but basically it would open in half lengthwise and the two parts would rotate behind the floor. Remember, my version is way smaller than Dynamic Attractions'.

Anyways, I know you might be thinking "what the heck he is talking about?", but all I want to know is if a motion-simulator seat that goes from a sitting down position to a floorless stand-up position seems a good idea or not.

I introduce you the Arm-Lift DUO. It took me three years to figure out how to manage two arms at a time, but here I am!

(Learn more on my Facebook page)

Dude...what in the name of sweet crispy Jesus is going on here? Whatever it is I LIKE IT!

You need to sell this idea to a manufacturer

• 6 months later...

THIS:

The enthusiast who beat RMC at their own game, and came up with the TREX concept for a school project

I say they should start asking RMC for a percentage of their profits on each TREX coaster sold!

Seriously though, this will be great to compare to whatever RMC shows us at IAAPA in a few weeks!