TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hey guys, I hate to put a damper on any possible clues for an RMC Streak (because yes, it likely WOULD be the best thing ever!), but Iron Horse on that board probably refers to Iron Horse Porter, which is a Brew Kettle Craft Beer that they sell at Cedar Point (themed to the CP&LE Railroad, according to THIS.) Additionally, Frontier Trail refers to Frontier Trail Ale, which I have actually partaken of at that very establishment a couple of times this year. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but sadly, I don't think this is a clue...

Hey guys, I hate to put a damper on any possible clues for an RMC Streak (because yes, it likely WOULD be the best thing ever!), but Iron Horse on that board probably refers to Iron Horse Porter, which is a Brew Kettle Craft Beer that they sell at Cedar Point (themed to the CP&LE Railroad, according to THIS.) Additionally, Frontier Trail refers to Frontier Trail Ale, which I have actually partaken of at that very establishment a couple of times this year. Sorry to be a buzzkill, but sadly, I don't think this is a clue...

Yeah, IH is one of CP's beers but it seems like they put it in a position in which it could be a clue. Of course anything's a possibility at this point so who knows

Yeah, IH is one of CP's beers but it seems like they put it in a position in which it could be a clue. Of course anything's a possibility at this point so who knows

Between that, the markers, the rumors of it closing after July, and a lot of wishful thinking. Where there's smoke there's Mean Streak.

Between that, the markers, the rumors of it closing after July, and a lot of wishful thinking. Where there's smoke there's Mean Streak.

Again, I'd love for RMC Streak to be coming next year. But I'm tempering any hopes, let alone expectations, about that happening.

FWIW, July 13 (tomorrow) was when it was announced that Disaster Transport would be closing at the end of July, back in 2012. I'm not saying past history is always predictive of future occurrences, but if we haven't had an announcement about Mean Streak closing at the end of July by the end of this week, I'm going to say it's not going to happen. Here's hoping though! (unless you're coasterbill! )

I'm coming from Minneapolis about a 13 hour drive to Sandusky, Ohio. I have a Cedar Point trip planned out for a week at the end of July 24th through July 31st. I was wondering what the crowd's are like during the end of July for during the week? Do they tend to get light crowd's during the week? One Friday during my trip there open 10:00 am to midnight so that will be an all day visit for me. Since I will be there a whole week I'm not planning to do a fast lane pass either since I'll have time to ride everything. On Saturday July 30th I'm planning to visit Conneaut Lake Park in the morning then Waldameer Park and Water World in the evening. I'm not planning to visit Cedar Point on a Saturday because I know the crowd's will be more busier. Then I'm going to Kings Island for three day's first park of August.

I'm coming from Minneapolis about a 13 hour drive to Sandusky, Ohio. I have a Cedar Point trip planned out for a week at the end of July 24th through July 31st. I was wondering what the crowd's are like during the end of July for during the week? Do they tend to get light crowd's during the week? One Friday during my trip there open 10:00 am to midnight so that will be an all day visit for me. Since I will be there a whole week I'm not planning to do a fast lane pass either since I'll have time to ride everything. On Saturday July 30th I'm planning to visit Conneaut Lake Park in the morning then Waldameer Park and Water World in the evening. I'm not planning to visit Cedar Point on a Saturday because I know the crowd's will be more busier. Then I'm going to Kings Island for three day's first park of August.

Flip it. Waldameer can get really busy on Saturdays and the parking situation there is suboptimal. Do them first, then Conneaut. There will not be crowds at Conneaut. I guarantee you of this. Also there's only two rides even worth your consideration there, whereas there are several (coasters, dark ride, walkthrough, skyride, log flume, drop tower, some of the flats) at Waldameer.

^ Not quite sure what you mean by "suboptimal" in terms of parking (with two lots, and the Peninsula Drive lot being massive now), but I would also agree about swapping them. If you're looking to get everything in at Waldameer, or at least getting most of the stuff in, hit Waldameer first. Saturdays can be packed, so your best bet is to hit the rides early at Waldameer.

Take your sound logic and GTFO of here!

Take your sound logic and GTFO of here!

