TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

This looks like the best Raptor concept yet and I have to agree with the video that if it's DC it'll really tie in the area well. It's placement is a lot better than SFGAdv for sure. A Joker theme would definitely make a lot of sense, and if it's something like purple track/green supports I don't think it will clash much with Riddler.

However, I'm sure it will get built eventually, but I could really care less if it gets delayed. If there's talk of Magic Mountain getting their new addition postponed, then there's no way in hell my home park is getting a new coaster in 2021 ... it's not going to hurt Magic Mountain to wait another few years for a new coaster after just getting WCR in 2019 2020.

Meanwhile, I was told (if all went well) our long wait would be over soon. Of course, that hasn't been the case, so we will have to find out this summer.

With the turn out of the station it will already be longer than Jersey Devil, so might as well make it 5 -10 feet taller and bam you have the tallest, fastest, longest single rail coaster. The perfect fit for their 50th anniversary. Also, I can 100% see this being themed to Joker with the big Joker head on the front of the train just like Discovery Kingdom’s Joker. I think it will be a slam dunk for the park, I just hope it doesn’t get delayed.

The one promising thing is Magic Mountain is their flagship park, so if anything new is coming next year it would be to them. With so much unknown right now we will just have to wait and see!

West Coast Customs posted a mini-documentary on YouTube about the process of working with Six Flags and Premier Rides to design West Coast Racers. They talk about the entire development of the ride, from concept to opening. If you are bored during quarantine, I highly suggest giving this a watch!

To be honest, I truly believe, that West Coast Bash (usually early Sept.) will be postponed. Till......?

Just a heads up on that. I'm also thinking, that both the Playland season

AND the PNE in Vancouver are a no-go this summer. But, what can ya do?

• 2 weeks later...
First and foremost, we are going to give you one month of Membership for each month Six Flags Magic Mountain is closed (rounded up to the nearest month). These months will automatically be added to the very end of your Membership

My one year membership anniversary was last month April 14. Yet I was charged this morning $9.95.

Since my membership "ended" last month, does anyone know why I was still charged?

You do NOT need to take any special action to receive these benefits -- your account will automatically be upgraded as soon as Six Flags Magic Mountain reopens.

I have no plans to cancel my membership because I want the free upgrade. The upgrade won't added on until MM opens.

So i understand that part why i'm still at gold status, just confused about still being charged.

There is an option to "pause" your membership. Anyone know if that will affect your free upgrade?

First and foremost, we are going to give you one month of Membership for each month Six Flags Magic Mountain is closed (rounded up to the nearest month). These months will automatically be added to the very end of your Membership

My one year membership anniversary was last month April 14. Yet I was charged this morning $9.95.

Since my membership "ended" last month, does anyone know why I was still charged?

You do NOT need to take any special action to receive these benefits -- your account will automatically be upgraded as soon as Six Flags Magic Mountain reopens.

I have no plans to cancel my membership because I want the free upgrade. The upgrade won't added on until MM opens.

So i understand that part why i'm still at gold status, just confused about still being charged.

There is an option to "pause" your membership. Anyone know if that will affect your free upgrade?

I believe by the end of the membership they are talking about if you cancel you'll end up with an extra month so you're still being charged because you are keeping your account going.

If you pause you will not get the free upgrade.

Memberships never "end" on their own. The one year anniversary is just the minimum time you need to be enrolled, 12 months. You need to manually end your enrollment if you want out.

If I recall correctly, if you choose to "pause" your membership, you lose out on all of the benefits of continued membership, which makes sense.

Really hope we see a JDC clone at the park next year and that it doesn't get delayed due to Covid. I rode WWGLC at SFFT last year and these single rail coasters are completely wild!

Edited by VegasBaby

While this doesn’t necessarily mean the project couldn’t still be delayed, it’s really exciting to see they’re this far along in the process! What an awesome addition to the Mountain!

I’m no expert but a company wouldn’t make the track if it hadn’t already been paid for or some sort of massive deposit was put down. I’m guessing the money has been set aside for this project and will move forward! Also, this is assuming that those pics are legit, which is also very possible they aren’t. Although I’m convinced they’re real!!

^Everything they said. If track is there (and assuming the pics aren't fake), the ride is already likely paid for.

While obviously there aren't any pics from inside the park, have any of the recent drone footage caught any signs of footers or other such work?