SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 23: Fiesta del Mar event announced!

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did the Dolphin tour for free with our new Plat passes today. Schedule first thing, they fill up fast. Got to touch and give them some commands in a back area setting.  Enjoyed it. We bought the

SW has extended our tickets (that were purchased almost a year ago now) until the end of 2021, then of course if I want to upgrade to passes at the park I am free to do so. More than fair in my opinio

Just so you all know and for future reference. Customer service responded in a couple days to my email and immediately refunded my quick queues. Since the tickets that I bought a year ago are about to

Posted Images

We actually walked through the Shark exhibit and rest of Discovery Point the other day. It was all super nice, I almost felt like I was at a SeaWorld park for a second...

(Can you tell the rest of this park just weirds me out? lol)

43 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

We actually walked through the Shark exhibit and rest of Discovery Point the other day. It was all super nice, I almost felt like I was at a SeaWorld park for a second...

(Can you tell the rest of this park just weirds me out? lol)

So I'm not crazy in my feelings on this. I didn't even realize Discovery Point was anything but the dolphin experience until we decided to wander over on our way out, it's weird it's not attached to the main park since it's what I expected similar to SWO. I liked SWSA but it really felt like it was missing something the entire time.

• 4 weeks later...

So, is Atlantis closed due to Covid restrictions or because it's a water ride and not open for the season yet? We will be there on the 9th and the number of water rides that are open determines which shoes I wear, lol.

When I was there in early Feb they had tarps covering about half the lift hill. Seemed like a bunch of maint at that time.

On 3/3/2021 at 6:31 PM, SharkTums said:

The park just has such a weird early 80's vibe to it still. 

Starting with the big entrance structure - am all for iconic landmarks, but don't think it has aged well!

SeaWorld have put in some good investments recently, so hopefully they will continue to pour money in to how the park looks too.

Just left SeaWorld. My first time at SeaWorld San Antonio. I go to SeaWorld San Diego pretty often since they give teachers free passes every year. Lots of people today but I think most were there for the first day of the 7 Seas Food Festival. Texas Stingray was a walk on. Got a few rides on it. Great White was also a walk on but just did it once since I rode Goliath yesterday. Definitely not as forceful, but not too rough. That leaves Batman at SFOT as the only Batman clone in Texas I haven’t rode. Steel Eel should have been a walk on, but they only had one grouper. This person had to lead people to each row since they are no longer numbered, deal with Quick Queue and special assistance, measure the height of all kids, and send people with backpacks to lockers. They were only running one train and at least one car would be empty each time. Waited about 15-20 minutes since I got in line when the line was short. By the time I rode the queue in the station was about half full. Used my one time use Quick Queue on Wave Breaker to skip a 20-30 minute line. Saw the penguins and that was about it. Some of the food booths have not opened yet. 

On my way to Fiesta Texas now. 

• Like 1

I also found Great White to be quite a bit less intense than Goliath (SFFT). You'd think it would be the opposite with a longer/heavier train on Great White.

• Like 1

yeah, it's strange how Goliath is so much more forceful than many of the Batman clones

(the only one that I can compare it to is Batman at SFOG in terms of forcefulness)

I've not ridden Great White, but will in May (Planning to go to SWSA for the 7 Seas Food Festival)