TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ I don't know but I've noticed that several more recent B&Ms don't make that fantastic roar and probably it really is because it is more "family friendly". However, as CP already has mantis and raptor (which is quite near the entry) making this roaring sound they might not "silence it", right? Or maybe they will, who knows?

Edited by rcjp

So I'm going in August with some buds, we've never gotten fast passes at CP before so I have some n00b questions.

I understand prices aren't out yet, but how was it in the past? Is it $50 for a group of 4, or $50 each...for a group of 4?

Also how does it work? A set amount of rides, 20 I'll say, that you can choose to spend how you want on eligible rides?

Can it be purchased online?

Edit: I hope it roars, doesn't feel right without it!

As For fastpass you can ride all the big rides with it,as many times as you would like that day. Last year a party of four was i think 50 bucks per person. the normal wait with fast pass was about 15 min if not less.

Yes you can order online

Edited by thepoint4life23

FastLane goes down $5 from the single pass price the more you buy.

So if for one, its $65 but you buy 2, they're $60 each, 3 for $55 each, until 5 or more, then it's a flat rate of $45. At least that's how last years went. Cedar Point, I believe its 25 rides this year, including Gatekeeper. After buying it, you can use it as many times as you want on any of the FastLane rides for the whole day, no limits, no timed expiration. Prices should reflect on how successful it was last year, but also keep in mind, it could be $5 more on Saturdays if they do that again.

These can be purchased ahead of time online, you'll just have to go to the main FastLane booth at the front of the park to redeem them.

It's completely worth it from what friends said when they were using them last year. Think they said they waiting about 15 minutes for a majority of them, including Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster, think the longest they had was Maverick, but that's understandable cause of the way the ride is ran.

So if for one, its $65 but you buy 2, they're $60 each, 3 for $55 each, until 5 or more, then it's a flat rate of $45. At least that's how last years went. Cedar Point, I believe its 25 rides this year, including Gatekeeper. After buying it, you can use it as many times as you want on any of the FastLane rides for the whole day, no limits, no timed expiration. Prices should reflect on how successful it was last year, but also keep in mind, it could be $5 more on Saturdays if they do that again.

These can be purchased ahead of time online, you'll just have to go to the main FastLane booth at the front of the park to redeem them.

It's completely worth it from what friends said when they were using them last year. Think they said they waiting about 15 minutes for a majority of them, including Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster, think the longest they had was Maverick, but that's understandable cause of the way the ride is ran.

Thanks! This was a ton of help.

Yeah, last year we did 2 days and the rest of em fizzled out by noon on Day 2, and are quite impatient. 30 mins is their acceptable limite and 45 tops

So I suggested one day, but with fast passes if worth it, and souns like it certainly is. Especially since the big ones were always swamped...we ended up riding the mine ride, slow car drives, and Blue Streak endlessly!

OMG, enthusiast nit picking The complaining about the Gaps have surpassed Yolo's coasters backward launch and St louis getting an old boomerang.

As Wes already pointed out, more people have complained about the people complaining than have actually complained. Say that five times fast.

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

I am also making my first trip to Cedar Point this summer. I have seen on this thread many times about getting a fast pass during the busy season. While I expect a place like Cedar Point to have lines at all times. Does anyone have thoughts on what I might expect in mid July, mid week?

Yeah, they may not run out of FastLane, but I think they do stop selling them about 2/3rds of the way into the day. I know Kings Island did that when we went last year as I noticed around 4p, the booths were closed.

I'd make up your mind whether or not you want to buy them before 1p if you decide not to buy them online beforehand.

Thanks guys, deff gunna do it online. Just way worry about the hassle and running out?

1st time getting fast lane, but will be my 6th time to the Point! Must say...is kinda nice being older now and I can just go without needing to make a family vacation of it! 3 years in a row it'll be

Never been there during the summer but I imagine crowds will be huge.

Which is why I always go early/late season. In May/Late August crowds really aren't too bad, least all the times I've been there. Exception being big rides, which always have like 2 hours. Besides that, can get most done in a day.

I used to be opposed to fast pass, but honestly....I just never had money and when you're coming from 8 hours away and can't take off too much work...it'll be nice to do everything in one day opposed to two.

I used to be opposed to fast pass, but honestly....I just never had money and when you're coming from 8 hours away and can't take off too much work...it'll be nice to do everything in one day opposed to two.

Exactly! I don't know why enthusiasts would be so opposed to the idea of fast passes when it really saves a lot of money in contrast to going two days instead of one. "But people cut in front of me in line and I don't feel like paying extra!" On rides such as Raptor, even on a busy day, they let like 150 an hour through, which is only 5 or 6 trains on raptor. That's like an extra 5 minutes per hour. That's not that bad!

There are rides without fast lane, though. Ride those first! They're kind of the less popular rides so there's never a line in the morning. Then you have all day to use fast lane and ride everything even faster!

Thanks! This was a ton of help.

Yeah, last year we did 2 days and the rest of em fizzled out by noon on Day 2, and are quite impatient. 30 mins is their acceptable limite and 45 tops

So I suggested one day, but with fast passes if worth it, and souns like it certainly is. Especially since the big ones were always swamped...we ended up riding the mine ride, slow car drives, and Blue Streak endlessly!

Actually last year a group of 4 was $35.00, because that is what we paid. Group of 3 and it was $40.00, buying 2 Fast Lane and it was $45.00, and a single Fast Lane was $50.00. I do believe that half way through the year they raised the minimum to $40.00 as a group of 4 or more, but really 40 bucks to ride is fantastic.

We got on Raptor last year and rode it twice in 15 minutes on a Friday while the posted wait time was 1.5 hours........Fast Lane was so so worth it. Going again this year and will be getting Fast Lane again, I am not driving 11 hours to wait in line.

To my knowledge, Gatekeeper, Hydra and iSpeed are the only rides with an inclined dive loop. How does it ride on Hydra? Are they as good, if not better, than an inclined loop?

My memory is a bit foggy of Hydra's, but it's very interesting. Like an extreme, extreme overbank. But it went by really fast, since it is the first element. But with this one being taken much more slowly and in winged seats, it'll be quite an experience.