TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I've only had Pink's at the original location in California. Even then I was hesitant but we figured since it was the original and since we were right near it we would try it out. I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I always assumed the other locations weren't as good. Am I wrong in assuming that? If so maybe I'll give it a shot at Cedar Point.

I've been to the original and the one at Cedar Point, the original was way better imo. It was the first season for the one at CP so maybe it's improved since but I'd stick to the original.

Speaking of hot dogs and Cedar point, check out this hillarious video about corn dogs and millennium force. Just a heads up, there is some language used in this video so make sure the kids aren't around.

LOL that was f**king brilliant!!

I think one of the coolest parts about Cedar Point is the solid chance that a massive storm can brew up, tear through, and be gone within a couple hours. I'm talking a monsoon for 15 minutes and then 30 minutes later it's all sunny again like nothing happened.

This happened on the first day of my most recent trip and it was really exciting.

I also highly recommend going on a slow day. Combo with fun pix. Try and take ridiculous pics on Dragster. It's effing hard.

I agree! Years ago there was a heavy rain just as we got to the park so we had to hide under a tree by WildCat (RIP). The rest of that day had good weather from what I can remember.

Also, it can get HOT there. Another time I was there and I saw little ambulance carts going around. I'm guessing people were suffering from heat exhaustion as it had to be near 100 degrees that day.

Took a trip to battery park today, obviously won't post any pictures so take my word for it, that first turn after the drop looks insane. They added a ton of height to it. Track is going about 3/4 of the way up that hill. That and the little bit of track on the lift is all that is visible.

I'm still betting that they raise the height of New Mean Streak to 200+ft. Cedar Point is always going for records, and that'd give them the tallest wooden coaster, or tallest hybrid coaster, or whatever it gets classified as. . . And most likely the fastest too.

Hmmmm...

I don't understand why they haven't finished out the lift, or why they haven't worked on it for months. I guess they have their reasons, but I suppose it's to keep the 200ft thing under wraps so a competing park can't purchase something larger for the 2017 season? (Since, ya know, RMC Mean Streak is for 2018 )

Also, knowing Cedar, I could see them going for three records out of this one 200 lift hill: Tallest hybrid lift hill, tallest wooden structure on a roller coaster, and most additional amount of structure added to a previous ride.

Edited by RollerManic

I don't understand why they haven't finished out the lift, or why they haven't worked on it for months. I guess they have their reasons, but I suppose it's to keep the 200ft thing under wraps so a competing park can't purchase something larger for the 2017 season? (Since, ya know, RMC Mean Streak is for 2018;)).

The whole process has been quite peculiar, I guess we'll find out why soon enough

It's not that often that I see things with a new ride where I'm left wondering what I'm even looking at but this thing is shaping up to be absolutely amazing.

Same. I have absolutely no idea what's happening on the back half of that second hill. It could be Storm Chaser like, or, uhh, a quick jolt to the left before straightening out?

Edited by Mossed

I ran into a photo today from a location I won't be disclosing (so that you guys can't go searching for it.) No, I didn't go searching for it, but just happened to run into it as part of one of my social media feeds.

It crests about 45 degrees to the right with respect to the bottom of the hill and the ascending half of the crest has no banking, but the descending half begins to bank to the outside and continues to turn another 45 degrees to the right (clockwise).

I ran into a photo today from a location I won't be disclosing (so that you guys can't go searching for it.) No, I didn't go searching for it, but just happened to run into it as part of one of my social media feeds.

It crests about 45 degrees to the right with respect to the bottom of the hill and the ascending half of the crest has no banking, but the descending half begins to bank to the outside.

And banking REALLY far outward on the way down... It's nuts. I can't imagine how the forces will feel.

Could we be looking at a tophat with airtime down into a cockscrew Medusa/Storm Chaser like drop? Don't mind me I've been drinking.

No. The banking of the ledgers doesn't seem it will allow that, unless they can somehow incorperate it into the pullout (which I can't imagine physics would ever allow such a thing.

It crests about 45 degrees to the right with respect to the bottom of the hill and the ascending half of the crest has no banking, but the descending half begins to bank to the outside and continues to turn another 45 degrees to the right (clockwise).

I came across the same photo on one of my social media feeds today as well and boy does it look crazy, impossible, and amazing all at the same time!

Could we be looking at a tophat with airtime down into a cockscrew Medusa/Storm Chaser like drop? Don't mind me I've been drinking.

No. The banking of the ledgers doesn't seem it will allow that, unless they can somehow incorperate it into the pullout (which I can't imagine physics would ever allow such a thing.

Eh, I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the Medusa/Storm Chaser style drop. The ledgers are not complete for the entire dive down the turn, hell they aren't even complete for half of the turn, (or at least what we can see from said photo) and as extreme as the outward banking is, I could see them continuing the roll on over to create the inversion.

I just wish they would announce this thing so they could share pictures with us and we would be able to speculate on what elements will all be in this coaster.

Hell, they don't even need to announce it!! They park itself just needs to tease us with photos of New Mean Streak and I'll be happy!!

I just wish they would announce this thing so they could share pictures with us and we would be able to speculate on what elements will all be in this coaster.

Hell, they don't even need to announce it!! They park itself just needs to tease us with photos of New Mean Streak and I'll be happy!!

Works for me

Is Pink's at Cedar Point worth checking out? Any menu suggestions for when I visit in June? I've seen people rave about the other locations and I've also read that the one here has a smaller menu and isn't as good. I don't love hot dogs but I'm all for trying food that isn't the typical generic garbage that a lot of corporate parks serve up.

I'm pretty much a snob when it comes to hot dogs and really like Pink's. I actually waited over an hour one day at the original Pinks. More expensive but worth it if you can't stand typical dogs. Less variety at the Cedar Point location, but still a very good dog.

Edited by larrygator