TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I still think its an aquatrax. HAHAHAHA Just kidding I actually never thought that. It looks friggin awesome though. I like the launch in total darkness so you can't expect it coming. That barrell roll is so close to the ground its crazy.

Looks like the wife and I are going to have to leave the new baby with grandma and make a trip to CP this year.

I agree, its going to be a fun ride.

Other than Maverick, what other Intamin launch coasters are opening up next year? There's that Desert Race ride somewhere, and the 'ball' coaster out in spain I believe(is it launched?).

Also, why must the train stop in the tunnel before being launched?

hans

The stats on the website say there are going to be two launches and eight air time filled hills.....I'm really confused.

The lift hill is going to be an LSM launched hill, kind of like Cali Screamin.

Should me an * on that two launches stat.

I like the looks of this. Should be a good fun ride.

Kind of sad the aquatrax taunting thread is gone though.

Other than Maverick, what other Intamin launch coasters are opening up next year? There's that Desert Race ride somewhere, and the 'ball' coaster out in spain I believe(is it launched?).

hans

The Ball coaster is in Finland. The Wingwalker is in Spain.

^^ Judging from the look of the 2 horses, I think Intamin just went with that logo for Maverick so certain members of the horse community wouldn't cry racist.

And after watching the POV, I really hope those trims on the hill right after the launch are only there for safety purposes...

Robb or Elissa- is there anyway we can get those videos in a downloadable format (not streaming)

I am kinda disapointed in the "offical" website- no CG video downloads

Hydra's was much better- lets hope they update more by the end of the day.

but I have a feeling that the "offical" vids are gonna be extra point uploads in the future.

EDIT-found them nevermind

Thanks, JEFF

Robb or Elissa- is there anyway we can get those videos in a downloadable format (not streaming)

I am kinda disapointed in the "offical" website- no CG video downloads

Hydra's was much better- lets hope they update more by the end of the day.

but I have a feeling that the "offical" vids are gonna be extra point uploads in the future.

Thanks, JEFF

I thought Quicktime downloads were available on the official site aswell as the iPod download.

hans

From what I know, the ball coasters have LSM propulsion around the entire course at a constant speed of some 40 miles per hour. And for the person that said it was in Finland, I though that there was one going to Linnamaki in Finland, and another prototype going somewhere in Spain?

Back on topic, Maverick looks great, definatly not what I was expecting. However, from what i've heard about the new Intamin OTSRs, those tight twists and turns should be painfull. I was expecting a bit more on the inversion front though, like maybe a vertical loop or a Immelmann type element. However, who excatly is IntaRide? is that just the name of Intamin's US division, or am I missing something?

^^ Judging from the look of the 2 horses, I think Intamin just went with that logo for Maverick so certain members of the horse community wouldn't cry racist.

I thought the parks make the logos

But who cares, back to maverick matters

I think this coaster looks like a winner

(by that I mean )

It was probably noted in an earlier post.... but I have to work and don't have time to search back...

LOL @ Trims after launch!

It was... But it still seems kinda stupid. Why not just slow the launch down instead?

-Andrew "Now I need to decide between CP and BGE for a park trip next year." R

Very interesting. Like PowderKeg, this coaster looks like it was built with the "fun" element in mind and I like that!

Surprised that many people haven't commented too much on it yet, but this ride looks a lot more extreme than people are giving it credit for. For example: Did anyone notice the speed that some of the camelback hills and the twist are taken at. I know it is only a rendering, but if it is anywhere close to accurate this thing should not be tame.