TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Are people really going to flock to the park just because it's open if they didn't limit attendance? The parks in Korea had no restrictions and never closed throughout the pandemic and Lotte World was seeing only 2,000 people on a Friday and about 4000 on Saturday. Before the closure Sunday they only had 1,100 people by 1 PM. It seems fear itself kept enough people away. And this is a country where people are taking off their masks because it's hot as soon as they're past the bus driver or station master on a mandatory 'no mask, no ride' policy on public transportation.

Some predictions put it at least a 90% drop in attendance without any restrictions just by people staying away of their own free will. I wonder how many people will attend now the parks had a confirmed case once it reopens tomorrow. It'd be a perfect time to visit the parks but I seem to be getting so many restrictions as a teacher. I know my school was interviewing students and teachers and any who had been to Lotte World on the weekend (none as far as I could tell) would not be allowed entry. I already got made redundant once due to COVID 19 and a school closing down so sadly I have to jump through the paranoid parent's hoops and avoid the places for a while

Are people really going to flock to the park just because it's open if they didn't limit attendance? The parks in Korea had no restrictions and never closed throughout the pandemic and Lotte World was seeing only 2,000 people on a Friday and about 4000 on Saturday. Before the closure Sunday they only had 1,100 people by 1 PM. It seems fear itself kept enough people away. And this is a country where people are taking off their masks because it's hot as soon as they're past the bus driver or station master on a mandatory 'no mask, no ride' policy on public transportation.

This is a total guess but I don't think we actually know the answer to that. I could see people flocking to the parks because they've been stuck at home for 3 months or I could see people staying away. I'm not sure they know what to expect so they're probably just trying to make sure they aren't overwhelmed with a crowd larger than what they're expecting.

I think we all just need to acknowledge that it is the park's decision to require face masks or not. If wearing one makes you uncomfortable, don't go. If not wearing one makes you uncomfortable or feel unsafe, don't go. We were all given this beautiful thing called free will. We don't own Cedar Point nor are we on their board of operations or in the Ohio government. Either way the park chooses, it will still be there in 2021, I guarantee.

It's the right of any private business to require facemasks while on their property. Again, I agree, if you as an individual do not like or agree to the policy just don't go until things change. Don't expect a park to make exceptions for you purely out of "customer service." Don't get angry if and when it's enforced. Don't go planning to be a madlad and break the rules out of your own entitlement. Please don't be an a**hole. This is effecting everyone, not just yourself.

I think we all just need to acknowledge that it is the park's decision to require face masks or not. If wearing one makes you uncomfortable, don't go. If not wearing one makes you uncomfortable or feel unsafe, don't go. We were all given this beautiful thing called free will. We don't own Cedar Point nor are we on their board of operations or in the Ohio government. Either way the park chooses, it will still be there in 2021, I guarantee.

While mask will be mandated at Cedar Point, i highly doubt it'll actually be enforced other than entering admission gates if that, for multiple reasons.

[*]They just don't have enough staffing (especially with no international workers) to enforce this policy

[*]It would cause a scene to kick a guest out not wearing a mask, possibly giving Cedar Fair bad publicly in an already heated season

[*]There are multiple circumstances (autism, asthma and other respiratory issues, kids having a fit) where a mask is inappropriate

[*]Cedar Fair probably has to have a mask policy for the state of Ohio to allow for reopening, but I don't really believe the park really cares for it.

[*]Mask are not a force field of protection and do not work like that, especially in a crowded environment like a theme park

While yes it's a policy Cedar Point has enacted, I doubt it'll cause much issue for guests that do not wear a mask, If you're in a crowded place like a theme park than you should accept all liability of any viruses that is out of anyone's control (Which COVID19 is not what we feared and way less scary than the media has made it out to be). Most policy's businesses have concerning COVID19 are security theatre and really only to get people out and into their business and permission to open, they don't really do much for protection.

