TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2037: Siren’s Curse tilt coaster announced for 2025!

^ or they stick with Zamperla on the next ride. I wouldn't be surprised if a future ride is some kind of Zamperla water ride that was already part of the deal when Zamperla won the contract to do the TT2 make over or Zamperla offered something cheap after the year closure as compensation.

A water battle boat ride or the big wavez drop tower would be a decent replacement for the removed water ride.

Cedar Point has announced Siren’s Curse, a new record-breaking tilt coaster will open at the park in 2025!

IMG_5318.jpeg.0c9fa9d1c2fb5a94b2f722cdf5eb514b.jpeg

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/media-center/record-breaking-sirens-curse-tilt-coaster-to-lure-cedar-point-thrill-seekers-in-2025

Cedar Point, The Roller Coaster Capital of the World®, will add fathoms of thrills to its world-renowned and record-breaking collection of scream machines with the 2025 debut of Siren’s Curse – the tallest, fastest and longest “tilt” roller coaster in North America.

Siren’s Curse hearkens to the legend and lore of mysterious creatures living beneath the surface of Lake Erie; often spoken of – but never spotted. The sirens of the lake who lured sailors to their underwater demise with their sweet, seductive songs will finally rise to land and attempt to entrap guests in a sinister two-minute fate of non-stop roller coaster innovation.

Riders will hear the echo of the siren’s chilling melodies as they ascend an old 160-foot-tall Lake Erie shipping crane tower, the sounds growing more sinister as riders reach the top. Their fate will hang in the balance as they encounter the roller coaster’s signature moment: a dead stop on a “broken off” section of track. The creaking platform holding the train of riders will slowly tilt the entire train into a 90-degree vertical position, forcing riders to peer straight down with the hope their train will connect to the twisted track below.

As the track locks into place, riders will flee from the beckoning call of the siren and plunge into the abyss, speeding through 2,966 feet of track at a top speed of 58 mph. The ride will feature 13 weightless airtime moments, two 360-degree, zero-gravity barrel rolls and a high-speed “triple-down” element with twisted and overbanked track.

Adding to the immersive experience, the two, 24-passenger trains on Siren’s Curse will feature integrated audio and signature LED lighting on each car.

Located across from the Iron Dragon suspended coaster and near the Cedar Point Marina, the ride’s tangled and compact layout will provide the high-thrill experience Cedar Point guests have come to know from America’s Roller Coast®. Guests must be 48” tall to ride Siren’s Curse.

“Record-breaking thrills have always been at the heart of Cedar Point’s roller coaster lineup, and Siren’s Curse lives up to that standard,” said Carrie Boldman, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “The entire ride is an experience filled with non-stop action, but that first precarious tilted position where you’re hanging on – looking straight down – and waiting for the track to connect will be a signature moment our fans will love. It’s a first-of-its kind for Cedar Point and we’re thrilled to bring it to our guests.”

With the addition of Siren’s Curse, Cedar Point will be home to an impressive lineup of 19 roller coasters, including fan favorites like Millennium Force®, Steel Vengeance®, Maverick® and more. As previously announced, the record-breaking triple-launch strata coaster Top Thrill 2® is scheduled to reopen in 2025.

Guests can dive into season-long access to Siren’s Curse and the park’s 67 additional attractions with a 2025 Gold Pass. It includes Cedar Point and HalloWeekends® admission in 2024 and all of 2025, free parking, Cedar Point Shores® Waterpark admission, in-park discounts, bring-a-friend tickets and more. Right now, the 2025 Gold Pass is on sale for $125 or 10 payments of $10 after initial payment of $25. Guests can purchase online now at cedarpoint.com.

Siren’s Curse is scheduled to open in early summer of 2025. For more information on Siren’s Curse, construction updates and more, follow Cedar Point on Facebook, Instagram, X and YouTube or visit cedarpoint.com.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/new-in-2025

IMG_5319.thumb.jpeg.f278e7bbcb27897cb76325c87d7f10e5.jpeg

Siren's Curse

The tallest, longest, fastest tilt coaster in North America

The legend and lore of mysterious creatures living beneath the surface of Lake Erie comes to life with Siren's Curse, North America’s TALLEST, LONGEST & FASTEST tilt coaster.

Often spoken of – but never spotted, the sirens of the lake who lured sailors to their underwater demise with their sweet, seductive songs will finally rise to the land above Cedar Point and attempt to entrap you in a sinister two-minute fate of non-stop roller coaster innovation.

Located across from Iron Dragon and near the Cedar Point Marina, Siren's Curse is set to lure its riders in 2025. Will you answer the siren's call?

HEIGHT - 160 FT

SPEED - 58 MPH

DURATION - 2 MIN

The Siren's Call

You’ll hear the echo of the siren's chilling melodies as you ascend an old 160-foot-tall Lake Erie shipping crane tower, the sounds growing more sinister as you reach the top. Your fate will hang in the balance as you encounter the roller coaster’s signature moment: a dead stop on a “broken off” section of track. The creaking platform holding your train will slowly tilt into a 90-degree vertical position, forcing you to peer straight down with the hope your train will connect to the twisted track below.

