TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 28: Tidal Surge Screamin' Swing coming for 2022!

Hey everyone,

So due to some issues with attempting to get my membership online, I was able to do it over the phone, and thus got my reservation set up for my trip. Something the rep said to me was that for the reservations, there is a "morning & evening session", and they did not specify the times for those or if we had to select one. My reservation e-ticket has no specific time, so I was wondering, did anyone actually have to deal with a specific session time to enter when they visited recently? Also does anyone how early we're allowed to arrive? My plan was to show up around ~9:30 for the 10:00 am opening

11 hours ago, IronWolfman said:

Hey everyone,

So due to some issues with attempting to get my membership online, I was able to do it over the phone, and thus got my reservation set up for my trip. Something the rep said to me was that for the reservations, there is a "morning & evening session", and they did not specify the times for those or if we had to select one. My reservation e-ticket has no specific time, so I was wondering, did anyone actually have to deal with a specific session time to enter when they visited recently? Also does anyone how early we're allowed to arrive? My plan was to show up around ~9:30 for the 10:00 am opening

We will be there on the 13th as well! Our reservation did not have a specific time just the date. We went ahead and got quick queue because we are going to try and get through everything and get out of there by 4 so we can zip over to ZDT's and ride SB before it closes at 6. These reduced hours are killing me.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the ticket to a pass that's good at the various Seaworld parks (not just SWSA) and if so how much it is? I bought these tickets last March not thinking I would go to any other SW/BG parks that year, then Covid so finally now redeeming them before they expire; and it looks like we may actually get to SWSD, SWO, and BGT before the year is out so thinking it might be worth it. I guess I will have to add up single day ticket prices before I go and have that number in my head to decide if it is worthwhile or not.......if it is even an option.

• Like 1

The SWSA Platinum pass was $150 up until Jan 31, now it's up to $199. You can also do that split out as a monthly fee/ezpay but unfortunately they no longer guarantee a rate lock and it will just be the current rate at the time of renewal but if you don't want to get a new pass and keep paying a lesser rate by paying SWSAs rate is a better deal than any other park in the chain.

I'm guessing you could use your ticket towards the full price, but not doing monthly payments.

On 2/2/2021 at 11:18 AM, tndank said:

Looks like they adjusted Quick Queue in the last week or two and it now includes Stingray without an upcharge or limits.

Interesting. I bought the QQ available to Platinum Passers that just had one ride for Texas Stingray, I wonder if they'll just give me QQ with unlimited Texas Stingray at the park. They also dropped the price, which is a little frustrating since I already $25 payed for what is now showing as just $10 with the membership. 

Also, does anyone know what the minimum temps to run each of the four major coasters are? I know we're still a week out, but the upcoming polar vortex for the whole country, weather(.)com is currently predicting a high of just 48* on the 13th. Praying/hoping it warms up, but in case it doesn't will any rides for sure be closed if that's as hot as it gets?

^ When I was there in December, Texas Stingray closed when the temperature dropped below 50 degrees at night.  I am unclear if that was temperature or mechanical (the park wasn't clear).  I left at that point, but Steel Eel, Great White, and Wave Breaker were all still cycling.

When I bought QQ at the park in December, Texas Stingray was still one ride at most even on the highest level.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 11:22 AM, IronWolfman said:

Interesting. I bought the QQ available to Platinum Passers that just had one ride for Texas Stingray, I wonder if they'll just give me QQ with unlimited Texas Stingray at the park. They also dropped the price, which is a little frustrating since I already $25 payed for what is now showing as just $10 with the membership. 

Also, does anyone know what the minimum temps to run each of the four major coasters are? I know we're still a week out, but the upcoming polar vortex for the whole country, weather(.)com is currently predicting a high of just 48* on the 13th. Praying/hoping it warms up, but in case it doesn't will any rides for sure be closed if that's as hot as it gets?

I am getting equally nervous about that. I too realize it could change in the coming week but just checked they are now saying 51 for Sat when we will be at SW and 47 with some wind for our SFFT day and same for SFOT with some possible rain/snow showers. Hoping it eases a bit. I will feel I am cursed if we get on a plane to trek to parks during a pandemic and then they close things down or close all together for weather. Trying not to hate the weather Gods when I saw that it is in the 70's this weekend. I should probably just not look at it again until we are a few days out. 