Edited by TheThemParkFan

^ As far as I know CF/CP hasnt made a decision on masks yet, at least not publicly. One thing working in the favor of those against masks is that Ohio doesnt have a mandatory mask order in effect (and their numbers are still low, which should tell you something about mask rules)

^ As far as I know CF/CP hasnt made a decision on masks yet, at least not publicly. One thing working in the favor of those against masks is that Ohio doesnt have a mandatory mask order in effect (and their numbers are still low, which should tell you something about mask rules)
From my understanding of the "Sun and Fun" package (the hotel breakers/light house point opening this month without the park) requires all hotel staff and asking guest to wear a mask whenever possible on property and will also have all guest undergo a temperature check during the checkin process.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/vacation/packages/sun-and-fun/safety-procedures

But like I said, I doubt it'll be a No-mask no service thing, it's just a policy for Ohio to let them open up, it'd be ridiculous to see all the people wearing a mask on the beach or swimming in the pools.

Edited by TheThemParkFan

I'm curious to see what they'll do with the ticket + Fast Lane Plus combo deals that people have purchased. I bought 2 myself on Black Friday. I'll gladly save them until next year if they'll be valid, and instead go this year using a normal ticket.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Released for Worlds of Fun as they're the first park to open, but filmed at KI and narrated by Tony, so it's safe to assume it'll be the same video for all parks.

If you don't want to wear a mask, THEN DON'T GO!

GEEZ!

Cedar Point (and any other theme park) is a PRIVILEGE not a right. So sick of these selfish people and their myriad of excuses. The fact is wearing a mask protects OTHERS who may be more vulnerable to COVID 19 from getting sick.

When did people become such selfish bastards??

GEEZ!

Cedar Point (and any other theme park) is a PRIVILEGE not a right. So sick of these selfish people and their myriad of excuses. The fact is wearing a mask protects OTHERS who may be more vulnerable to COVID 19 from getting sick.

Unsure if this is a general statement or was directed to me since I posted the video.. But I agree. I wear a mask anytime I go out in public, I work in pharma so I wear one all day at work. And I think people who think it's so terrible are, well.. selfish. It's literally the easiest thing to do to keep yourself and others safe until an effective vaccine is available.

I'm not against the masks for the short term. But, it's a good thing I'm not vulnerable to COVID 19, because then I'd have to make the responsible decision not to go to a crowded theme park.

I'm glad I didn't see any mention of electronic queuing.

GEEZ!

Unsure if this is a general statement or was directed to me since I posted the video.. But I agree. I wear a mask anytime I go out in public, I work in pharma so I wear one all day at work. And I think people who think it's so terrible are, well.. selfish. It's literally the easiest thing to do to keep yourself and others safe until an effective vaccine is available.

Not directed at you at all! I apologize if you saw it that way!

Just getting SO tired of people complaining about this! I live and work in Orlando. It is WAY hotter down here. Yes, it's uncomfortable, but it is what we ALL must do to insure the health of our fellow man.

And after awhile, you get used to it.

Or...the other option...don't ever open the parks at all.

I will stick with option 1!

I have no issue with masks. Heck, I bought a pair of goggles to wear. I don't care about how goofy I'll look. I'll probably wear a cloth mask as my P100 respirator gets uncomfortable after a while. Looking forward to a CP/KI combo in July!

I'm not against the masks for the short term. But, it's a good thing I'm not vulnerable to COVID 19, because then I'd have to make the responsible decision not to go to a crowded theme park.

I'm glad I didn't see any mention of electronic queuing.

Me too. A shame (for me) about the date though...just misses my 4th of July vacation time.

You're glad now, but remember that when you're in line for Maverick watching them send trains with 6 riders all day long.

PS: Is it too early to congratulate the Gatekeeper crew for most riders by a f*cking mile? I feel like it was built for this...

003.thumb.jpg.3bb75250ce245a2f1a4f3784020d9e3b.jpg

Edited by coasterbill

Yeah, I feel like there's a chance that all the B&M's (especially Gatekeeper and Valravn) can run every row as they may be far enough apart but they also can't put 2 groups of 2 together on any of them and Valravn probably needs to put a gap between every party. Gatekeeper doesn't have to change a single thing other than not putting singles together.

Edited by coasterbill

I have no issue with masks. Heck, I bought a pair of goggles to wear. I don't care about how goofy I'll look. I'll probably wear a cloth mask as my P100 respirator gets uncomfortable after a while. Looking forward to a CP/KI combo in July!

Unless you have Breakers reservations I wouldn't book anything until you know you're reservations are secure. I heard it may feel a little like playing the lottery at first due to the 20% capacity restriction for Ohio parks for phase 1. And there are A LOT of gold pass holders this season.