I know, I know... What was I thinking???

Ugh... they're predicting thunderstorms for both next Monday and Tuesday- the only two days I'll be at CP... I am too spoiled by southern CA sunshine haha. Hopefully the forecast changes by then

Around here they don't know what the weather will be like in 10 minutes, much less a week from now

Ugh... they're predicting thunderstorms for both next Monday and Tuesday- the only two days I'll be at CP... I am too spoiled by southern CA sunshine haha. Hopefully the forecast changes by then

Around here they don't know what the weather will be like in 10 minutes, much less a week from now

Never listen to the forecast on Lake Erie more than about a day out, and even then it'll probably completely change by the next day.

I know you're from California so you're probably not familiar with what weather is or how it works (kidding...kidding lol) but you're looking at the forecast a week out? On lake Erie????

Step 1: Don't check the weather until like 3 days out, and then then they're probably wrong.

Step 2: Use Weather Underground. I don't know what you're looking at but Accu Weather sucks and so does Weather.com. According to them it looks good Monday.

Step 3: "Chance of a Thunderstorm" is a pretty good forecast. It means it's summer, it'll probably be nice most of the day and you'll MAYBE have a brief storm in the afternoon that might even lead to lower crowd levels. If this happens check out Town Hall Museum (it's pretty cool), Frontier Trail or go to a bar like the one in Hotel Breakers or the Craft Beer place on Frontier Trail.

Also, the only long term forecasts that are even mildly accurate are wind forecasts. High winds are a major problem at Cedar Point but things are looking great those 2 days so you should be happy. If I were you I'd be thrilled with that forecast even if it doesn't change. But it will. And don't check it, it'll just stress you out.

I think riding at night makes every outdoor coaster feel just slightly more awesome but Millennium Force is the only one that strikes me as being an amazing night ride. Be warned. It doesn't stop me from riding it but if the coaster has a lot of bright lights shining up at it (Gatekeeper) it'll feel like it's raining if you ride it at night thanks to the bug apocalypse that occurs every time a train comes by.

And sorry for the double post but take note Six Flags, this is how you do something right...

Official Announcement of Iron Dragon Virtual Reality

Yesterday, we announced more details on Cedar Point Nights, starting this Friday and running through August 14.

One of the highlights is our beta-test of virtual reality technology on Iron Dragon.

There are some questions, so let's go over the details.

First and foremost, Iron Dragon will operate "normally" daily during Cedar Point Nights from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. So, if you're wanting that traditional ride, hop in line at that time.

Then, from 6 - 9 p.m., it's all virtual reality. However, note that you can't just get in line for this experience. Reservations are required. The virtual reality experience is only available from July 15 through August 14 during Cedar Point Nights.

Every day starting at noon near Iron Dragon, we'll take reservations to participate in this test. Riders must be at least 13 years of age or older, must be at least 48" tall to ride and must review and sign a waiver.

Then, you'll be assigned a time to return to Iron Dragon later in the evening to try it out.

If you're chosen, you'll wear a Samsung Gear VR headset while riding. You'll be able to look all around you and see your "new" virtual world in every direction.

The ride characteristics are the same, so all the familiar movements will be there. However, the video in your headset will match with those movements, so it will be a completely different experience.

Note that during this testing phase, there is no audio tied to the video - it's only a test. We'll be asking for your feedback as well.

Right now, there are no plans to make this a permanent feature. We're just testing it out to see how it goes (operation of the ride, how the tech holds up and if guests like it).

Your first shot at riding is this Friday. So sign up in the Iron Dragon/Celebration Plaza area beginning at noon each day if you want to try it, and don't forget to enjoy all the other activities we have planned during Cedar Point Nights!

My only question is whether or not the ride closes at 9:00 or if it re-opens later and if so, is it VR or non VR? I assume it'll re-open as non VR.

Great job by Cedar Point. TAKE NOTES SIX FLAGS. Making it reservation only eliminates the problem of horrendous dispatches and for most of the day it operates normally. This allows people to ride it the way they want to ride it AND gives them an incentive to stay later... spending money in the park and buying dinner in the park so it benefits them too. Bravo.