TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

On 8/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, boldikus said:

There are are only way too many mentions/rumors about it because enthusiasts are basically f*ckin' crackheads.

Well now that TT2 with the LSM swing launch is open and has had actual human riders I guess we can officially say that those f*ckin' crackhead enthusiasts were right for once. 

• Haha 2

And apparently had nothing else worthwhile going on over the last 18 months for a throwaway comment to live rent free in their heads like that...

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Hilltopper39 said:

Well now that TT2 with the LSM swing launch is open and has had actual human riders I guess we can officially say that those f*ckin' crackhead enthusiasts were right for once. 

Wow, I forgot there was ever even the debate about if TTD was going to become an LSM coaster or not.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 6:17 AM, coasternut said:

^ Media day was last Thursday. I thought possibly someone may have gone.

It's also open this upcoming weekend for passholder preview.

Good to know. Thanks

Rode TT2 for my first time this morning and all I can say is wow. Went in with low expectations, came off so pumped up I got right back in line for another lap. To me, it seems like more of a complete ride now. The backwards launch is unlike anything else I have been on and the trip up and over the top hat now is absolutely crazy. CP has a major hit on their hands and I am looking forward to riding again soon. 

• Like 10

^ I'll be there in a few weeks. I'm a little concerned that I've read it's rough in the last row. That's normally my go to row for most coasters. Did you experience that? Also this "locker thing" seems to be a mess. It seems like Steel Vengeance all over again from year one. What are your thoughts on this? I too have low expectations.

^ You know it's funny because I saw the vibration of the trains in the videos, but I honestly didn't even notice.  Both of my rides were on the blue train and I was assigned row 7 and then 9 (second from the back). You do feel a little bit of a shuffle, but the original Dragster had some shuffling as well, so I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. (Not sure how the other trains are though, so don't hold me to that!)

As for the lockers, I'd actually suggest renting one over at Magnum's entrance and then heading over to TT2. There should be less of a cluster of people just milling around not knowing how to operate the lockers, and retrieving things should also be way easier as I thought the TT2 locker area was a congested mess... and I went on a slow day! 

• Like 1

^ Thanks for your opinion. I appreciate your response. That locker situation concerns me. How can they design this ride, and last minute make this locker change? It's all Zamperla's fault -- right!!!

It is hard to tell Lawyers, Ride test brought things to light, Zamperla, Cedar point, Peoples inability to just be smart and put things away. 

I mean this thing is 420 feet and 120is MPH. Things happen.

I wish TT2 lockers was my biggest worry in life. 

They saved this ride and have been getting great reviews, just go ride the thing and stop worrying about something you have no control. 

• Like 1

Was there on Sunday/Monday. TT2 is insane going backwards and from what I'm hearing the silver train is the one that has shaky moments more than the other two trains. Sunday it broke down twice in line making a one hour wait closer to two and a half hours while Monday it didn't break down nearly as much and they pumped people through and didn't limit Fastlane riders to one ride like they were advertising a few weeks ago, though that might change later this year . 

This ride is easily top 4 in the park IMO and more reliable than Maverick or Steel Vengeance. It's also a better ride overall than its predecessor.

• Like 2

It bothers me that people think the locker situation was unplanned, regardless of what the park says. They're going to make money off of you however they can do it. It's business.

Pay an employee to help with free locker confusion vs. make money on locker rentals.

• Like 1

Considering how quickly the Zamperla Thunderbolt coasters seem to go from 'That was surprisingly smooth' to 'never again', maybe it's a good thing they're identifying issues and adjusting as early as possible.

Had a great day at the park yesterday, despite the sudden closure of TT2. Everything, except Gemini and Windseeker, seemed to be open and ran reliably all day.  Guest services also gave us rain check Fast Lane+ passes that can be used for TT2 on any other day for the rest of the season. Not sure if that was only this past weekend, or if they’ll distribute those the entire duration of the closure for those with FL+, but kudos to them for that. I’m also digging the different vibe in the TT2 area now, and excited to get back and ride it! 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, coasternut said:

Something must’ve happened for them to do this. I just wonder what?

don't want to spread rumors - because we just don't know what it is until they actually share.  

But sounds it *might* be something serious, and might involve some redesign of the trains.

guess we'll see how serious when they announce a reopening date (ie: short or long)

• Like 1

Well it is good that they identified a problem and are getting it addressed before anything happened. At the same time, it is less good that the whole stated mission of this Zamperla overhaul was increased uptime and it is down for an extended, unknown amount of time pretty much right out of the gate. Hopefully this is the one big issue the ride will have and it will be reliable going forward afterward. 

• Like 1

Well, to be completely fair, the bar for "more reliable" when it pertains to TT2 vs. TTD is pretty damn low.

• Haha 1