There have been a dozen different forecasts for how cold and if or if not we will get significant snow here mid to late week.

• Like 1

Did the Dolphin tour for free with our new Plat passes today. Schedule first thing, they fill up fast. Got to touch and give them some commands in a back area setting.  Enjoyed it.

We bought the Sea Lion tour weeks ago b/c the wife did not want to miss it. Timing was going to be close....so SeaWorld offered to golf cart us between them. Why not? Thanks to the park for going out of their way and helping us out today. 

Lines were fairly short. Non existent with our $7.50 quick queue. 

They have photographer at the Sea Lion tour. $30 to get those on your annual photo pass. However, being a member, we could print them for half price. Got 3 printed out for $5 instead of paying $30 for the 5 or 6 photos he took digitally. 

One more tidbit...Steel Eel opens at 10. Great White, WB, and Stingray open at 11.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

^^I'm checking the forecast twice daily currently, and for now they seem to be thinking it's going to warm up slightly. High of 60* for Sat 2/13 & 50* for Sun & Mon, and showers possible before the park opens. Could still easily change in the next few days but praying for even warmer. 

^Thanks for the update, guess getting the dining pass/QQ set up and Steel Eel will be the first things to do! 

So since I foolishly went ahead and bought quick queue before I had to delay my trip one week due to weather, is there any chance they will let me change the date on it or am I just out the $ ?  (not that is was horribly expensive but...)  I will pause while you all laugh at my naivety on this issue.

Thankfully the tickets I bought last March will still be good as well as the parking.

• Like 1

I would try and get a hold of someone there.  I bet they will help out.  Especially with the weather situation. Best of luck.  Obviously do it before Sat.  Reach out on FB, probably get a response quicker.  They got back to me on there a couple time.

• Like 1

^^I'm wondering about the QQ as well. I emailed them about it and haven't heard back there, but talked with them in Twitter DMs. They cancelled my reservation for this Saturday and said I should be able to use the All-Day Dining for another date, but didn't mention the QQ. Will try emailing & tweeting again, as SeaWorld's call center makes calling practically impossible. I've spent hours on hold with them the last two months, including yesterday where the call hung up on me just after the two-hour hold mark. 

^ They most likely will move the Quick Queue date if you talk to Guest Relations.  I purchased Quick Queue at the gate after being told every coaster was operating, but Steel Eel never opened so they were able to switch it to a different day when the ride was open.

• Like 1

Right now I am still waiting on email responses for the Quick Queue, and may ask again about it on Twitter (surprisingly the only way I got through to a rep on Wednesday), but if all else fails I will try and talk to Guest Relations on the day of my visit. Won't be able to get down there ahead of time to do so. 

^I can definitely try calling again too, and I did have a great experience with the people I've actually gotten to speak to back when I was getting my membership. I've just had a lot of struggle getting through to a representative and haven't waited less than ~75 min on hold before someone was able to pick up. Does anyone know what their call center hours are? I don't believe they are listed anywhere.

24 minutes ago, IronWolfman said:

^I can definitely try calling again too, and I did have a great experience with the people I've actually gotten to speak to back when I was getting my membership. I've just had a lot of struggle getting through to a representative and haven't waited less than ~75 min on hold before someone was able to pick up. Does anyone know what their call center hours are? I don't believe they are listed anywhere.

Check your PMs.  I might be able to help some.

• Like 1

Okay a final update to this situation - sorry there has been so many! I got a response back to my emails, and they decided to just refund me my original Quick Queue Unlimited, so that I could go ahead and purchase a new one for my new visit. Actually saved me some money too, as the new date has a cheaper QQU! TeacherKim, if you haven't been able to reach somebody yet, I'd definitely recommend emailing them/sending a follow-up email if you haven't done so already!

7 hours ago, coasterbill said:

I've had great luck calling Busch / SeaWorld. Knowing them, they'll totally move it. The people who work the phones are honestly the best employees at the entire company.

I agree the employees at Busch/SeaWorld are super friendly, but I had a lot of trouble reaching someone over the phone at the San Antonio park when I tried calling them in December to ask a question the day of my visit.

• Like 1