IMG_5320.thumb.jpeg.3c62cc3d59ee802136b1648b73c66f78.jpeg

Evade Her Grip

As the track locks into place, you’ll flee from the beckoning call of the siren and plunge into the abyss, speeding through 2,966 feet of track at a top speed of 58 mph. Come face-to-face with 13 weightless airtime moments, two 360-degree, zero-gravity barrel rolls and a high-speed “triple-down” element with twisted and overbanked track. Guest must be 48” tall to ride Siren's Curse.

IMG_5321.thumb.jpeg.9dd98802d00638812446c66f71b36454.jpeg

Lore Brought to Life

The legend is real – and you’ll hear and see it! The ride’s trains feature an over-the-shoulder lap bar with flexible vest restraint. The vehicles also feature two firsts for Cedar Point: on-board audio, allowing the sound of the siren to envelop you as you escape her grasp; and high-tech LED lighting on the exterior of each car, mimicking the silky motion and eerie nature of the mythical creature, from the top of the tower to the adrenaline-pumping journey below.

IMG_5322.thumb.jpeg.f5590d23f121c88abd1475cb9cf9baa4.jpeg

• Like 3

I woke up and saw this on FB and immediately checked the calendar to see if it was April 1st. Seriously, this caught me completely off guard. My initial thoughts were 1) why a tilt coaster when you already have a dive coaster? The gimmick is relatively similar, and they even went and put it right next to Valravn!  Then I saw the drop being twisted and realized that should be different enough so that's it's not too redundant. 2) 160 feet tall seems almost like a junior coaster when it comes to Cedar Point.  I don't have any issues with it, and they are calling it North America's tallest, longest and fastest tilt coaster... so I guess it's not a big deal. 3) I sincerely hope they maintain the onboard audio. That is such a cool touch on coasters.  4) With Rapterra already complete at KD and there being little to no work done other than clearing the site at CP, will this be like most Six Flags rides and open "later in the season"?  And finally 5) It is awesome to see Cedar Point adding a new-gen Vekoma. The only new Vekoma I have ridden was Snoopy's Soap Box Racers and that was glass smooth. Looking forward to seeing if this ride will be the same way. Being an old man, I truly appreciate a smooth ride

Again, this one was a complete shock to me, so kudos to Cedar Point for the genuine surprise. If they can get TT2 up and going next year and have a new coaster to go along with it, I guess I'll be renewing my season pass again after all!

56 minutes ago, thepoint4life23 said:

I heard this was the one going to Six flags Mexico. Interested to hear me details on this.

This is indeed the one that Six Flags bought from Energylandia and started construction at SFM and was facing issues with the local government.

Cedar Fair management took over and decided to take it to Cedar Point instead.

What I find exciting about this coaster is that yeah, the tilt is cool and unique and probably terrifying, but the rest of the layout actually looks REALLY good. It's not just a one trick pony. Some crazy transitions and rolls and airtime pops in there that should be excellent. And we know it will be glossy smooth too.

Yay Vekoma!!!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

I don't remember what #2 is/was. Help?

My 3 was Sirens, Circuit Breaker at Cota, and Gringotts.  Obviously Gringotts is slightly different but it's the same concept.

Looking forward to getting back to CP next year.  This new coaster looks fun.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

What I find exciting about this coaster is that yeah, the tilt is cool and unique and probably terrifying, but the rest of the layout actually looks REALLY good. It's not just a one trick pony. Some crazy transitions and rolls and airtime pops in there that should be excellent. And we know it will be glossy smooth too.

Yay Vekoma!!!

Vekoma has come a long way, their track design is great and rivals Mack's and Intamin's for sure. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of their restraint system. Vekoma enforces vests on most of their (family) thrill coasters. The lapbar themselves also staples hard, like skyrush hard. They still deliver fun rides, it's just that from a (jaded) enthousiast their rides feel more like new school B&M's which isn't always what i'm looking for in a ride.

Nevertheless, it looks like a great ride and a fun addition to the park. Any new ride  that lowers the queue times of SV and Maverick is a welcome addition imo. However, i don't think it will become many people's favorite ride at the park, it probably is also not meant to be. I hear rumors this ride got passed around before it landed its place at Cedar Point. Wonder what the actual logistical process was. 

Good luck with that.! 

Hell, how much did they spend to reimagine Top Thrill Dragster to have that tank? 

Maverick was the best coaster they installed in the last 20 years. 

Granted, I don't like the merger of CF and 6Fkags.... 

^ U mad bruh?

I do love me some Maverick, though.

Anyway, I hate that I have to disclaim this, but I want to bring something up for discussion, not argument. Does anyone feel like this was the first real Six Flags move done to a Cedar Fair park? It concerns me about how little planning and thought went into this. Of course I don't have all of the information, but rumor has it this was meant for SF Mexico, but that didn't pan out, right? Seems to me like they just found the first piece of flat land available and fit it in.

I just can't help but to think of how SF STL, Valley Fair, or WoF could have benefitted from this impromptu decision while avoiding running the risk of the flag ship park being generic. I could hear the sinister deep Six Flags announcement guy in my head when I watched the video.

Just my $0.02.