TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

No, I would ride too, if that's what you are asking. Never really seen anyone have a problem when 1 person joins their party in line; not that we do that on a regular basis. But I will keep that in mind if it's a problem for people, don't want to get the masses angry.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ If your focus is the coasters, you should have plenty of time. The only wrinkle would be Texas Stingray if it isn't on the Quick Queue like some of the newer Busch/SeaWorld rides.

I figured as much. If necessary Mom is willing to stand in line for Stingray while the boy rides some of the other coasters and gets his count up. The things we do for kids!

Texas Stingray is definitely not available on Quick Queue Unlimited. They "might" sell one time quick queues for it, as they did so with other additions at SWO & BGT in recent years, but that would only be available to buy the day your're there if offered.

tsqqu.thumb.JPG.38981d342966a809a7cb8d6278355aba.JPG

No, I would ride too, if that's what you are asking. Never really seen anyone have a problem when 1 person joins their party in line; not that we do that on a regular basis. But I will keep that in mind if it's a problem for people, don't want to get the masses angry.

While you may not see it from your experience, I've seen fights start at both SW Orlando and BGT in the line because people wanted to "catch up to their party." That practice is highly frowned upon and is considered line jumping, unless you get permission from a ride attendant for an exception. People in the SW & BG pass member groups I'm in are constantly in an uproar about this issue.

^^ That is considered line jumping. If you cant be bothered to wait in line there are options to buy a pass so you don't wait(maybe not an option for this ride) or wait just like everyone else. Most people get annoyed with people "catching up to their group". You are stuck in a tight space with often obnoxious and poorly smelling folks only to have someone bump into you and say excuse me coming from someone who gives off the perception of "hey I am more important than you so please let me by". 1 person may not be a big deal but you are 1 of many more who do that. I see it more as a respect thing, they have a system that is in place and no one should a above it. As far as I know the acceptable options for leaving the line and shoe horning your way back up front is restroom break and to get water. If anyone thinks I am off base here let me know; I am always interested in other people's opinions and maybe you can enlighten me if I am wrong

• 2 weeks later...
Did TPR attend the opening of Texas Sting Ray? I was hoping to see some reviews on here

per the twitter feed, yes.

and they said they got some great footage - I suspect it's being edited and will be up soon.

Ok, ok I get it, didn't mean to start a war over line jumping with an off hand (and perhaps not well thought out comment) let's just move on. The original point to my post was about being able to get through the coasters if we only were in the park the last 4-5 hours. It seems the consensus is yes, easily with quick queue but keep your eye on the new coaster, as usual. It does look like a fun little coaster.

Apparently there are construction walls up at the park advertising something big coming in 2021. They have dammed up some water from the lake and begun ground work. Does anyone who went this weekend have photos?

If this is another large coaster, my goodness. The SeaWorld chain is officially losing their minds.

This ride looks so good. I can't wait to see this thing running when the temps are more favorable and broken in a bit. Hoping to get there some weekend this year to go ride it.

• 3 months later...

Received an email this morning that Aquatica San Antonio is reopening this Saturday, June 6th. I'm assuming SeaWorld can't be too far behind at this point either.

Received an email this morning that Aquatica San Antonio is reopening this Saturday, June 6th. I'm assuming SeaWorld can't be too far behind at this point either.

Gov. Abbott went to Phase 3 late this afternoon. . effective immediately.

This Phase also allows Texas ThemeParks & Waterparks to open at 50% capacity if they so choose.

so yeah, agreed that both will be open soon.

I'm disappointed that for the Aquatica online reservations, it seems as though priority is being given to those who purchase single day tickets. Under the single day ticket reservations tab there are far more dates available than either the passholder or fun card tab. They should not be doing this to their most loyal customers. They should have a set capacity and fill it up with any ticket type until it is full. I see this as just a way to ensure they get more money even after they continued to charge many of these passholders while the parks were closed.

