TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Here's a link to a WKYC article about the color choice of Valravn. Also, at the end of the article are photos of the progress of the station and merchandise building. The rock work on the walls look great!

http://www.wkyc.com/features/cedar-point-reveals-how-valravn-got-its-color-scheme/74577968

Now I'd like them to explain how the f*ck that name slipped through the decision making process.

^It's a pretty great name, and I'd sure as hell take it over Six Flags' bull like Total Mayhem, Full Throttle, and The Joker Coaster.

Honestly, if you're still disgruntled over a name that you've had almost a year to get accustomed to, then you're the one with the issue, not CP.

This is going to be hard to explain, but has anyone noticed a change in B&M's track design? Just slightly?

For example: Compare Banshee to previous inverts, it has no pre-drop, and its elements/drops are more steep, and curvy.

Look how sexy and steep Valravn's Immelman is.

Another example: Compare the look of Mako to other previous B&M hyper coasters. B&M coasters look sexier and sexier every year.

This is going to be hard to explain, but has anyone noticed a change in B&M's track design? Just slightly?

For example: Compare Banshee to previous inverts, it has no pre-drop, and its elements/drops are more steep, and curvy.

Another example: Compare the look of Mako to other previous B&M hyper coasters. B&M coasters look sexier and sexier every year.

Starry Sky Ripper and OzIris were two B&Ms that really started to demonstrate more freelancing than what was shown in the past, and now there's the custom family invert, too. It's nice to have some more variety in the designs, and I'm always intrigued to see how a manufacturer evolves its engineering and design approaches (ex. MF's lift support structure vs. i305's). In particular, I like the sprinkling of low speed hills that have been introduced by B&M in recent years. The coaster designs have "improved" with the times and shown more nuance, but many people still prefer the ride experience of older B&Ms.

Edited by Samuel

I think the sexiness in the new B&M designs is the way the suggest are set up. The slanted supports look so cool. I've also noticed that some B&M coaster use less supports, that could be a cost saving measure.

I hate Cedar Fair's cartoony maps... Aside from that the map looks cluttered. I wish they used the map that they use for the mobile app.

I agree. I find their maps very hard to follow and lacking detail. Six Flags was the same way for a while but their current maps are a good balance at least in my humble opinion.