I'm disappointed that for the Aquatica online reservations, it seems as though priority is being given to those who purchase single day tickets. Under the single day ticket reservations tab there are far more dates available than either the passholder or fun card tab. They should not be doing this to their most loyal customers. They should have a set capacity and fill it up with any ticket type until it is full. I see this as just a way to ensure they get more money even after they continued to charge many of these passholders while the parks were closed.

Not sure where you're getting that from. I went on there and can reserve any date the park is open if I wanted to in all three areas (all the dates are available that is regardless of which option I went to). I do know the site was overloaded earlier in the day and many had issues getting through. One thing is if you've tried creating a reservation and didn't get through, that you needed to clear your cart out completely and start over, otherwise it would give you a warning that you had too many people.

• 3 months later...

Here are some photos of the Texas Thrillseekers (TTS) ERT on Texas Stingray during our recent SWSA event. I'm in all of them, I'm the guy with dark hair and glasses. Texas Stingray is possibly the best GCI I've ever been on. The ride is fast and furious with great pacing on all the elements! At the end of the day, Ray Gonzales and the staff at SWSA surprised us with gifts of Texas Stingray wood! It's leftover wood from Texas Stingray made into souvenirs!

NOTE: On-ride photos are by TTS staff photographer Nick Carlos.

20200912_092157.thumb.jpg.8dd72a5fa220cfa86bec4808cbefe8f9.jpg

Trains look nice!

20200912_094135.thumb.jpg.56e9d03586bd32a2c19492c91fadee98.jpg

This would be me!

20200912_094740.thumb.jpg.5bce1d4d513f970f02a46a752dee85a5.jpg

The dispatches were great! Excellent staff!

20200912_111023.thumb.jpg.0f515d6bfafde2aba178b936560ff640.jpg

Talk about a cool pic!

20200912_180654.thumb.jpg.b6cc9eb11fdaa658222ff517a474bbcd.jpg

With Trevor Eitel, head of Texas Thrillseekers!

20200912_182611.thumb.jpg.bb047066e7013a515d768a33060bb5c2.jpg

My own piece of Texas Stingray wood!

FB_IMG_1600189223074.thumb.jpg.073b873c57768a8a602f53f971633557.jpg

I'm in fourth row on this one!

FB_IMG_1600189254333.thumb.jpg.f1878a2cdfd1607bd8eb5c8787a4ffa4.jpg

Right behind my friends Mike and Jeff!

FB_IMG_1600189290152.thumb.jpg.8d1f47a16a21b1911558fba3e0fad198.jpg

Back row anyone!

FB_IMG_1600189300997.thumb.jpg.4d32ca152cb0c9481d5feb1e214f8552.jpg

What a ride!!

20200912_090102.thumb.jpg.77a1718fd74d070f959282b0b7296ea8.jpg

With Ray Gonzales, project director for Texas Stingray!

Edited by Sportsdude360

It’s funny, a couple years ago, I couldn’t care much less about GCI’s. Now, after Mystic Timbers, Prowler, and their refurb of Ghostrider, I’m all about them. Texas Stingray looks like the best of the bunch and I can’t wait to get out there soon!

Here are a few shots of me riding Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster with my friend Mike.

NOTE: All photos are by Nick Carlos, TTS staff photographer.

FB_IMG_1600310009105.thumb.jpg.3b84204d418cf168a9a91de740b224e3.jpg

Wave Breaker is good Intamin family style launched coaster!

FB_IMG_1600310032783.thumb.jpg.a47595180e4e4f2e94b17a86dc821da5.jpg

Those trains look cool!

FB_IMG_1600310047733.thumb.jpg.5f3be1a37f78901469d934b693b28bd0.jpg

Over the water!

FB_IMG_1600310125933.thumb.jpg.bbbfacdd5059a3ccda834b2ecb662827.jpg

Mike's arms weren't long enough to reach the hand grips! lol